It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism is for Ignorant Fools, not ATS.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by earlywatcher
I'm not trying to be sarcastic or funny.

Yes you are.

I'm convinced that anyone disagreeing with, or confused by the position expressed in the opening is doing so for a reason.

It's very, very simple.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I had a racist mother- but being she managed to make my life a living hell as it was, it became fun to exploit her racist ideals for my own entertainment.

I don't judge anyone on their color- BUT- I will flay someone's rear end if they decide to use color, or political standing as a lever on me. Some of the personal ads I have seen- the woman 'expects' the person who replies to be black- She's just excluded 3/4 of the general population (everything from Asian to Latino). What if she just excluded the one guy she'd fall head over heels for, just because he was the wrong shade? I have been the victim of discrimination, along with a black guy (Brownsville, TX- may it burn in hell). We got to duck and cover while the Mexican trash abused us no end. Meanwhile- I'd run into Mexicans who'd like to see these... I dunno what to call them. Racist isn't the right term. Well, these... 'people' wiped from the face of the earth. I also, unfortunately, ran into this BEAUTIFUL Mexican girl who, while she liked me, couldn't have anything to do with me because I was white.
I never saw so much 'political bed humping' in all my life as what the was going on down there. Everyone had a political 'group' they rabidly belonged to... And being how many hardcore Catholics there were- it made for a really messy disgusting mess no self respecting human being would want to wade thru.

It seems Racism is a state of mind, that the media, religion and the govt (ah yes... the usual 3 stooges of doom) have force fed to the ones that'll listen. Religion's role seems to be one of the biggies: Once again, a wonderful, beautiful girl- only this one was Arab (lives in Saudi) and Muslim. Lotsa sparks, no romance. Why? 'wrong religion, wrong nationality', 'my father would murder me'. I haven't heard from her in a long while on Yahoo- I kinda wonder if her dad didn't find out and DID kill her.

(You got it- I don't discriminate by race, religion, color.... I go by attitude, intelligence, and their standards of vanity, and greed.)

Look at some hardcore rednecks. Before anyone decides to come shoot me... I mean the ones that are convinced God wants them to wipe out all them *youknowwhats*. Then, you have the blacks who have the SAME (supposedly) God, who tells them all the WHITES need to be wiped off the planet. Wow. "God" speaks with a forked tongue, huh?
Then... God's working for (insert hardcore group here). Then, you have Allah.... Talk about a fishy smell in the bay.

What is needed is the wiping of all 3 stooges OUT. How? I dunno. It'd take something well more powerful than all of us put together. Something HUGE needs to show these fools that their petty divisions aren't worth the air expelled going on about them.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I agree but then you have to be careful what you term as 'racist' and what you term as just 'honest opinion'

Sometimes what we write can come across as being 'racist' but what we are actually doing is stating a 'fact' or 'opinion'

It's like if i said 'this city is getting too crowded with too many immigrants' would you class that as being 'racist' or class it as 'fact'?

People will have to learn not to take opinions out of context!!

if you were a white person from america, living in Lagos, Nigeria, and there were large crowds of Nigerians who held signs up saying "this city is getting too crowded with too many immigrants" ...would you feel like you were racially threatened? ...or would you just think they were stateing a fact.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

What was the term? Ignorance is bliss. I believe this keeps the individual from actually thinking. It may be the term that most describes some of the attitudes. Why read the opening post, shoot from the hip.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Whoa...

A little steep..????

A visit to ATS reminds me of being at School,

Letting others control my thoughts, speech, opinions and actions,

DENY IGNORANCE.

Sorry, I ment Racism is for Ignorance.

Peace

BLUE ARMS

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I agree that racism is not for ATS.

One of the problems I see is that some topics involve race. I think that some guidelines need to be set so that if race is an integral part of an issue that it can be discussed without venturing into racism.

Examples. Educational Outcomes in the US. Some minorities are underrepresented when it comes to graduating from high school and/or attending college. I do believe that this is a topic that could be intelligently discussed here on ATS. I do believe that some things that will be said in this type of post could easily be misconstrued as racism. However, I view ATS as a forum that can rise above the simple minded cries of racism and hopefully topics that involve race will not become verboten.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by RRconservative
Hating Mr. Obama's policies is not racist, and hoping he fails for the sake of the country is also not racist.

The opening post made it clear that ATS staff is intelligent enough to discern such differences.

However, racism disguised as political criticism is on the rise, and will not be tolerated.

WHY is it on the rise???

???

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Could ATS also crack down on the cries of racism when none was expressed?

The PC crowd has made an art form out of expressing fake outrage and discontent with just about anything you could possibly talk about.

I'd rather be called a cracker than have someone express fake shock over the fact someone actually said it. At least the first person was being honest.

People ARE different. Different cultures ARE different from each other. I'm not saying one is better than the other, just different.

Pointing out, discussing, questioning, or examining those differences is not racists in and of itself though some will cry racism at any discussion of said differences.

How boring would the world be if we all thought and acted the same?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It's a shame that a thread like this is even required on a site such as this where people are meant to be more forward thinking and open. It just shows how deep the disease that is racism goes, the stinking side of humanity.

I also hate political correctness and people using the race card, they are just as bad as racism, in fact they are racism.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Good for ATS! I agree wholeheartedly!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Primordial
People ARE different. Different cultures ARE different from each other. I'm not saying one is better than the other, just different.

Pointing out, discussing, questioning, or examining those differences is not racists in and of itself though some will cry racism at any discussion of said differences.

I agree with you, but when someone announces those differences to be an indication of race it is racist, at least in my mind.

We could make distinctions about how Chinese culture differs from Ethiopian, how they differ physically, etc., but to say they are from two seperate races IS racist.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I agree that racism is not for ATS.

One of the problems I see is that some topics involve race.

No S*it Sherlock..?!

This is going to come as a REAL wake-up call for you,

There ARE different races of "humans" who (you guessed it already..doh!) DO-NOT-GET-ALONG.

REGARDLESS.

sorry..oops...... not very (PC)

Peace,

BLUE ARMS

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by House Of Mirrors

towards men, women, age, sex, sexual orientation, race, citizenship, location, intelligence, eye color, hair color

You do have a point, I would LOVE to see the term redneck, and hillbilly abolished on this forum,

I see this quite often,

My hubby is a Irish redneck hard working hillbilly, and he is the salt of the earth,

Every time I see it used I bristle with anger, yet keep my mouth shut.

[edit on 123030p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

link   
If there is no such thing as race, how can there be racism?

If there are no differences between the races, How does one tell a race?

If there is to be diversity, do we not require boundaries and borders to keep it all diverse?

Does not homogenization kill diversity?

link   

Originally posted by BLUE ARMS
There ARE different races of "humans" who (you guessed it already..doh!) DO-NOT-GET-ALONG.

Could you please provide a valid historical and scientific argument for that statement?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Actually, I got warnings from mods for posting about the media race baiting. Somehow posting the MSM's/Democrats attacking Americans as racist, is in itself racist. I find it interesting tat this thread pops up at the exact same time the MSM is at its peak fear mongering level.

I've been reading these forums a long time and while I do see white on black racism very occasionally, I much more often see racism towards whites. Pointing that out is not racist. If you think it is, well then maybe you have some race issues of your own.

Disagreeing with Obama does not make you racist. The accusation is based solely on the skin color of the critics. How ironic eh?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join