It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Russia give the OK for war?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Did President Obama abandon the European missile shield in a concession for the OK from Russia for Iseral to attack Iran? I heard a theory last night on a radio show sometimes listen to. The host stated that there is more then meets the eye to the abandonment of the European miss shield. He pointed out that there are two scenerios.

1. President Obama dropped the missile shield to lighten tensions between America and Russia

2. President Obama dropped the missile shield in a concession for the go ahead on an Iranian attack from Isreal with America support.

Look at the timeline:

-Iran continues uranium enrichment program
Nuke agency says Iran can make bomb

-Isreals leader makes secret trip to Russia (possibly discuss attack)`
Israel PM made secret Russia trip over Iran: report

-Russia condems plans of attack, initially on board with sanctions
Medvedev says Russia does not rule out sanctions on Iran
Russian FM says no new sanctions on Iran

-Israeli insiders claim attack is imminent
Iran attack: Israel ex-minister sees end-year deadline

-Russian does U-turn on sanction stance
Russian President hints at U-turn over Iran sanctions

-IAEA declares Iran has nuclear weapon capability
IAEA document 'says Iran can make bomb'

-President Obama announces end of European missile shield
Obama overturns Bush-era plan for missile shield in Eastern Europe

-Russia now wants more concessions for supposed support of sanctions
Putin Seeks Trade Concessions After U.S. Missile Move

So, it is possible that the abandonment of the missile shield was for Russia to support strict sanctions, but with all of the strong rhetoric coming from Isreal, is it possible that we are "buying" a Russian standdown if it comes to war?

-E-

[edit on 18-9-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I suppose this could be possible. My understanding is our missile "shield" was pretty lame and couldn't hit anything out of the sky let alone a missile. I remember reading a lot about how it continually failed the tests the Government put it through.

I doubt Russia was really all that afraid of it. More likely they just didn't want the US to think they could do something like that and get away with it. We probably wouldn't want Cuba to have a missile shield or anything either, you know?

My thoughts are Israel is going to do whatever it wants regardless of what the rest of the World thinks. It does what it wants without caring what people think anyway so I don't see why they would think any different about this one.

They'll attack Iran who has done nothing, then Iran will retaliate, and once again America will be in a war that nobody wanted and Americans will be dying for no reason.

That's my take.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
its possible ... I like it

well, lets hope it doesnt happen ... otherwise they will have to create another 911 ... and this time, they will do it right ... they will kill a lot of people

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983

That was my impression also, I think it was more of a thorn in the side of Russia then a quality shield. This fact that Russia now wants more concessions leads me to think that there is more on the bargining table then sanctions.

-E-

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

... is it possible that we are "buying" a Russian standdown if it comes to war?

A very plausible theory IMO.

The rhetoric is definitely being ratcheted up on both "sides".

[edit on 18 Sep 09 by Gools]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I know this is from Sorcha Faal who is always doom and gloom but this gives us another view on the matter.

It's an interesting read even though it's most probably not accurate at all.

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Thats some pretty far out stuff (even for ATS!) I liked the picture of Obama and Putin hugging! Some serious photoshopping there!

-E-

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE

Thats some pretty far out stuff (even for ATS!) I liked the picture of Obama and Putin hugging! Some serious photoshopping there!

-E-

lol I know right!

Her articles are usually pretty crazy but they are interesting. There almost believable to a certain exact because you know we don't hear anything close to the real story behind events but then again it sounds so crazy there is no way it could be true.

lol but who knows. Different perspective never hurts.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I wouldn't be suprised if Georgian president Shaakasvili is seen eating his tie again. US and Israel gets a green light to take Iran (and control middle-east). Russia gets green light to take Georgia (and controls Caucasus).

