It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism is for Ignorant Fools, not ATS.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
Racism IS for the foolish.

It has long been my understanding that all of humanity is equal in three regards.

1. We all bleed red.

2. We all die.

3. There is no color chart when it comes to the hormones of a human in heat.

Three subtle but true things that link all of humanity past all prejudice.

I also oppose supremacy. Some folks on this bored have claimed tolerance in the same breath saying that they come from a stock better than my own.

Again refer back to the first three precepts of my belief and understand. In those regards we are all equal.

Every one is a racist deep down.This is an unassailable fact.

We fear and hate the unknown.

We hate and loath that which is different from us.

It terrifies us.It is a primeval fear and loathing and hate.

Whites hate blacks as they believe deep down,even though they may deny this, that blacks are inferior and are monkeys.

At sport games with black players you hear monkeys noises being made by whites at black players.

Could you explain this?

I know a racist who buys bananas.No, not to eat them.

He throws them at the tv screen every time he sees a black face and uses the"N"word.

His wife has to keep a cloth handy to clean the mess on the screen.

I have seen this with my own eyes.

Can you explain this?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
i find it disheartening to see free speech being suppressed.

Supporting free expression is not the same as supporting ignorant fools.

I find the two go hand in hand. Many people espouse very ignorant opinions on every subject we can think of. They're ignorant fools but in the end that is free speech. You can't have free speech without ignorance because there will always be those that choose not to be informed.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

no, you're mistaken. you can vilify palin. you can call bush any name in the book, you can insult beck, you can accuse fox news of despicable lies, you can accuse jews of despicable crimes, you just can't say anything critical about obama or possibly anybody who is (at least half) black.

racism is the hate crime du jour.

i hereby declare myself black. i expect my opinions to held in high regard from here on out. anyone who doesn't agree with me is racist.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

Sounds like the racist you know is a few french fries short of a happy meal.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum
Can you explain this?

We already have, they are ignorant fools.

There's no other explanation for hateful racism.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum
Whites hate blacks as they believe deep down,even though they may deny this, that blacks are inferior and are monkeys.

Wow, just wow.

Please don't project on the rest of us...you speak only for yourself.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Please view this thread and have it removed, or let it stand as an example of what will not be tolerated. Those of us complaining didn't get very far and were even warned not to continue voicing complaints of bigotry. Luckily another mod stepped in as a voice of reason.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

That's not all fact my friend. If you go to a preschool and watch the crayon box of kids playing together you won't see any fear in them towards each other. Sounds like your buddy may have Down Syndrome.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Supporting free expression is not the same as supporting ignorant fools.

it is exactly the same

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

And no. I don't believe anyone is inferior to me. Only different. But differences don't intimidate me. I welcome and encourage difference. It's the best way to see beyond your point of view.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I was just looking through all 12 pages and clicking on the profile of those that had posted a comment that was removed due to T&C violations. Thus far, we have banned 1 person due to comments in this thread. Keep up the good work.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

It became an exercise in never ending hate polemics with no end in sight ...

SD - it's exhausting - I know

truthfully - you spend more time in those threads than I do - I see your point

I've gone through several little chunks of time recently where I stopped reading - and stopped participating - exactly for this reason

it's very much the same reason that periodically I go news-free - it's as overwhelming out there as it is in here - more so because you can't just banish it

it just wears out your heart and your mind and your soul

this is a privately owned site - there's no reason for the owners to allow anything they don't want to allow - if they decide they don't want people with silly monkey avatars to post - so be it - that's up to them

but one of the reasons I am still attached to this place is I feel perfectly comfortable hearing what people have to say - no matter how ugly - as long as I also get to say how I feel about what they have to say

the minute people are no longer allowed to have an opinion - it kills the entire thing for me

there's no point bringing up free speech issues really - they don't apply here - and I think we all agree on that

but if I'm talking as a member - just as a participating member - I would prefer a situation that hasn't been sanitized for my protection

if it gets to be too much for me - I'll bow out and take a break

if the content doesn't follow the letter of the law - the T&C - it should be dealt with accordingly

but - remove the racism? I don't really see how - and I don't get the why - not the same way you do

[edit on 9/18/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

There is no equivocation, to be racist is to be an ignorant fool not worthy of participation in society, much less contributing to discussions on ATS. .

there is serious conflict of interest here.

ats says to deny ignorance.
ats says the truth is important.

how many facts would i have to ignore to admit to you i'm not a racist ???

racism can be defined as an observer who believes one race is better or worse at something due to one's race.

truth being what truth is ...

i defer my arguement to the facts of what races have won what medals in a worldwide compitition called the olympics.

