It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism is for Ignorant Fools, not ATS.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Excellent opening post. Thank you.

Bout time too. [2nd line.]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I can only speak for myself....it seems to be a waist of time thinking up posting scenarios that relates to the no racism on ATS declaration. I'd suggest you all use your best judgment when posing and the qualified, reasonable ATS staff will sort it out case by case if there are perceived issues. If you feel you may be close to the edge...take a step back. Really I don't think this isn't going to be an issue for 99% of the ATS membership.

Just an opinion take it for what it's worth...

[edit on 9/18/2009 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvrshadow

what thread was that?

Can I have a link?

I want to see what everyone is talking about.

Are we talking racism bigotry or both?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by esecallum
Whites hate blacks as they believe deep down,even though they may deny this, that blacks are inferior and are monkeys.

Wow, just wow.

Please don't project on the rest of us...you speak only for yourself.

Actually professor Freud backs me up.He says these things are very deeply buried in the subconscious.

Heard of the Id? It is extremely savage.Every moment must be self gratification.

It controls and directs your behaviour.

The primeavil force is very powerful.

I dare say if you were stripped of your mod cons like your burgher, tv, clothes, dvd player and ipod you would revert to savagery very quickly too
as William Golding showed in his novel Lord of the Flies.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It's probably a good idea to do this, but I think it's important that you maintain a healthy balance, not going overboard if you know what I mean.

I only see the HUMAN race, so excessive talk about racism is just as bad as no talk in my mind.

Anyway thanks for running such a great site, it can't be easy.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
A racist is an enslved mind.

Though fear perpetuates the emotion of it, it is a purely learned behaviour. One is taught to believe in diffierences only to perptuate a belief of entitlement over another human. This perceived entitlement gives them a deluded sence of superiority.

However, the joke is on them as they have not questioned the ideolgies they were indoctrinated with, rather they are shackled and enlsaved by them, accepting them and living in a cycle of hate.What a waste of ones time here.

I would counter that being racist isnt being ignorant so much as being enslaved. Enslaved to fear, brainwashing, and a inferiority complex that drives one to claim superiority.

i

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I was just looking through all 12 pages and clicking on the profile of those that had posted a comment that was removed due to T&C violations. Thus far, we have banned 1 person due to comments in this thread.

There are several others on temporary post ban as well. A board business thread on a serious issue is not the place to mess around.

Some are just learning that lesson.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Also, before we hear the inevitable grousing, our staff is intelligent enough to discern the difference between harsh criticism of a government's policies and an attack on the racial makeup of a government.

Unfortunately, in a country which cherishes First Amendment rights, all points of view should be allowed to be heard and commented upon. One of the great privileges as well as dangers of true freedom and liberty is the inclusion of 'foolish statements' by individuals. Let the collective wisdom of a freely-associating group of concerned individuals police the discourse -- not an 'uber intelligent staff' of enlightened individuals. This is both elitist and offensive and arrogant, and this mindset is dangerous and chilling, moreso than the supposed fear of 'racist, bigotted' remarks you mention. 'Hands off' free speech, please, no matter how disquieting and uncomfortable it may become. True ignorance and foolishness will reveal itself and be caught by the discerning participants of this wonderful medium.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I have some concerns about this whole concept, it's something that I sincerely believed was already laid out in the T&C, and was dealt with as usual, by the moderation of this forum and the participation of this community as a whole. So now, all of a sudden this is some kind of new pressing issue that must be dealt with?
I'll give you an example of why this is cause for concern for alot of us...
In november of 2001, Fox news was running an explosive four part series on the Israeli Spy ring that was operating here in the US before 9-11. That series was pulled from the air due to pressure from groups like the ADL, and most Americans would consequently never know the depth or seriousness of this espionage or the implications it had on the Sept. 11 attacks. That series was pulled because of one particular group's definition of racism. I'd hate to see ATS fall into the same trap by allowing the ADL and similar extremist groups, yes extremist groups, to dictate the content here, because a great deal of information vital to conspiracy related research, particularly in regards to 9-11, is often supressed in the name of quelling their definition of biggotry and intolerance.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I agree.