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Sounds like quid pro quo to me... just another lie on Obama's resume.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I think what the poster presents is a very plausible explanation for what is going on, but i fear that a war with Iran is a very dangerous situation for the u.s to get involved in. Ahmadinejad is a devout muslim, waiting impatiently for the return of his imam, and it is believed that chaos in the world, the muslim world specifically, will speed the return of the imam. And if israel is on the losing end, which is very possible, we will lose our only real ally in the middle east. I have been told, please excuse the lack of reference, but I have been told that Israel has a top secret plan refered to as "The Samson Option." If you are not familiar with the story of Samson from the old testament, I will explain. Samson was a nazerite, and therefore did not cut his hair. Not cutting his hair was a sign of his covenant with God, and in return, God gave him great strength. To make a long story short, Samson got a little too close to his desires (jezebel), and let his enemy find his weakness. By cutting his hair, they made him weak enough to be captured. But when he was in the captivity of his enemies, he prayed to God for strength one last time, and upon receiving that strength from God, he used it to pull the two pillars he was chanied to down, causing the roof of the temple both he and his enemies were in to collapse, and killing everyone, even himself. In short, the "Samson Option" is a type of m.a.d.(mutually assured destruction) doctrine, but knowing israel, they will quickly destroy themselves if they feel it is the only way to defeat their enemies.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Just to clear up an misunderstandings about the source, from the source.

[Ed. Note: Western governments and their intelligence services actively campaign against the information found in these reports so as not to alarm their citizens about the many catastrophic Earth changes and events to come, a stance that the Sisters of Sorcha Faal strongly disagrees with in believing that it is every human beings right to know the truth. Due to our missions conflicts with that of those governments, the responses of their ‘agents’ against us has been a longstanding misinformation/misdirection campaign designed to discredit and which is addressed in the report "Who Is Sorcha Faal?". ]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by d1g1talgangster

I agree, an Israeli war with Iran would be terrible. Surely America would be dragged in either directly, or another method of support. It this theory is correct you can expect an even larger roll.

-E-

[edit on 18-9-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Adding Chavez into the mix with ties to Iran and Russia, I have to wonder how much Chavez will retaliate in how many ways.

topics.edition.cnn.com...

edition.cnn.com...

edition.cnn.com...

Seems to me that Russia plans on making money off of this possible war.

I'd heard mention about Chavez likely selling nuclear material to Iran yesterday and sometrhing to the effect him saying it wouldn't be a violation.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
MysterE.........You could be way off here. I was just talking to a friend of mine who has an ear to the ground in Israel.
My point of view is this;

Remember the Russian Ship that was ' High-Jacked ' a couple weeks back?
Well it was reported to be carrying the S300 deadly SAMS or surface to air missile that are very accurate and can shoot down just about any plane flying now days,( including the F22& F34) They were on their way to Iran to be delivered. Had delivery taken place at that time, Israel would have had no option but to hit Iran hard. There would be war now if this delivery had taken place.

I think The Israeli Prime minister went to Meet Putin and other in Russia and told them exactly what he was going to do if they tried to deliver the missiles again.

You must understand that when Israel hits Iran, The U.S. economy will finish collapsing so if you are right and Mr O gave the go ahead for Israel then he gave the order to deal the death blow to the U.S. Economy.

I hope you are wrong but if you are right then be prepared...........KMG

[edit on 18-9-2009 by kissmygrits]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It seems as though Iran wants to develop Nuclear power plants rather than Nuclear bombs and Israel (who is basically U.S. property or the other way around) is scared #less.
Iran is also clearly in bed with Russia, so the standdown between U.S. and Russia seems to be a good sign for things to come.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Mr Brightside]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kissmygrits

The only part of your post I disagree with is the part about economic collapse. I hate to say it but war is good for business, didn't WW2 basically bring America out of the great depression?

-E-

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

I know she's a scam, I was just listing it for a different point of view. I find it interesting to see what she says about stuff thats going on. I know she's a scam and didn't mean for anyone to take it literally, sorry if I gave that impression. I know shes kinda crazy.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kissmygrits

This sounds pretty plausible given the mysterious circumstances surrounding that ship.

There have to be factions within the elite that are salivating at the thought of an outright war which could result in the acquisition of actual real estate (Iran) and the copious amounts of oil it would provide.

Being that the Russians have a large business interest in Iran they would certainly need compensation for their "troubles" if a war were to break out.

If Iran is attacked, I can see another consequence where the conflicts in Iran and next door in the 'stan and Pakistan will boil over into each other.

The urge of the elites to just keep rollin' from country to country, while they have the troops in place, to concentrate all the oil resources under one power structure will be overwhelming. They can escalate via false flag all over the gulf if desired/needed.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by merkaba93]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join