It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much for a can of Coke ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
How much does a can of Coke cost ?

Lets say if your buying in bulk ? Wholesale ?

Maybe a few pence in England or a few Cents in the USA

Well the taxpayer is being charged $45 for a 30 can case to supply troops in Afghanistan and Iraq.

US Senators Charles E. Schumer and Richard Durbin and Congressman Henry Waxman today revealed shocking examples of jaw-dropping price gouging and extraordinary waste by Halliburton and its subsidiaries that have put our men and women in uniform at risk and cost Americans billions in misspent tax dollars. Pointing to Halliburton's equivalents of the famed "$600 toilet seats", including $45 dollar cases of coke and "$85,000 oil filters". Based on these reports Schumer, Durbin and Waxman called for a full investigation by the GAO into every Halliburton contract and requisition.

Charles E Schumers Website

A New Film "Iraq for Sale" exposes even more at the taxpayers expense

Full film available here

Hey, its just business....

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilTwin666

Awesome post.
Will watch that docu for sure.

War is a racket!

s/f

[edit on 18-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilTwin666
How much does a can of Coke cost ?

Lets say if your buying in bulk ? Wholesale ?

Maybe a few pence in England or a few Cents in the USA

Well the taxpayer is being charged $45 for a 30 can case to supply troops in Afghanistan and Iraq.

A genuine question for you EvilTwin666,

How much do you think it would cost you to post a SINGLE can of Coke to Afghanistan???

Having an Ebay Store, I can tell you that postage even within the UK is ridiculously expensive, let alone shipping to THE most dangerous country on Earth.

Given the fact that liquid is VERY heavy and Petrol/Fuel is also top dollar $$ I think $45 delivery for 30 cans is pretty cheap.

By the way, a can of Coke in the UK is approx £0.65p ($1.07 per can)

Therfore 30 x $1.07 = $32.10

$32.10 - $45 = $12.90

So by UK rates, 30 cans delivered to Afghanistan costs a WHOPPING

$12.90

or

£7.82

Simply Peanuts, I can hardly send a small packet within the UK for £7.82.

Peace,

BLUE ARMS.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by BLUE ARMS]

[edit on 18-9-2009 by BLUE ARMS]

Mod Edit: Modified code link for easier viewing.

[edit on 9/18/2009 by maria_stardust]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BLUE ARMS

You're joking right?
Do you realize that Coca-Cola has plants in almost every country around the globe?
In fact, wouldn't you know it, Coca-Cola has a plant IN IRAQ.

A quick Google search would have shown you these facts.

Coca-Cola to open Iraq plant (2005)
www.iraqdirectory.com...

**Edit to add...

here I captured the clip of where they discuss the expensive Coke and where it comes from.

(click to open player in new window)

[edit on 18-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

You're joking right?
Do you realize that Coca-Cola has plants in almost every country around the globe?
In fact, wouldn't you know it, Coca-Cola has a plant IN IRAQ.

A quick Google search would have shown you these facts.

After operating in Iraq intermittently in the 1970s, Coca-Cola shut down its operations at the start of the Iran-Iraq war in 1980, the official said.

Coke's rival PepsiCo returned to Iraq in January 2004 after a 14-year absence mandated by international trade sanctions against Iraq after it invaded Kuwait. PepsiCo first entered the Iraqi market in 1950.

www.iraqdirectory.com...

I know, but the water tastes "funny",

Trust me, it's worth the £7.82 delivery costs!

;o)

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Gotto pay shipping, security of military plane, transport to bases.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I used to manage a bar and a can tell you a can of coke can be purchased for about 10-15 pence in the UK.

Were not talking ebay trader p+p but large bulk so $45 per case is 3 times the normal price.

plus taking into consideration all other products exported then profits will be in the millions maybe billions at the tax payers expense.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by EvilTwin666]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Gotto pay shipping, security of military plane, transport to bases.

Totally,

If EvilTwin666 can ship it there any cheaper, I will ask him to start shipping all my eBay stuff,

EvilTwinCouriers666

;o)

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I used to manage a bar and a can tell you a can of coke can be purchased for about 10-15 pence in the UK.

