It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism is for Ignorant Fools, not ATS.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Im waiting for the human RACE to get its act together!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf89cd473a45.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I am a human being. I could care less if I was black, white, yellow, gray, pink, blue, purple, green, orange with khaki stripes or just plain bloody multicoloured.

We are all human beings. We are all in this together.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Jews and Muslims are routinely bashed on this board, I've seen Muslims members of ATS mocked and insulted for defending moderate Muslims and their religion.

Please be aware that nothing in the OP is limited to white and black.

Anti-Jew, anti-semite, anti-arab, anti-muslim, religious fundamentalist bigotry etc. are all for Ignorant Fools.

I'd also personally argue that blind partisanship also falls in that category.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I know most people will come in here and relish their chance to expose how evil racism is and how it should not be tolerated. The problem is that many people have a misconception about its definitions and how it should be used.

True racism is bad and should not be tolerated. Hate is the main driver behind this and it is not a healthy state of mind. Also remember that being racist does not mean you are automatically a fool - there have been some very smart, albeit evil, racists in history. A lot of people grew up in environments that were so racially potent, they may not realise how racist some of their thoughts actually are.

Regardless of the political correctness you wish to instil in the minds of the masses, it is unreasonable to conclude that racists are "ignorant fools" because it undermines the potential harm true racists can do to others. History tells us that underestimating people who are deeply racist is a VERY bad move.

[edit on 18/9/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Will not be tolerated, not because there is a need to exercise intolerance, but because racism is disgusting a reveals so much about a person. I have seen people on ATS be blatantly racist and I have seen people on ATS be ignorant to the point of being racist. It is important to realize that America was built on violence and oppression, to somehow think that everything is cool now or that such sentiment still does not exist is, well, ignorant.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

RASCISMS is not for the foolish I Hate all Races... That are not Human...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'm so pleased to see this! Very well said!

I think there are a lot of people who are indeed ignorant to the fact that they are racist. This may stem from not being able to question anything about ones race, due to the fact it is always such a controversial subject. Therefore, rather than to subject themselves to verbal abuse, they continue on with their narrow minded way of thinking. Believing their opinion of others must be right.

You cannot change if you are unaware you need to change.

Pax

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

That is exactly what my post was meant to be. SImply a question about why race is always brought into discussions about legitimate issues. If it had been posted and not removed we may have been able to discuss it. The concern is real, it was not a racist remark or question, I simply want to know why race is brought into all of these discussions? Just because our president is black and we disagree with him does not make us racist, so why are we accused as being such? Why is it that we are no longer allowed to disagree with other people without some label being added to us? Why is it that when other races disagree with our white presidents they are not considered racist? Why is it that the only people that are allowed to be called racist are white? Finally, when will this flip to the person who constantly brings up race as the issue as that person being the racist?

I'm tired of all the racism in America, I think it's stupid, I think it's foolish, I think it's far outdated, but I think it's the other races(1 specifically) that are racist, not the whites. Am I alone in this thought?

[edit on 18-9-2009 by memarf1]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

maybe it's just me but there's no mention of the president in that opening post.

the issue of ignorant racism and bigotry, across the board, has been increasing and we're taking a stand.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Very good topic. I believe those who let themselves believe that the race of an individual is indicative to some predetermined conclusion are denying themselves a world of possibilities. Everyone has something great to offer that has nothing to do with race.

By taking someone's opinion with a grain of salt because they are not of a specific race is stupid on a monumental scale. They are truly denying themselves a blessing and closing their ears to a universe of insight. Why would someone even consider the race of an individual?

I believe a lot of this type of behavior comes from a false sense of pride. Believing that theirs is the superior race. Why would someone have this attitude? Lack of education, upbringing. We are all human in the end and will meet the same maker.

I had to edit this after I re-read a post from Dark Ghost. You are right, we should not turn our ear away from a racist who may have something to add to a discussion either. Very good post Dark Ghost. I didn't realize what you were saying at first.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I think this talk of racism is silly.

Yes there are racist but this is overblown by people who want to use Obama's race to shield liberal policies.

Liberals want to reduce Obama's Presidency to race. As a black man, I see that as offensive. Obama doesn't cry racism and he's not walking around talking about race.

I don't agree with Obama on a lot of issues but on race he has it right. There's no need to call everyone a racist that disagrees with you.

All Presidents get criticized. Reagan, Clinton, Bush and now all of a sudden your a racist if you oppose Obama's policies.

