It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama:Legalize illegals to get them health care

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by celticdragon23

Just so you know, that is a requirement already..

[edit on 18-9-2009 by spaniar]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Your property boundaries count for nothing.

Too true- I have had a situation here where I was outside tending my tomato plant- I looked up because I heard a bunch of kids making noise all of a sudden, and here's this bunch of little Mexican kids INVADING my neighbor's house! Not inside, but as they weren't home- these kids were swarming the porch, giving the cats fits ( I never saw so many frightened cats before)- and the mothers just STANDING there. I went over and ran them off.

Next day, wash, rinse, repeat.

NEXT day- I made sure I was right beside their house (I told my neighbors what was going on), and when the invasion started, I stepped right out and just STARED. I got dirty looks from the mommies- and as they waddled back up the road, I followed at a very good distance (100 yards), not saying a word. I stopped when I got to the corner of my yard. There hasn't been a problem like that since. I wasn't going to do anything but intimidate, because they understand that.

I am going to add this: Me and a friend went to the local china buffet. We order drinks, we go get food. I come back, my friend is standing there staring at the table funny. I cant see what she's staring at til I get there:

A Mexican kid. Sitting AT our table. Using MY silverware (a capital offense, in my book!). Grinning for all he was worth. I stood there, and gave him a look that woulda sent any normal, thinking person away. He's still grinning. Finally:

"Get. Out. Of. My. Chair." And I snarled. Kid finally gets the message. I had to get new silverware AND a new drink. I did my very best not to go to where his mother or grandmother was sitting and give them enough pieces of my mind, I'd need a reload.

A lot of these illegals don't give a flying rat's butt about YOUR private property. That should be an indicator how they got here in the first place- 'poverty and everything else' be danged. if they stood up and did this in their own country, they'd still HAVE one. It wouldn't be run by the corrupt and the drug lords.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPIE DUDE

Joe Wilson put Obama in a box. "You lie."
White House forced to exclude illegal aliens.
This is just another "trial balloon" that will fail.
Obama IS suggesting amnesty.
Remember that ram through attempt by McCain and Kennedy?
Overwhelming opposition!!!

I can hear the air coming out of this balloon already!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by spaniar

If that happens, then they won't get away with out paying insurance and emergency rooms right?

Wrong!

Both HR 3200 and the Baucus bill provide for "subsidies" (i.e., our money) for people below a certain income level to get insurance that everyone else has to pay for. The subsidy will be funded, in part, by taxes on insurance policies (i.e., higher premiums) that provide the best coverage/benefits.

So, not only will they NOT pay for ER and insurance, YOU WILL!

How's that for "reform"?

jw

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by serph

Wow. Your powers of reason are amazing!

First, "amnesty" IS legalizing them! What do you think amnesty means?

Amnesty = will not prosecute/deport.

and the problem with legalizing illegals is? Am I missing something? Let's see they will be required to have health care under this proposal and oh crap, they'll have to pay taxes. Dag gone it! Now we couldn't have that now could we? We can't tap into a new income base when deficits are sky rocketing and tax reciepts are cratering can we? No one would ever think of ever doing that.

Most working illegals are on a payroll. They've used fake or stolen SSI numbers. They are being taxed already.

Many work in the "underground economy." They will NEVER be taxed.

The stay-at-home moms and children will not contribute to the tax base.

Even if "they will be required to have health care (insurance?)", they will not have to pay for it. Most of the non-working and the low-income insureds' premiums will be paid for by subsidies funded by taxes on everyone else's insurance policies, employers and insurers. In other words, us.

Why don't you pick an immigrant family, and buy them an insurance policy?

You will anyway soon enough.

jw

[edit on 18-9-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Pres Obama- Illegals will not be covered under this plan

Sen Wilson- YOU LIE!!!

Pres Obama- NUH UH.

Sen Wilson- You're right I'm sorry

Pres Obama- No problem, give me a fist bump.

Congress- Wilson your in trouble

Sen Wilson- Sorry

A few days later....................

Pres Obama- All illegals will now become legal so that they may partake in my awesome health care. See Wilson told you you was wrong, all those illegals you thought I was going to cover just became citizens.

To be continued.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPIE DUDE
Ha, who didn't see this coming ?

President Obama said this week that his health care plan won't cover illegal immigrants, but argued that's all the more reason to legalize them and ensure they eventually do get coverage.

washingtontimes.com...

i almost just vomited...
but then, who didn't see this coming?

easiest way to overcome the illegal immigrant problem is amnesty...ridiculous.

i'm just glad that it won't turn into an "NAU" solution for the illegal problem...i'd rather amnesty than NAU. $.02

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I received an email from a friend the other day. Here's a section of it:

Franklin Roosevelt introduced the Social Security (FICA) Program. He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be completely voluntary.

2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1,400 of their annual incomes into the Program,

3.) That the money the participants elected to put into the Program would be deductible from their income for tax purposes each year,

4.) That the money the participants put into the Independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the General Operating Fund, and therefore, would only be used to fund the Social Security Retirement Program, and no other government program, and,

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income.

