It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism is for Ignorant Fools, not ATS.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

So what dictionary states the N-word as meaning ignorant?
You know.... the "true" meaning?

Not meaning to sound rude.... just curious.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FORMe2p00p0n

Interesting Wiki link! Well worth reading.

Although...

By scrolling to the bottom you will find this:

Classification by craniofacial anthropometry does not necessarily coincide with genetic ancestry or social self-identification. For example, about one-third of so-called "White" Americans have detectable African DNA markers.[9]

And about five percent of so-called "Black" Americans have no detectable "Negroid" traits at all, neither craniofacial nor in their DNA.[10] In short, given three Americans, one who self-identifies and is socially accepted as U.S. White, another one who self-identifies and is socially accepted as U.S. Black, and one who self-identifies and is socially accepted as U.S. Hispanic, and given that they have precisely the same Afro-European mix of ancestries (one "mulatto" grandparent), there is quite literally no objective test that will identify their U.S. endogamous group membership without an interview.[11]

In practice, the application of such forensic criteria ultimately comes down to whether the skull "looks Negroid," "Caucasoid," or "Mongoloid" in the eye of each U.S. forensic practitioner.

en.wikipedia.org...

Me? I got a skull that you might recognise this way: 'Wooden Head, Wouldn't Listen'.

BB Code edit

[edit on 18/9/09 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

So what dictionary states the N-word as meaning ignorant?
You know.... the "true" meaning?

Not meaning to sound rude.... just curious.

That was the Webster definition when I was a small child/teenager.

I was taught it was that meaning as well by loving parents who abhor racism.

I went to a Junior High School where the attendance was predominantly black, in the heart of the ghetto as well, and I never had problems with my fellow black classmates.

It was always the white kids trying to push drugs, alchohol, condoms, and cigarettes on me.

Then again, I was raised Christian, so to me, racism is ignorant.

I am white.

Before I am white though, I am a human being, treat me like a human, and you will receive like kind treatment.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
That was the Webster definition when I was a small child/teenager.

I was taught it was that meaning as well by loving parents who abhor racism.

I went to a Junior High School where the attendance was predominantly black, in the heart of the ghetto as well, and I never had problems with my fellow black classmates.

It was always the white kids trying to push drugs, alcholo, and cigarettes on me.

Then again, I was raised Christian, so to me, racism is ignorant.

Not sure why it would have been that.
Strange..

But yeah.... i wasn't suggesting you were racist, so didn't need your history.
Just enquiring more about the definition of the "true" meaning, which i haven't heard of before?

Cheers

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Bravo! It was about time that you stepped in and clarified things for all those of us [there is no us!] who post racist remarks all in the name of free speech. Let me tell you something about free speech: free speech does not include hate speech -at least not in civilized countries like those of Europe.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

No problem.

I did not think you thought I was racist, I took what you said as meant, asking for clarification.

I see other people, as people, their actions define who they are to me, not what color skin they have.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

To quote Martin Luther King Jr., I don't judge people on the color of thier skin but on the content of their character.

Who cares how much melanin one has?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Here is a nice definition for you: here you go Hope this clarifies it for you.
2nd line

[edit on 18-9-2009 by WalterRatlos]

[edit on 18-9-2009 by WalterRatlos]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalterRatlos

Here is a nice definition for you: here you go

Eh?

That was really purposeful, mature and added to the discussion greatly.
Thank you for sharing the genius humour and wisdom you clearly have.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

That was interesting, we spent some time on this on another forum and found many cool facts, like Native American head shape has an identifying marker, but I don't remember what it was,

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

The problem with that word is that, despite its defined meaning, it takes on an entirely different meaning in the real world. If the word "yard" suddenly became a racist slur, despite the fact that its defined meaning is not racist, it would instantly become racist, moderated on forums, banned from TV, etc. Flipping the game board over, you'd be surprised what words are allowed and not allowed on television in other countries around the world. It really puts into perspective the "sticks and stones" saying.

If the culture says the "N word" is racist and offends most people, then it becomes racist and, whether you believe it to be or not, you should be careful when using it.