i admit to being a racist, but please don't kick me off ats.

i admit to being a racist in the general definition because i believe certain races have certain characteristics that may help them in a certain environment more than that of another from a different environment.

i admit to being a racist, but diversity is humanities overall strength.

hate speech, anti race, and these things i am not.

but if fear of not complying with the facts is the predominant motivation here ....

then we end up denying such trivial truths as ..... evolution.

one can be a racist in the meaning of acknowledging that some races are apparently better adapted for certain environments, and can measurably perform better in certain curcumstances.

however, it doesn't mean that an individual with enough heart can't do what an individual wants to do.

that kind of racism i can't buy into. everyone can do what it is they want to do. don't let statistics and the masses dictate who you are for you.

i am racist, because i choose not to deny truth, i do deny ignorance.

integrity is described as being compliant with the facts.
the facts are medals at the olympics have been going towards certain races in a large percentage.

sorry to whom ever it may offend. but the facts are trump on ats.

i am a racist. if you choose to have a problem with it, i defer you to reality.

thanks ats for being ats.

just words, just thoughts.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

but - remove the racism? I don't really see how - and I don't get the why - not the same way you do

[edit on 9/18/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

I agree.... i think the members are pretty good at dealing with it.
And I'd rather the racists show themselves for what they are.... and we whoop them up, than not speak at all.

As long as it's within the T&C's

[edit on 18/9/09 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
so lets make it clear.

if i call black person n word its racism , when i call group of same color people and say they did something bad or ourageous then its ... racism?

if i call zionist murderers then what is it?

i just want to see some boundries (i dont consider my self racist)
becose when you say muslim you can even mean white man who practice that religion.

if i say osrael do i need to specify that i mean goverment? (otherwise i would say jews)

You see my point?
racism has vague description and i belive that half of this board if not more could be somehow put under that description if we dont set some rules.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by reassor

I think we are all safe if we stick to criticizing and commenting on the policies and actions of people/peoples and not the people themselves.

There is a difference between discussing policies and actions and discussing the people or groups that make them. There is a far lesser chance of being seen as racist or bigoted if we all keep the focus on the problems with the policies and actions and keep the focus off the problems with the people themselves.

JMO....

[edit on 9/18/2009 by skeptic1]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hi All,

I am glad that we are discussing this, as some of our threads have been turned upside down because if it. Instead of addressing the issue, people get hung up on the things that, in the end, dont matter. As sad as it makes me, the idea of racism, or any ism for that matter is something we as a species have yet to get past.

Of course it is backed by fear and willfull ignorance. Strange as it may seem, racism does not make me angry or mad as one might think as a black woman. (* a mutt of a black woman I might add!
*) Instead I look at it as an opprtunity to deny ignorance. I am more than happy to break stereotypes and pass on understanding.

Of course there are those who will only see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear. I am ok with that also, although it does make me sad. The true heart of the matter is that we all want to be loved and accepted for who we are, no judements or conditions. It is something that seems to escape us all, although I try my best to be that kind of person.

I must admit that the racisim that I find the most mind boggling is when people of the same race are racist against each other. I experienced this as a child and as an adult. Ive been told by some black people that I "talk white" or that I am an Oreo (black on the outside & white in the middle), and my personal question mark, "your not really black".
When I was younger I thought this was only something that exclusive to black people, specifically southern black people. However, I found out that many cultures project this kind of racism.

It is ultimately a destructive coping mechanism to give the person a way to feel better about themselves. We have so much to learn as a species, but we are making progress. I am sure the key is to make the change within.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by soul of integrity

i admit to being a racist in the general definition because i believe certain races have certain characteristics that may help them in a certain environment more than that of another from a different environment. *

*bolding mine

This is the crux of the problem, right here.

There are those who believe in seperate races of humankind and there are those who, like myself, do not.

In my opinion, the mere belief is racist even though no hatred is involved. A white person who loves and is married to a yellow person can both believe that they are seperated by race even though the relationship is beautuful in both their eyes and hearts.

It's that basic belief, in my honest opinion, that is what racism is all about. It doesn't need to involve bigotry and hate at all. They're just various manifestations of that kind of thinking.

It's ideology, not biology or genetics.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by WalterRatlos
reply to post by blupblup

Here is a nice definition for you: here you go

Eh?

That was really purposeful, mature and added to the discussion greatly.
Thank you for sharing the genius humour and wisdom you clearly have.

You're welcome!
The question was: what is the "true" meaning of the N-word, was it not? The link to the definition that I provided answers that question. If you were discussing another N-word with a different meaning, I apologize. And no need to throw around insults. And yes, where I live calling an adult immature is an insult.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join