Lets keep race out of the forums.
In the end, we are all "virtually" equal on ATS.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalterRatlos
You're welcome!
The question was: what is the "true" meaning of the N-word, was it not? The link to the definition that I provided answers that question. If you were discussing another N-word with a different meaning, I apologize. And no need to throw around insults. And yes, where I live calling an adult immature is an insult.

So because i don't wish to type the word N****r, you decide to post a dictionary definition of the N-word..... which is actually not a word?

And this is supposed to do what?

Is it funny? No.

Is it meaningful or does it add to the discussion? No.

So yes..... grow up.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Actually professor Freud backs me up.He says these things are very deeply buried in the subconscious.

Heard of the Id? It is extremely savage.Every moment must be self gratification.

Selective quoting. Have you heard of the ego and superego? Remember that there are 3 of everyone of us. The one that we see ourselves as. The one that others see us as and the person we really are.

I like this new movement. Not just for the members but for the board in general. This is ATS. We attract ALL types of people. Racism/bigotry will come into play at some times. That doesn't mean that we members have to put up with outdated concepts. That's what racism/bigotry are. OLD means of manipulation. Leave them where they belong..... in the past.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Another reminder to stay on topic lest you join those who already have the weekend off from ATS.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Whites hate blacks as they believe deep down,even though they may deny this, that blacks are inferior and are monkeys.

Wow, just wow.

Please don't project on the rest of us...you speak only for yourself.

I'm pretty sure Freud is turning in his grave right now. Ok, so a white guy's or girl's subconscious tells him/her to hate blacks? What about blacks, then? Does their subconscious tell them to hate whites?
And then there is that slight possibility that if Freud really said that the subconscious of the white people tells them to hate blacks or all other non-white humans that he was a racist himself.

Yes, I've heard of the Id and yes it can be savage and it seeks self-gratification for the most part, but what does that have to do with whites hating blacks? Racism is acquired through learning; nobody is born racist. Also, the Id is a strange beast, because it is subconscious and a lot what we know about it may be just speculation.

Yes, the Id is very powerful, but it does not control and/or direct your behavior. There is a constant struggle between Id, Superego and Ego, and the Id does not win all the time. Sometimes it wins, sometimes it looses due to Superego or Ego override.

I dare say if you were stripped of your mod cons like your burgher, tv, clothes, dvd player and ipod you would revert to savagery very quickly too
as William Golding showed in his novel Lord of the Flies.

No, it's not that easy. Slipping to a savage state is a temptation when the right conditions prevail, but it is not inevitable. And Lord of the Flies was just a novel not a real life situation.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

It is a shame that one cannot star a post in the 'Board Business' forum, for that post deserves many, many stars... If for no other reason than to make others pay even more attention to it! Well said, intrepid, well said!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Well many seem to just not like what is different from them. I myself am not one. I dont care what color you are, where you live, what your race is, what culture or religion you follow I only care about who you are on the inside. I dont like to judge or be racist towards anyone. Everyone is who they are because of who they are inside not outside necessarily. I lived in an area where racism was really bad and it just made me shake my head at people who were like this. I even lost a couple friends because I didnt think their racist jokes or comments were funny or needed. People need to learn to embrace another human being for what they really are: another HUMAN BEING! Nobody is perfect and no one race is better we are all equal and just trying to earn a living and live our lives to the fullest.
Great post SO!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

Project much? Aside from your friend being just a few bricks shy of a full load, that's an example of the majority how?

Just because you, yourself, may harbor rascist thoughts, does not automatically mean everyone is.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Selective quoting. Have you heard of the ego and superego?

That would make a good topic.

That doesn't mean that we members have to put up with outdated concepts. That's what racism/bigotry are. OLD means of manipulation. Leave them where they belong..... in the past.

That's what racism/bigotry are. OLD means of manipulation

It may be outdated, but it is getting used more everyday.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

How would you feel if blacks robbed you and raped you and your wife and your daughter?

You would feel intense hatred and loathing.Would you not?

The same as you would if white people did it.

The act is the thing that provokes the loathing, not the skin colour.

Pretending that its anything else is pathetic.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join