It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this _jJ5HKy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
For the past two days when I go to ATS from my search engine I get a white page with _jJ5HKy at the upper left corner of the page.

Nothing else on the page, just those letters and numbers.

I quickly got out of there and went into ATS another way and all was OK.

I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen and if it has something to do with ATS or could be a personal attack from another source.

If it is a personal attack I can and will take care of it.

Also it looks like it might be written in Comic San and not the normal Verdana.

My system also informed me that it found and destroyed a Trojan program yesterday. Been years since i had a trojan program.

Just curious about what this could be.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Starting last night while I was here .... my computer tried to run Java Script, ... which couldn't because i have an outdated version, ... after I used my task manager to turn ATS off, ... I was informed I had a Trojan as well, .... I tried to destroy it but it didnt work, .. I just have a question ...

What The [SNIP] ???

I wasn't on any other site yesterday, ... so I'm sure I either got it from ATS or one of the members here, .... can someone look into this please ???

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by sanctum]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Even now I am getting more popups, ... the last one tried to look like a windows reminder .... it said I need to download a new Font to view this website..... which took me to a font download page.

ATS has been infiltrated !~!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It's always ATS that is infiltrated right?

Know what?

It always turns out to be the person's computer being compromised rather than ATS.

Been here over 5 years and NEVER had a problem.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
its spyware . not ats. or your webrowser is outdated. try the new firefox.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
IObit Security 360™ 100% Freeware

www.iobit.com...

Try it it does a deep scan and its free from the makers of Advanced SystemCare™ Free v3 (also free)

www.iobit.com...

You will thank me later I guarantee it

[edit on 18-9-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Thanks for your replies.

I believe the problem is in my browser. I had 2 more unwanted programs show up and destroyed them both.

Going to try to track this down and see where it is coming from.

I'm not getting this problem after I am on ATS. It happens when I use IE to get to ATS.

Haven't tried to go to other sites in 2 days. I'll start my quest of the little bugger right now.

Oh I do remember going to face book yesterday. Could have picked up something from there.

I've never had any problem with ATS and I'm here everyday.

I just thought somebody might understand what these silly numbers were.
I don't believe it's friendly whatever it is.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I'm not getting this problem after I am on ATS. It happens when I use IE to get to ATS.

Have you ever tried Firefox or Opera as your browser

If you do, you should always make sure you get the updates to those browsers. It's the way to go to keep it as secure as possible.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I have IE8. It has a built in filter.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b9243e4836d.jpg[/atsimg]

We can talk about the advanced options later. You don't need to screw up your system with Firefox.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I tried both of those programs, ... did full scans, removed alot of stuff, .... a few trojans, .... but maybe its not removing them, ... or one of them is making it through .... cause im still getting these stupid popups.

anyone have any ideas ??

I hope the virgins that make adware and popups fall asleep in a park and are brutally raped by rabbid squirrels.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
ok first...ie 8 is as bad as the old ie.
firefox or opera is hell better,safari too
update your windows regulary with security updates "dont allow third party cookies",get vista or windows 7,get 64 bit windows versions.
get threadfire antivirus (free),get spyware doctor or something.

i didnt get any trojans,im on a 64 bit win7 so..its like a lamborghini xD

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I was informed I had a Trojan as well, .... I tried to destroy it but it didnt work, .. I just have a question ...

What The [SNIP] ???

I wasn't on any other site yesterday, ... so I'm sure I either got it from ATS or one of the members here, .... can someone look into this please ???

I had the same problem at the begining of this week.

I posted a thread about it - how I'd not gone to any other site but ATS and I'd done a full clean on my computer the night before - and my thread got removed.

I was NOT happy.

1 virus and 2 Trojans later... And they're still not fixed.

EDIT TO ADD:

cause im still getting these stupid popups.

I'm still getting two pop ps when I first start up my machine also, and it's taking forever to start.

It's a new computer too...so double PO'd.

ALSO - I'm using FIREFOX.

SO - so much for that...

[edit on 19-9-2009 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Before I try any of your programs, believe me it's not that I'm finding fault with you - BUT - they are free right?

Free to scan but you have to pay to fix, or sign up to something to fix?

Or are they free right across the board?

thanks in advance

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
O-K, I used Firefox for a long time, and when I rebuilt my system I wanted to use Microsoft Outlook because it has automatic backup, but no way exists to import addresses or messages from Tbird. And that is not the first conflict.

In another point, even if what Zorgon suggests is sterling, by experience I will not change from Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy since all the system builders and IT pros I know still recommend them.

If you want to protect IE8 you'll have to do some research and jump through some loops, but it is worth it I also can guarantee you.

Also I use Norton for my anti-spyware, it is the world's best. I can sum up Norton in two words...

Norton Commander

That is the software technology to have.

I catch viruses every day. I don't have any problems. So you think about it.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
For those with these trojans on your pc's; First and foremost turn off your system restore, then do a thorough cleaning. Many time what happens is these trojans get put into your restore hive, even after a cleaning they will immediately return as mostl anti_* software will not clean your restore hives. I would also recommend cleaning your pc in the "Safe Mode without network" as this will prevent some of the nasties from loading and running.

After your pc is clean then you may turn your restore functin back on and create a new restore hive.

To get to the restoe functionalilty: Right click on "MY COMPUTER" click on "properties" then select "system restore" tab

Check mark the "Turn off system restore" and hit "OK", this will delete restore hives from your computer.

pretty much the same way to turn it back on after cleaned.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Let's remember to run our anti spyware software in SAFE MODE as well folks.

Most of these programs are built to hide themselves from most conventional anti spyware and anti-malware software.

Reboot in safe mode, preventing any unauthorized programs from running in the background, then run your softwares.

Should clean out evertything but a Sector 0 virus. Pray you don't have one of those

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
It's always ATS that is infiltrated right?

Know what?

It always turns out to be the person's computer being compromised rather than ATS.

Been here over 5 years and NEVER had a problem.

Well, that's just mis-leading, if not a bold faced lie.

There have been several times over the past years when unscrupulous advertisers have hidden malicious code in their programming and ATS had to put a stop to it.

Funny thing is, every time it happens, the mods all jump into the thread screaming about how it is not ATS only to be proven wrong later.

XL5

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree Tiloke. When its another site that has the malware ADs, its that sites fault.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyone who is on the net should have anti-virus, anti-spyware and a firewall and those who don't WILL have spyware/issues. So in every case of a computer acting odd on ATS could be the users fault as every unprotected computer on the net has issues. Its misleading, its like saying, your cars leaking oil because you don't get monthly tune ups, not because a student at Canadian tire over/undertightend the oil drain nut.

Everyone in ATS who does not have "protection" tools like antivirus is infected in some way.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by XL5]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by XL5

Even more so, its begging for trouble for sure. I also use Glary's Utilities. And then I did the hoops thing for IE8.

Windows firewall (No 3rd party!)
Norton antivirus (Corporate)
Spybot S&D (Teatimer works in IE)
Ad-Aware (Anniversary edition)
Glary's Utilities (Blocks class ids in IE)
IE In Private advanced settings

A few other cleaning programs which have no background processes like CCleaner, I defrag often, and three times at each event, use BCWipe to clean file slack and free space monthly, run antispyware daily, antimalware weekly, defrag weekly, file slack monthly. Turn on your system restore if you're going to fiddle with files, such as uninstall. Make backups of every move. Drivers are hard to come by if they are outdated.

Chances are you'll be rock solid like us for the time being.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I followed these directions - and - my computer is just peaches and cream this morning!

FANTASTIC ADVICE - IMO in need of applause!

Thank you so much!

gracie

top topics

<<   2 >>

join