It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama:Legalize illegals to get them health care

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Ha, who didn't see this coming ?

President Obama said this week that his health care plan won't cover illegal immigrants, but argued that's all the more reason to legalize them and ensure they eventually do get coverage.

washingtontimes.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
And with a wave of his magic wand the "lie" becomes truth.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
So he won't give 40 million Americans healthcare but he will give illegal immigrants healthcare? What a dummy.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPIE DUDE

If that happens, then they won't get away with out paying insurance and emergency rooms right? Wasn't that what so many people complaint about?

They will have to get insurance like everybody else and pay bills after been seeing in and Emergency Room. Its better than have them use lots of programs with out paying a cent.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

You won't give anything that they don't have already, the only difference is that they will become legal and will have to pay like everybody else.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Saw this coming since Barry's inauguration. We tried this move quite a few years ago, and it does not solve anything. It's only a bandaid with a smilie face over a bullet wound.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
wow. talk about putting spin on something.

Obama stated that his plan does not provide for illegal immigrants. He stated that it only covers citizens and legal immigrants. He stated that the 12 million, or so, illegal immigrants would not be able to gain access to insurance. He stated that it makes sense to deal with the illegal immigrant issue as those 12 million are still a burden on the system and, by legalizing them, they'd be able to get insurance.

He didn't suggest any amnesty, he didn't state that he plans on legalizing them.

He merely stated that this is yet another reason why we must deal with the illegal immigrant issue.

It's almost as if our politicians are all speaking their own language.

Politician one says "I want to ensure that all people are entitled to the tax breaks
Politician two, in response to politician one says "Orange"

The sound you hear is the last, fading beats of the heart of our dying political system.

I

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Why wouldn't he legalize them ,, that much more he gets from taxes

The government did the same thing when they freed the slaves

One of them brainstormed "We are only getting taxes from the whites, make the blacks think they are free and we can triple our income"
Now all americans are slaves to us(government)

The government is only thinking of their bottom line like any other business

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The devil is indeed in the details. I have to agree that many saw this coming simply based on the rhetoric of his speeches to his highly targeted audiences. He as been very loose on immigration reform since day one.

This little step will ensure that we will never have enough money to cover this ridiculous plan. Pelosi is worried about violence for a very good reason. I can hear the sound of the pitchfork tines on the grinder as we speak.

We are in for it if this is not stopped.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
That's a politician for you.

He can kill two birds with one stone. No more illegals and everyone is covered by socialized medicine.

Doesn't everyone feel better.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
So why are these immigrants illegal in the first place? Do they not qualify through regular channels? Do they not even try entry through legal means? To many road blocks the conventional way?

I am just curious. If they are not eligible then this would mean changing immigration laws would it not?

Or is this just a sweeping political statement that really does not mean anything?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Ok, I have said this before, and I will say it again.

We do not have to do ANYTHING different for illegals to have health care.

Why?

They ALREADY HAVE IT!

YOU...... I ...... WE ..... already cover illegals in this country. They get coverage through our taxes.

ROFL the freaking joke is on those of you who go "boo hoo" this health care plan will cover illegals.

I am sure no one here
ing on health reform will care one wit about what I just said either. You just need something to complain about it seems.

Personally, I think if you want to complain about something, you should find something that is a real issue and not mute. This one is MUTE as illegals are already covered.

HARM NONE
PEACE

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave
So why are these immigrants illegal in the first place? Do they not qualify through regular channels? Do they not even try entry through legal means? To many road blocks the conventional way?

I am just curious. If they are not eligible then this would mean changing immigration laws would it not?

Or is this just a sweeping political statement that really does not mean anything?

There are legal channels for anyone to become a legal citizen in this country. People do it everyday. My neighbor teaches English as a second language to these people from all around the world.

The process takes time and actual effort plus a true desire to assimilate into our culture. That is what my Eastern European ancestors did in the late 1800's.

The illegal border jumpers don't want to be bothered by the system and have no desire in becoming citizens. They get everything they need from the govt. anyway so, why bother? For them is easy just to keep their status illegal. Our swiss cheese system ensures that. Unless someone lays down the law and enforces the law nothing will change.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
and the problem with legalizing illegals is? Am I missing something? Let's see they will be required to have health care under this proposal and oh crap, they'll have to pay taxes. Dag gone it! Now we couldn't have that now could we? We can't tap into a new income base when deficits are sky rocketing and tax reciepts are cratering can we? No one would ever think of ever doing that.

And I do have to side with Crakeur here. He never said he was doing a mass legalization of anyone.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
These immigrants aren't illegal, Most of them are Latin Americans, who have been on the Western Landmass for thousands of years longer than Asians and Europeans and Africans. What hell right do we even have in calling them illegal immigrants?

They were the original settlers before the white man forced the idea of the artificial border onto them.

Besides it's convenient for greasy molesters and toadish slave masters to call people illegal immigrants so it's easier to threaten to out them as illegal immigrants and have them sent back to their native countries by immigration police if they blab on them.

Illegality is an racket.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by serph

How exactly does signing a piece of paper that changes their status from Illegal to Legal suddenly force them to do anything they are or aren't already doing?

The IRS will needs its enforcers all the same to make sure they are getting that new income, but first the government will need the names, locations living arrangements... etc of all these people. I suppose they'll just line up to be abused by the IRS like the rest of America?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
you know they get free health care now?if we're not going to kick them out we might as well legalize them and charge them taxes and for medical care.Come to think of it,if they didn't get everything free maybe they wouldn't be so eager to come here.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave

They are illegal because they can't afford the ridiculus expense process to get legalize before they come here, besides, not everybody in latin america can apply for legalization to the US, the riquirements to obtain a visa are, have lots o money in the bank, have properties, education and speak fluent English.

Do you think a guy who work here picking up apples and getting a minimum wage, will have all the money to apply for a Visa? When they came here because they don't even have the money to own a house.

The only people who can really apply for a visa are the ones that already have legal family members here, or professionals who come here not to work on McDonalds or Burger King, but hight professional jobs.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Too bad on here, I have to make a 2 line down payment...

I smell burning pants....

[edit on 18-9-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I think the reason he (an all other politicians) want to legalize the illegals is so they can claim the million dollar bond money.
NEWSFLASH!!! Illegal aliens will never pay even close to the bond in taxes neither will their children.

Think about it. If they were law abiding then they would not be here illegally.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join