It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Gallium At 110 ppm Doing In Phoenix Air Samples

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Lots of fine research here I see.

It's odd that no one decided to look at the results a little more closely, and wondered why everything tested is well and truly over the toxic limit.

I mean look at the Arsenic levels, something is clearly not right.

So instead of me pointing out what is wrong and being called a debunker, disinfo agent or whatever can anyone work out what's wrong with these results?

WarrenB?

Sancho?

Hazelnut?

Care to deny ignorance?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacecowgirl
reply to post by observe50

My first thought was chemtrails, so thanks for that.
For any odd chemical in the air, I would be looking at the chemtrail activity in the preceding days first.

Is anyone documenting them in Phoenix?

Agreed. The title of thread should read, "atmosphere over Phoenix poisonous".

The levels are off the charts.
Aluminum is at 39000ppm when toxic level is 2ppm
Manganese is at 487ppm and toxic level is 0.1ppm
Arsenic is at 48ppm and toxic level is 0.02ppm

The hospitals should be full of sick people. Chronic
inhalation would cause all sorts of health hazards,
even death.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
A well presented post. Good job!

There are a few particulars that prompt me to offer this view:

The date of the Air sample report is 7/21/2009. This represents the date that the report was written. The collection dates for the sample which was assayed is not referenced. There is a time period, usually days, up to a month, during which the sample is collected. Also, the collection location site, ( or sites, if the assay represents more than one site, and the aggregate was assayed ), is an unknown.
The elements listed that are found to be in somewhat higher concentrations are commonly found in compounds used in the manufacture of fireworks. It is quite possible that the sample encompasses the Forth of July fireworks displays that are enjoyed by many.
The amount of Gallium, at 110 ppm, is within the parameters of the elemental association with Aluminum, at 39,000ppm. Not in any way trying to detract from the OP and stated uses of Gallium. It just seems that the industrial uses of this relatively expensive, and rare, material, would be controlled to prevent its loss to the environment, regardless of the toxicity.
Additional samples that pre-date this particular one may indicate that the
higher values are anomalous, an the actual, statistical values are indeed lower.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kingswillquiver

You're right, the hospitals should be full of sick and dying people.

So why aren't they?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

The Maximum Contaminant Levels are related to water quality and are irrelevant to particulate levels. Comparing the two is nonsensical.

Testing for particulate contamination is a tricky and rigorous process involving multiple short time span tests. The actual protocol depends on the material being tested for. Simply running a HEPA filter for a while does not cut it.
www.osha.gov...

[edit on 9/19/2009 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not only that, they didn't measure the concentration of these products in the air, they measured the concentration of them in the airborne particulates collected.

Massive difference.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake
I have been here for 3 years and I am not a big fan of the area...what do the other residents think?

I am now closing in on the end of my first full summer here and I hate it!

Mainly the f@#$%! heat...but I have personally seen a lot of "chemtrails" over the east valley so these types of reports do not surprise me.

www.arizonaskywatch.com...

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Paroxysm]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

"The hospitals should be full of sick and dying people"

I moved North Away from the city Phoenix 4 months ago first and fore most honestly to alleviate the symptoms I was experiencing. If I went more than a week with out doing my detox thing, sauna, exercise, bottled water, stretch, vitamins, I became agitated, brain fogged and developed issues of real and serious muscle pains.

Since moving out of Phx, those symptoms have completely stopped.

I also brought a buddy of mine that works for me, he had been dysfunctional for the previous 6 months, unemployable, forgetful very often, completely lacking in motivation... brain fogged, but he had been there his whole life and was much worse than how I felt.

He has seen a huge decrease in these symptoms since moving up here.

I also have to say and no offense to other Phoenicians... The number of people who have low grade mental illness was higher there than any place I have ever lived...

Not every one, some people were fine but allot, allot of people simple have trouble thinking, making decisions, deal with bad depression mood swings etc, etc...

With no coincidence, it seems certain neighborhoods are worse than others, bottled water and Good, properly maintained central air and lots of exercise seems to make a big difference

But, One reason I just got the heck out of Phoenix... I had to work way to hard to keep my health and had run ins with too many people who were way out of synch in the head (bear in mind when I say this, i'm from Brooklyn NY originally and used to crazy people) this was different

Here's the bottom line genuine and honest and as per my experiences in the city, it made me sick to live there, it made allot of other people sick to live there barring real and concerted efforts to remain healthy, the hospitals don't flood because it's mostly neurological in nature but something health wise is entirely wrong and the air and water are extremely toxic

Living in Phx, i made some of the worst mistakes and was the laziest i have ever been in my life, and the same went for my ex wife and others, friends etc that lived there

I have looked for every reason possible to explain it... and off the conjecture of everything from a very high incedence of Black Mold, to a large number of Meth Labs, the simple fact that air doesn't get out of the Valey with ease, to theories on the water suply being tainted by govt underground labs... all those theories from the mundane to to surreal have elements of real truth...

My only conclusions including the evidence in this thread I can say are fact

1: I was pretty sick off and on living there

2: There are a myriad of terrible pollutants in that city

3: rain and wind are scarce those pollutants have no where to go at times through the year

I would never live there or stay there for long enough period to let... whatever is in the air and water accumulate in my body ever again.

