It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism is for Ignorant Fools, not ATS.

page: 28
<< 25  26  27   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The belly aching of the mods and owner of this site are getting quite old. Every page you go on on this site you see racism shoved down our throats. Let it go. It's this sort of thing that is keeping racism alive in this country.
Tell me where it is written that I have to accept anyone, or that they have to accept me? I do not agree with the racists point of view by any means. We are all people reguardless of skin color. With that being said, we do not have to acceept anyone for anything but if you don't accept them, keep it to yourself unless you are debating that particular subject on a forum such as this. I may not agree with the homosexual lifestyle, or with anything islamic, or abortion, or certain aspects of the black culture itself, but the individual themself I can still resprect and engage in conversation with.
I will agree with many on here who have already stated that this mess has popped up majorly since obama got elected. Why can we not speak out against him without being labeled a racist? We can't apparently. His election is turning America into one giant Jerry Springer episode.
So, please stop shoving this type of rhetoric down our throats and let us get back to our discussions.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
Why can we not speak out against him without being labeled a racist? We can't apparently.

Nobody on ATS has said you can't speak out if you disagree with Obama's policies.

No one.

Quite why people keep repeating this I have no idea. Its not true.

Maybe you should read the whole thread?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

The belly aching of the mods and owner of this site are getting quite old. Every page you go on on this site you see racism shoved down our throats. Let it go. It's this sort of thing that is keeping racism alive in this country.

...and peoples unwillingness to call it what it is does even more. It's really very simple...we aren't going to allow it here. If we see it, it's gone.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Sorry, I guess the point I was getting at was the big green Racism is for Ignorant Fools banner that is everywhere on this site. So I'm confused,,,, again I do not agree with racism, but you cannot make a remark that can be constrewed as racist but you can call people ignorant fools? I watched a movie the other day on TBS I believe and GD was said several times as well as SOB, but the dreaded "N" word was bleeped out. Now when did black people get to the point of greater importance than God? Sort've what it looks like on here. I have never made a racist remark on here, nor will I ever, I'm just confused about why people are getting so sensitive nowadays.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Arrowmancer
If you get banned for being who you are, then, so be it. If you can learn to control your prejudices and NOT get banned here, you just might learn something.

Probably the most cogent post I've seen in this thread. THAT'S the point exactly. Well said.

Yes, conform to the hive mind, and you'll fit in just fine. Join the sheep, it's easier when you follow the crowd.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I agree that racism is for ignorant fools. I have been attacked racially both in the US and the UK, where I was born.

We are all different, but are of one race-THE HUMAN RACE. We all share this planet with one another, and having witnessed racism, as a young child, as well-I find that it is the ignorant, who are racists.

I love people from all nationalities, religions (satan worshippers, I can't co-exist with). and colours. My daughter is dark and I am white. I have a great love of looking at people from other countries and hearing them speak in their native tongues.

The colour of the skin isn't important, nor the language that somebody speaks. It is what comes from the heart and the head that makes all the difference.

We are all the same colour inside, and all come into this world the same and go out the same way. Even when I was a young child, I could not understand racism. It made no sense to me at all. I remember going into a cafe as a child with my grandmother in Texas and seeing toilets marked up white and black. I asked the person why they couldn't use our toilets? and before he could answer- I said that didn't they go the same way, as we do. Also, we all are created by the same G-d, so why are they treated indifferently. (the word, I used was different). I was about six at the time. It is something that has been embedded in my memory. I do recall the owner didn't have an answer to my questions.

To me racist people are colour blind, and can't see beyond themselves. However, if they take a closer look at themselves-they would have to judge themselves, as they would find flaws and reasons for their imperfection.

We should not judge others for their imperfections, or whatever; before we judge the imperfections within ourselves. None of us is perfect, but we are all created the same way. We should consider our differences a blessing, as this world would be a boring place, if we were all clones and perfect in every way.

love, light and peace

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Honestly Christian Voice, you are looking a gift horse in the mouth. If someone offers you a better way to learn and grow, why would you throw it back at them and say, "stop it!". The mindset on this issue is baffling me.

Why can't people understand what is being presented to them? A way to go about learning and growing without being sidetracked by stupidity. The efforts of the moderators and staff and even the owners, I applaud.

I could very easily go to another forum and talk about how this race or that race is bringing our country down, but what would I really be doing? Absolutely nothing but learning about how others feel the same way.

Here, the point is being made that we will not be allowed to fall into this mindset. Realize where you are, ATS, a step above the norm. We will not allow ignorance a foothold on our quest for honest discussion and learning. It is quite simple people. Leave your preconceived notions at the door when you come in and be ready to participate in actual and intelligent discussion.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The point has been made.

Racist bigotry, in all forms, is for ignorant fools and not ATS.

In no way, shape, or form is this to be construed by anyone as motivation to limit valid criticism of President Obama, ever.

Thread closed. Move along.

top topics

<< 25  26  27   >>

join