It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism is for Ignorant Fools, not ATS.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by House Of Mirrors
And what's more ironic is that he is half white, half black. Which part are you being racist towards?

He is a human being, exactly the same as we all are

Anything else is just obtuseness, and higlighting for a reason, surely?

[edit on 18/9/09 by neformore]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I'm not racist in the least, I get along with all cultures. The only thing I don't like is some religious person trying to grab up more people into their way of thinking. The world needs to get away from religions because there have been more innocent people killed, tortured or hurt because of religion than any other man made reason to justify such actions.

link   
In a strange way, I think casual racism has a place on ATS. I've seen it in several forums over the year I've been posting. Before the mods jump in and sanction folk, I'd like to see racist posts given a chance to be challenged by members first. Often, racism is a symptom of the background of the poster. It reflects their surroundings and social circle. It's usually based on assumptions they've been given. In theory, being challenged by fellow members has a greater chance of changing those opinions.

This reiteration of ATS moral standards is timely and appropriate, I'm not questioning it at all. Just give members a chance to offer their own challenges first. Peer pressure always carries more weight than the authorities. Give us a chance to kick racist butt. If that doesnt work, warn, u2u and ban their asses

link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
reply to post by House Of Mirrors

You forgot that ATS is a private site, and it can enforce whatever rules it chooses. Despite the fact that I'm a little peeved about my warning (especially when the post afterward calls somebody a "dike on steroids" and is still up...), I understand that posting on ATS is a privilege, not a right, and it can be revoked at any time for any reason.

Don't misunderstand -- I fully support the racism rule, since I agree that racism is indeed for ignorant fools.

I see me getting docked some points or perhaps even a warning but let me speak for those that can't or have been silenced. It is a private site, no contention there. They can do whatever they want. I get that. But a site that brags about being open minded and a place to share thoughts, shouldn't begin to make different sets of rules for its members. That's all I'm saying. I agree that I accepted the TC just as everyone did but that TC should be the same for everyone, especially if you call someone a dike. That may not be racism but it is prejudice.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by BLUE ARMS
And what's more ironic is that he is half white, half black. Which part are you being racist towards?

He is a human being, exactly the same as you are.

So which part of that do you want to be obtuse about?

[edit on 18/9/09 by neformore]

Which part are you assuming he is being racist towards?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I had one discussion the other day where a poster basically claimed that blacks were inherently by criminal by virtue of genetics, and then got outraged "how dare you call me a racist!"

I am glad to see ATS taking a stand, but some of this stuff has become so ingrained in people's brains I don't know how much it will actually help.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx

I don't assume, and if you check, I edited the post because I had the context wrong.

However, since you ask - highlighting either when neither really matters seems a pointless exercise.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Racism truly is ignorant and pathetic but in the end it is a part of free speech, as long as they don't physically harm anyone they can say whatevr they like in my view.

ATS is of course a private company and not bound by free speech laws, however i would hope that ATS would support free speech as a matter of course. I guess this isn't the case. Whilst i will not miss the racist comments on ATS i find it disheartening to see free speech being suppressed.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

I did not call somebody a dike.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's in this thread. Just because Bill Clinton is not a member of this forum does not mean he should be subject to those types of insults. Do you agree?

link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
This reiteration of ATS moral standards is timely and appropriate, I'm not questioning it at all. Just give members a chance to offer their own challenges first. Peer pressure always carries more weight than the authorities. Give us a chance to kick racist butt. If that doesnt work, warn, u2u and ban their asses

I agree actually.
Although it does piss me off (the racism) i do find educating (hammering) people to be quite beneficial.
I think most people on ATS, as in life, are decent people and treat everyone equally.

And i do think we can "kick racist butt" as you say...

I think your suggestion is a good one.

Let us loose at them, If they're still an ignorant, racist moron.... GOODBYE!!

link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
About dang time they said something. Was getting tired of all the hate speech.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

Wow... What forums and threads have this been going on? I must have missed all this going on in the last few months I have been a member. Of course, its bad and we shouldn't do it and those that do are bad and we should all come together and be nice and we are all one..... What forums/topics had this problem?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by Roadblockx

I don't assume, and if you check, I edited the post because I had the context wrong.

However, since you ask - highlighting either when neither really matters seems a pointless exercise.

I hate exercise.

Second line to prevent me from getting punished.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Stop the off topic posts.

Please remain on topic.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Ok, no problem

As to your President Obama i really don't know why he gets so much stick... he seems to be doing a good job so far... blacks were held back a lot over in the USA so it's good to see some of them doing well and mixing on TV & Film also...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
reply to post by Roadblockx

I did not call somebody a dike.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's in this thread. Just because Bill Clinton is not a member of this forum does not mean he should be subject to those types of insults. Do you agree?

No, no. I know you didn't say it. That's what I meant. If you got into trouble, then whoever said it should have as well. Same team
Same team.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Its not Racism for having an opinion. Its when that opinion is turned into actions, that's when it becomes a crime. This is just another attempt at blocking free-speech because any crime wether its directly towards a black person, white person or whatever..is still a crime.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by jimmyx

Ok, no problem

As to your President Obama i really don't know why he gets so much stick... he seems to be doing a good job so far... blacks were held back a lot over in the USA so it's good to see some of them doing well and mixing on TV & Film also...

Ok, is this an example of what we are trying to avoid?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

reply to post by jimmyx

Ok, no problem

This is what House of Mirrors was talking about before nearly everything he wrote got yanked. Everything you say or write will have to be checked to make sure it doesn't go into that every changing gray area.

Is there some kind of checklist we can review to see what is considered "racist"?

Yikes, now I got hit. I'm out of here. They are looking for trouble and I caution everyone to watch what they say and not ask too many questions. Good luck and good night.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Roadblockx]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

reply to post by jimmyx

Ok, no problem

Can you explain to me what you mean by your reply?

Did you actually read my post?

[edit on 18-9-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join