To date, all of those promises have been broken. Is there anyone on ATS who honestly believes that any promise we are given today about "Health Care Reform" will not be broken at some time in the future? They may make compromises to pass some legislation, but it's just to get the foot in the door, so to speak. Once the precident has been set, "Health Care Reform" will be much worse than we can imagine now. That's my opinion, anyway.

I remember reading that when a federal income tax was being debated in congress, one congressman opposed it because he feared that the maximum tax rate could go as high as 3.5%! Today, that nightmare would be just a pleasent dream.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

We just need the illegal aliens to go back to Mexico.
How do we do that?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

We SHUT DOWN THE BORDER!
A handful of years ago illegal immigration was a HUGE issue in this country, Bush was promising to get it all sorted out, yadda yadda....but apparently it was FAR too expensive for them to actually REALLY make the border secure.
Meanwhile, we are dumping hundreds of billions into ongoing occupations, trillions to the banksters....

And illegal immigration is STILL a huge problem. I take serious issue with Obama's suggeston of amnesty for illegals, it's a bunch of TOTAL BS!!!!!
We already have an insane number of lower income people who can't find(or flat out don't want) jobs and are relying on us, the ever-reliable taxpayers, to pay their way for everything.

How many handouts before it is ENOUGH??? There is no reasonable and logical explanation for WHY illegals should be allowed to come in without knowing a DAMN thing about our society(or even how to speak English) and without going through the proper channels, i.e. naturalization. Wait, what's that you say? OHHH, cheap labor and drug trafficking, I FORGOT!

If Obama tries to push this one, a LOT of people are going to be up in arms.
Stop wasting money on war and propping up the "too big to fail" banks, start investing it in the FUTURE of America right here at home. Take a little tiny sliver of the trillions being wasted and FIGURE IT OUT!!!

It's pretty bad when Texas has to bust out the Rangers and National Guard because things are getting so hairy on the border.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Yeah who do these illegals think they are? They disgust me, they come here and do all the crap jobs we refuse to do, and for pennies on the dollar. Now we are supposed to look after them? These immigrant slaves need to quit their bitching and do what they're good for.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

If it's not amnesty, what is it...oh i know, the path to citizenship right? Come on, he will make them all legal and allow them to bring their relatives over as well which makes it 65 million additional new citizens.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by spaniar

They are illegal because they can't afford the ridiculus expense process to get legalize before they come here, besides, not everybody in latin america can apply for legalization to the US, the riquirements to obtain a visa are, have lots o money in the bank, have properties, education and speak fluent English.

The only people who can really apply for a visa are the ones that already have legal family members here, or professionals who come here not to work on McDonalds or Burger King, but hight professional jobs.

Why is this so wrong? Our social programs and lower end jobs should be reserved for our own poor not every other countries exported social detritus.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I concur..why would obama care about the illegals,unless he himself was/is one? aka..his birth certificate theory being fake..Barry. A presidents job is to take care of his citizens first, then the illegals. i do indeed wonder.... then again, obama and his involvements with ACORN being exposed recetly and their laundering and prostitution rings...i dunno, i find it hard to trust a president with tight connections like that, to ACORN..
lies, all lies..typical american politics.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
He's precisely, the lying SOB we were warned about before he was elected.

This country is on life support, and he's pulling IV lines out left and right.

Whatever.

The sooner we start over, the better things will be.

Because this clearly isn't working as it is, and our Constitution is absolutely being trashed and ignored.

May this end quickly.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
That quote seems to lend itself to amnesty. Look up "necessity","comprehensive" and "resolving" in the dictionary.

Your comment that Obama's statement "seems to lend itself" to amnesty?? What does that even mean? He either said it or he didn't. And in this case, he didn't. Nor did he imply it. The stuff you ADDED to the statement's meaning is what you're dealing with. He didn't do that. You did.

He said that this debate about illegals and healthcare reform shows us that we need comprehensive immigration reform (meaning what we're doing now isn't working). We need to resolve this issue of 12 million illegal immigrants living in this country.

He doesn't say HOW we should resolve it. He doesn't say that we should make them legal. Nor does he say we should kick them out. But to assume that he means one or the other is just an assumption on your part.

I don't have to look up those words. I'm not the one who doesn't understand what he said.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The currency will soon crash. This will negatively impact North America. The NAU steps in. Canadiens, Mexicans , and Americans all will become instant citizens of each others contries.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
He doesn't say HOW we should resolve it. He doesn't say that we should make them legal. Nor does he say we should kick them out. But to assume that he means one or the other is just an assumption on your part.

The president doesn't need to say a lot, that is the problem, when he does, someone will always put spin on it, either in context or out, whichever suits the political objectives.

The current incarnation of health care reform, while the language prohibits the coverage of illegals, the enforcement mechanisms have been specifically removed, meaning that they (illegals) can indeed exploit the health care system illegally without fear of any "enforcement"

There have been fights over the enforcement issue and there will be more as this heats up, in the end there hopefully will be a version that fits within the boundaries of the constitution and satisfies the people.

Health care reform and immigration issues need to be kept separate, mixing these poisons will prove fatal for a lot of politicians.

Then again, maybe that is a good thing?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join