Of course.

Thank you for the post regarding my post.

I do not use it, but was using it for the purpose of my post here.

I have spoken to people of many races, of many nations, have walked on a different continent (Australia), so I see myself as a world traveler, and do not condone the actions of other ignorant fools.

I speak to people on the level they are comfortable speaking to me on, trying to make sure that they and I can come to some sort of agreement, which is not always easy to say the least.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

To quote Martin Luther King Jr., I don't judge people on the color of thier skin but on the content of their character.

Who cares how much melanin one has?

I do not believe for a second that we have that many racist on this forum,

Cultural differences maybe,

but color of skin?

People are not that shallow any more, or am I just an idealist,

Obama himself says it,

Obama says opposition not racist

Barack Obama does not believe that recent criticism of his administration's policies by conservatives is based on racism, the White House has said.

Robert Gibbs, the White House press spokesman, made the comments on Wednesday after former US president Jimmy Carter claimed that anti-Obama demonstrations were fuelled by racist sentiment.

"The president does not believe that the criticism comes based on the colour of his skin," Gibbs said.

"We understand that people have disagreements with some of the decisions that we've made and some of the extraordinary actions that had to be undertaken by this administration" amid the US financial crisis and economic recession, he added.

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Thank you so much for this! I have been trying to make this point for a while now, and I am so happy to see the site put a stop to it! You cannot see me, but I am giving you a standing ovation.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Racism is actually just the tip of the iceberg. People find all kinds of reasons not to like eachother. What do you call it when you dont like dumb people, or smart people, or good looking people or ugly people?

I dont even want to get into all that, but it should be apparent to all that we do not treat every person equally. You only have to watch someone handicapped and see how they are treated. They are tolerated and accepted, but nobodys real friend or partner in life (with perhaps a few exceptions as for every rule)

So there is a deeper thing involved here I think. But Im not wise enough to fully understand the reasons for it.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BLUE ARMS
Mod EDIT of crass post

What are you talking about?

So you enjoy reading racist posts and the subtle racists constantly spouting their slightly-less-obvious BS racist agenda?

Or....what is your point?

[edit on 18/9/09 by blupblup]

[edit on 18 Sep 09 by Gools]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think Congressmen Ron Paul said it best .............

"It is the federal government more than anything else that divides us along race, class, religion, and gender lines. Government, through its taxes, restrictive regulations, corporate subsidies, racial set-asides, and welfare programs, plays far too large a role in determining who succeeds and who fails in our society. This government "benevolence" crowds out genuine goodwill between men by institutionalizing group thinking, thus making each group suspicious that others are receiving more of the government loot. This leads to resentment and hostility between us.

Politicians argue that stringent federal laws are needed to combat racism, even as they advocate incredibly divisive collectivist policies.

Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans strictly as members of groups rather than individuals. Racists believe that all individuals who share superficial physical characteristics are alike: as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called "diversity" actually perpetuate racism. Their obsession with racial group identity is inherently racist.

The true antidote to racism is liberty. Liberty means having a limited, constitutional government devoted to the protection of individual rights rather than group claims. Liberty means free-market capitalism, which rewards individual achievement and competence, not skin color, gender, or ethnicity.

More importantly, in a free society every citizen gains a sense of himself as an individual, rather than developing a group or victim mentality. This leads to a sense of individual responsibility and personal pride, making skin color irrelevant. Rather than looking to government to correct our sins, we should understand that racism will endure until we stop thinking in terms of groups and begin thinking in terms of individual liberty."

-Ron Paul

Actions and deeds define character, complexion and origin do not. Which is why the old saying goes....

"By their Deeds, you shall know them"

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

That's a good one aravoth, TY, much to contemplate.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
In some small way is it not racist to look down upon and alienate people who are racists? Is that not what racism is all about? Just because they have different beliefs and values doesn't mean they should be singled out. That being said, I don't apply this type of thinking when hearing racist comments because of my beliefs and values. I bash racists just as much as anyone else. But unlike racists, at least I can admit when I'm wrong.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join