Were not talking ebay trader p+p but large bulk so $45 per case is 3 times the normal price.

plus taking into consideration all other products exported then profits will be in the millions maybe billions at the tax payers expense.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by EvilTwin666]

Ok by the same account, my mate owns a Chicken farm, he produces a million Chicken "drum sticks" every year.

Two chicken legs, wrapped in cling film, and a polystyrene tray with printed price label cost him, 2 pence, about 3 cents.

Tesco sells his product for £0.96p

Now there is profit for you!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I didn't make the film, why don't you watch it first.

Coke is just the beginning, you will be spewing by the end, its your cash their spending.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Good video, thanks for posting.

When people mention the cost's of the Iraq-Afghani wars my first thought is who is getting this money?

According to costofwar.com we have spent over 910 billion so far.

Someone is getting paid big time!

Looks like Halliburton is one of the ones getting rich off the blood of our soldiers.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Maybe this is to get people to wake and STOP drinking coke in the first place.

Its pure acid and syrup. Who actually enjoys poisoning their precious bodies?

I gave that up longgg ago, as soon as I realized what it actually does. Do a little research, and then THANK them for raising the prices and saving a few lives.

- Mea

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
As fun as all this math is I was under the impression that Coke A Cola was a world wide company. Is it really so hard to buy Coke made in India?

It begs the question WTF!?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Veritas Lux Mea

I see you have switched from COKE TO KOOL AID. Neither one is very good for you.

Star and flag on the video. Dick Cheney's proteges doing what they do best. SCREWING AMERICA. It is all about money with Republicans. Afghanistan is not about saving anyone from terrorists, it is about securing the territory for an oil pipeline. Anyone want to guess who is going to make billions on that contract?

If the government wanted to protect Americans from terrorists, they would secure our borders and inspect EVERY container coming into American ports. As it is now I do not believe that they even inspect one out of twenty containers on the massive container transports that ship goods to our ports.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
We can beat that in the UK. The taxpayer was charged £45,000 to move 11 lights from one side of the building to the other when they were building the millenium dome!

I have done work for the people that make coke in the uk and they told me that the can alone costs 3 pence to make and the filling was a bit less. Diet drink however is much cheaper to make.

It is still miles away from $1.50 per can though ! Does the charged price include delivery?

[edit on 18/9/2009 by LightFantastic]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
A can of coke in Perth, Western Australia from a deli cosys around $AUD1.50 and a servo costs $AUD2.50.

A supermarket costs around $AUD1.10

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This among other forms of profiteering is one of the principle reasons wars are waged in the first place and it is seriously pathetic to hear anyone talk about wars as being to liberate anyone or to defend freedoms.

Edit:
Here is one of the worst examples of profiteering from the Iraq war

Bloomberg: Pentagon payes almost 1 million dollars to ship two 19 cent washers to Iraq.

Aug. 16 (Bloomberg) -- A small South Carolina parts supplier collected about $20.5 million over six years from the Pentagon for fraudulent shipping costs, including $998,798 for sending two 19-cent washers to an Army base in Texas, U.S. officials said. The company also billed and was paid $455,009 to ship three machine screws costing $1.31 each to Marines in Habbaniyah, Iraq, and $293,451 to ship an 89-cent split washer to Patrick Air Force Base in Cape Canaveral, Florida, Pentagon records show.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Beefcake]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by Veritas Lux Mea

I see you have switched from COKE TO KOOL AID. Neither one is very good for you.

No, I have not.

I drink water or organic beverages..

Thank you for your concern over my wellbeing,

- Mea

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice that the date at the top of the story is from june 17th, 2004? No doubt this is disturbing, but it is 5 year old news.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I didn't make the film, why don't you watch it first.

Coke is just the beginning, you will be spewing by the end, its your cash their spending.

LOL..

It's NOT my ca$h,

I'm on State Benefits (Welfare)

So, it's YOUR Ca$h..!!!

LOL Hahaha

Surely this doesn't get any better.?!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join