It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaky Panama Creature On Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
First off I am not sure where to post this but if thisis the wrong area Mod's please move it. I found this video on my local news website. Can't figure out how to embed so I only have the link.

Freaky Panama Creature caught on video

Looks to me at first glance like some sort of sea lion but I personally have no idea what it is. Anyone else have any ideas?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I believe it's already been discussed on ATS yesterday...

Everyone seemed to think that it was a Sloth... Lost it's hair after being in the water.

Here's the link...
ATS Forum

[edit on 9/18/2009 by x2Strongx]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
my apologies if it has been discussed , I only searched "panama" and "freaky creature" with no hits. Sorry

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I do believe it is a naked sloth...

Sloth examples

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The video is confusing, there appears to be 2 different creatures being shown in it. The first creature looks no more like a sloth than a chimpanzee or human does. If it's real or not is another argument. The second creature in the video however does look like a sloth. Maybe these two creatures are actually the same one recorded in different lighting conditions and with different equipment but I doubt it, they seem to be very different in appearance.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Jeezy Creezy....

four days and over a dozen threads later and this is still being brought up...
IT'S A SLOTH

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Jeezy Creezy....

four days and over a dozen threads later and this is still being brought up...
IT'S A SLOTH

Did anyone explain what happened to it's nose, hair, and teeth? I looked through the threads but didn't see any plausible explanation. The hair I can kind of understand with it being in the water but I wouldn't think every bit would fall off to make it appear so clean and I have no idea why every tooth is missing and why it's nose seems to have changed so much. Bloating doesn't seem be a sufficient explanation.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by george96]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jwstarry

It's a sloth, without question. How did it lose all its fur? I'm sure that's another story entirely. You can tell by watching the video, the creature is built just like a sloth (these are indigenous to Panama btw), and has the distinctive curved claws on each foot and hand. The bloating is just what happens when an animal dies and is left in the sun for a couple days. Panama is ~HOT~, on a hot rock this thing could have blown up to that size in less than a day. I did a little research on the story, and apparently some kids playing by the water beat the # out of this poor sloth because it was 'coming after them'?????

Uh, at what .03 mph? Panama news was calling it a dead dog. Sloths live in Panama, and I'm sure they have dogs, these people have seen a sloth before. Does it really look like a dog to them? If I live in the U.S. and I can recognize it, sans hair, come on...

I'll give em credit, it looks pretty freakin cool, but it's a premeditated hoax, not something these kids just happened to stumble upon. I'm betting it was 'literally' cooked up by the teenagers who 'found' it. Kill a sloth, ~Hey, it's not gonna run!~ boil the hair off of it, stick it near a cave by a body of water & viola! You have 'washed up mystery cave creature', and national publicity.

new topics

top topics

join