I think it's a cheap charge and your talking about a small group of people. To try to act like we are living in 1950 and drinking from seperate water fountains is silly. This is overblown and reduces the Presidency to race in order to play politics.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

It involves more than just President Obama... There are threads involving race issues that don't even mention the President.

Deliberate obfuscation isn't going to help the issue.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Again, you (deliberately) missed the point.

This has nothing to do with Obama. Please read the OP.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Hating Mr. Obama's policies is not racist, and hoping he fails for the sake of the country is also not racist.

An argument that can surely be made without reference to race.

There are valid racial aspects to discuss in today's political and social discourse, that fact is unfortunate but obvious and both parties and the media have made sure of that ... but those are precisely the discussions that cannot be had with reason and intellect if they are constantly injected with hate.

ATS has gone out of it's way to protect Mr. Obama, and this "reminder" is just more proof.

No they have not, they have championed the one thing that makes this site above all others. Namely reason, civility, and decorum above ignorant bigotry.

Like kj said, there is a plethora of other websites that those with such inclinations can hate away to their heart's content.

The race baiting was getting distressing and out of hand ... some are happy to be motivated and wagged by their tv and radio heroes to justify their inner hate, and ATS was fast becoming their dumping ground.

Hopefully this action sends them a clear message that their ilk is not welcome here, and I for one, with the vast majority of other ATS members could not be more supportive of it.

ALL conversation can still take place including those regarding race and including those criticizing the president, media, etc, nothing has changed in this regard ...

[edit on 18 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Also, before we hear the inevitable grousing, our staff is intelligent enough to discern the difference between harsh criticism of a government's policies and an attack on the racial makeup of a government.
If you say so.
I haven't seen much to indicate that the staff of ATS is any less disposed to bias, including seeing racism where none exists, than any other person on these boards.

I find it interestingly that for the last 8 years we have had this "War on Terror" I have seen on ATS tons of racist posts directed at Muslims, Arabs, Jews, and pretty much anyone from or near the middle east. No one on the staff seemed to care very much. You saw little action other than a few random warnings against the people who were obviously calling for genocide and other big no-no's.

But now we have a golden calf as president and no one can even mention his color. Unless of course you are using his race in an argument against the President's naysayers. Only then it is perfectly acceptable to point out that he is a "black man" and that is the "only reason" for why people don't like "his policies."

Using the popular definition of racism, one can easily show that EVERYONE is racist or culturally intolerant to some degree. The only truly ignorant are those fools who think they are above racism, above profiling, and above ignorance - people who act like the OP.

Jon

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Sooooo... I have a question..... Does this mean that ATS would not tolerate the likes of La Raza or Kosher Power...

I only ask because of our supreme court justice who seems to have some ties with the de facto lobbist group....

And Kosher Power is a real web blog that promotes the idea of supremacy..

I once wrote a thread about the issue... it lasted around 4 pages and a few moderation modulations before eventually getting trashed.

No racism no in any form right?

[edit on 18-9-2009 by titorite]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

There is no equivocation, to be racist is to be an ignorant fool not worthy of participation in society...

I disagree - very much

everyone gets to participate

on a more practical note - better they participate in the open than go underground - they are NOT going to go away

...much less contributing to discussions on ATS. We have very few editorial restraints, racism is one, and it's not wanted on AboveTopSecret.com.

I absolutely am in favor of better monitoring - more repercussions

but I think it's the greater value to let them speak as often as they wish - within the T&C of course

much better than any anti-drug announcement:

this is your brain, this is your brain on racism - get it?

I can't remember every seeing any racist comments here at ATS that even once made me go "huh - never thought about it that way"

they pretty much state the obvious whenever they choose to speak up - and it's never what they intended

let them speak - let us speak against it - better in the light

again - within the T&C - of course

:-)

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Sorry you had to even go this route SO. It feels like eventually you and the MODS will become so disparaged by the average poster that you may become desensitized by us as your friends and fellow members.

It seems the only time I get to hear your opinions anymore are in threads like these, and I guess I am just trigger happy when I see your threads up I sometimes click first and read second only to find it is more rule making, policy policing, and that is sad, you are not the ats jailer. But for many newcomers it just may seem that way.

link   
I'll never understand what makes a person hate someone for something they have no control over....but at the same time, I'll never understand why people have such a vehement response to racism and less of a response to any other type of degrading behaviour. I could call someone every name in the book, but the moment I call them a racial slur.....them's fighting words.

link   
Here, here - well said.

'Tis a pity that that reminder had to be sent out though

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join