It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GPS tracking for your kids

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

reply to post by Aggie Man

What you have both said makes sense. I appreciate your time and comments. As well as the mod's.

Like anything else though, I look at the potential for mis-use not just the possible benefits.

If you likened it to a pistol, then I would have to say it would be a good thing because only the owner is responsible.

But with something that can be picked up, using technology, I still have my doubts and fears. It would be like a handgun but one that someone else could cause to fire, using existing technology.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by maus80

I agree. The basic premise is sound. Even beneficial. But the potential for misuse scares me.

And having that technology in the hand sof people whom I don't trust, frightens me even more.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I hope we can watch for news on this device and others like it; When there are a lot of advocacy and success news stories being reported we will know the next step is coming, the "upgrade."

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by maus80

I hope we can watch for news on this device and others like it; When there are a lot of advocacy and success news stories being reported we will know the next step is coming, the "upgrade."

Thats exactly what i was thinking. this is just a " get used to how great this idea is" and then when were happy with the idea of tracking etc then there will be a much easier way to do it and itll just be in the end of a needle. it wont seem such a big step then because its just like an advancement of what they already got us used to doing and accepting.
it is all about the misuse of this kind of technology and i hate to say it but i think misuse is the motive for it in the end.
All sounds good and handy when its put across as they do but in there minds they have the end scenario already worked out. its just a case of us willing going for it.
i wish i wasnt so sceptical but it is truly how i see and believe it.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by maus80

Exactly.

There will be no protests. No "forced" chipping or tagging.

Marketing will provide for the people and will create loooong lines just to get it.

Only those of us in the fringe will be the ones fighting it.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rickster01

Agreed.

To use an example, the atomic bomb. -just follow with me folks- It was great at stopping a war. It is great for alternative power.

But what is it's main use?

To scare, to frighten, to intimidate. It's misuse, is a grand scale. But it was a good idea at the time. . . .

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rickster01
It is all about the misuse of this kind of technology and i hate to say it but i think misuse is the motive for it in the end.

The misuse will come from the intentions of these technologies: Absolute control. All branches of government have numerous reasons, too many to count, to want this technology to be implemented, and they much prefer that it go smoothly and safely the first time, and that the population want it.

It has huge implications for law enforcement, personal finances, schooling, health industry, consumer goods, and pretty much every aspect of daily life.

These technologies create "black & white" absolutes, and the precious golden-goose for many corporations and government research institutions: absolute statistics.

Either you were speeding on that country road in the middle of nowhere at 3am, or you weren't. Your GPS says how fast you got from A to B. Expect your ticket in the mail.

Either you have prohibited substances in your bloodstream, or you don't. Don't expect any vehicle or heavy machinery to start for you if you do.

Either you were at the house on Maple St where the murder occurred, or you weren't. Your GPS chip doesn't lie, does it save your butt, or incriminate it?

Your Mr Java knows how often you use it, and when. It knows how thrifty or wasteful you are with your coffee.

Manufacturers of electronics and appliances are investing a lot in these technologies, because they badly want their products to be able to report absolute statistics. They truly are the grand prize to these companies, and there is a lot of money behind this.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by maus80]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I Just let my 2yr old walk around with my AK (It's ok I don't let him use the high capacity magazines , he only gets 30 rounders) So far everythings been ok...
no seriously , like everything else these infringements slowly creep up on us in the form of "Safety" and "Security" , Putting Lo-Jack on your kid is WRONG!!!.... I'm old school...I use Whoa-Jack.... as in WHOA ,JACK!!! ... where do you think you're goin?.... get back over here.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
By the way, the time-line for these events seems off to me. The Smart House has been in the public-conscience for a while, I expected interfacing smart appliances to have full market saturation by now. A kids watch that interfaces with their home and provides GPS tracking seems so nineties to me, it sounds like the kind of thing that would already be very mainstream.

I think the problems with earlier mass-implementation of RF/Bio/GPS combination technology had to do with bandwidth, mass storage, manufacturing cost, and a few other major factors needing to line up in the right way. I think that has happened now, and the forced disappearance of analog TV broadcasts ties in somehow, I'm just not sure how.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I have had my son lost once, ONCE. It was in a crowded place as I was helping my daughter with a toy she had bought, I looked aorund to see my son was no longer there. For those few minutes that we couldnt find him and vice versa, it really rips your heart to pieces. I would have easily paid more than £149.99 to just know where he was.
As it was, it was crowded area and he had just wandered over to have a look in a shop window.

You can be a responsible parent, and still want/need this device.

I think this would be great for when you want to give you kids a little responsibility. Not just kids, try thinking of older people. Some of them get confused and forget where they are, or where they're going.

If you're worried about being tracked and traced, don't wear this watch, and remove the battery from your mobile/cell phone

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

You see, that's just wrong. An assault rifle has too much recoil. That's why my kid has a .40 cal.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Daisy-Lola

I can't even imagine the horror. And that's why I'm so torn over this issue. If it were kept in responsible hands, then fine. But I just can't take that leap.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Sorry, didn't see Your post until in the other one.... Hey, never hurts to spread the info

I agree with Your words exactly; so it starts. People need to start preparing themselves for this madness

S&F

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

No problem. The more the merrier.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join