( a very big factor might simply be...given that "some people" have no issues... Black Mold and Valley fever, another common mold)

All I know... is I feel good again

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Thanks for the post MV!!!
I moved to Phoenix in February of 2008, and I have to say that for the year that I lived there, I had far more health problems than I ever have before in my life. I found it extremely curious because part of the reason I moved out there was because a more arid climate is supposed to be good for asthma, which I have had since childhood. However, I had more respiratory problems out there than I have ever had anywhere else in the country, and on top of that I was sick FAR more there than I have ever been over any comparable time throughout my life. I agree that part of that is probably the lack of weather systems that would routinely dilute any airborn pollutants in most other places in the country. I personally feel that the stagnant environment in the "valley of the sun" is likely a major culprit when it comes to the seemingly increased number of afflictions that are experienced valley-wide there.

Personally, I feel that something is wrong in Phoenix, and you would have to pay me large sums of money to go back there for any great length of time.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

Phoenix is not known for its wonderful air quality but, because it is so dry, one of its biggest problem is dust.

According to the recently formed Maricopa County Air Quality Department, the worst offenders contributing to the area's most recent downturn in air quality appear to be housing developers who paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines for dust and permit violations during the past year. Manufacturers, trucking companies, and many others have also been fined by the department for a variety of infractions.
phoenix.about.com...

The dreaded aluminum is often cited as proof of chemtrail spraying but aluminum is one of the most abundant elements on the surface of the Earth.
Here are the conclusions of a real study into the sources of particulates.

Airborne particulate matter (PM) air pollution is presently regulated by the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) using gravimetric mass as the particle metric to assess air quality. However, an enormous number of different chemical species are associated with the various types of ambient particles, depending upon their source origins (e.g., Cooper and Watson 1980). For example, primary particles emitted from coal combustion are characteristically highly enriched with arsenic and selenium, whereas residual oil combustion particles are more enriched in nickel and vanadium, and soil particles are especially enriched in the crustal elements (e.g., silicon, aluminum).

In Phoenix, soil, traffic, secondary sulfate, and sea spray were most highly correlated across analyses; wood and vegetative burning, metals industry particles, and coal fly ash were less well correlated. Based on the relative sizes of these intergroup intercorrelations for each of the source types in these two cities, the soil-, sulfate-, residual oil-, and salt-associated mass components were generally seen to be most unambiguously identified by the various source apportionment methods, while vegetative burning and traffic were less well correlated across groups.
www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov...

The chemicals are from dust and industry, they are not from "chemtrails". The inversion which settles over Phoenix traps the garbage in the air. A nasty place indeed.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The chemicals are from dust and industry, they are not from "chemtrails". The inversion which settles over Phoenix traps the garbage in the air. A nasty place indeed.

I'm telling you, that over the last year which I have lived here I have personally seen trails across the sky in this city, that linger there sometimes for hours. I have sometimes witnessed the aircraft which have left these trails.
These linger far, FAR too long to be called aircraft "contrails".

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Why? Contrails are composed of tiny ice crystals. Cirrus clouds are composed of tiny ice crystals. Cirrus clouds can and do last for hours, can and do spread to cover the whole sky. Contrails can and do last for hours, can and do spread to cover the whole sky.

Why blame the air pollution of Phoenix on "chemtrails" when there are plenty of obvious sources which make much more sense than "spraying" something 6 miles above the city?

Wait a minute! That's it! "Chemtrails" are a disinfo campaign carried out by the polluters. "It's not us! It's the chemtrails!"

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Why blame the air pollution of Phoenix on "chemtrails" when there are plenty of obvious sources which make much more sense than "spraying" something 6 miles above the city?

The Jets which I did witness "spraying trails" here were not "6 miles above the city". They were flying prob pretty close to 12k, absolutely no more than 15,000ft.

What's the probability of contrails forming from jets below 15,000ft...and lingering for more than a couple seconds??
I'm sure the science is not impossible for this to happen, but you have to admit that it is highly improbable at those altitudes.

Why?

I dunno, but I have theories.

Wait a minute! That's it! "Chemtrails" are a disinfo campaign carried out by the polluters. "It's not us! It's the chemtrails!"

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Maybe it's not raw Galum but Galium arsenide

(or Gallium arsenide)

It is not just the best semiconductor known to man but it is a very promising material for future supercomputing, if and when it become competitive to silicon regarding costs.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I submit that you have no way of visually judging the altitude of an aircraft more than 15,000 feet overhead, less if it is not overhead. A look here shows that flights in the vicinity of Sky Harbor which are at altitudes above 30,000 feet are not rare.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I agree that I would have trouble judging the altitude of aircraft flying more than 15,000 ft above my head, BUT I am quite good at judging altitude's for those less than 15k.

I submit to you that I am an avid mountaineer, and regularly climb 13ers and 14ers in the Rockies. I am very well versed in judging elevation changes. I have also gone for a few flights in a small prop plane over phoenix/mesa/superstition mtns at altitudes up to 9,000ft.

My elevation here in the phoenix area 1600-2000ft. The jets which I was referencing to were aprox 10,000 ft above my head. This I am certain.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I am a hang glider pilot of 35 years (I have my share of time in the air and at high elevations) and an occasional small plane driver (when friends let me get my hands on the yoke). I am very accustomed to looking for and finding aircraft in flight. I am not at all confident that I could identify the type (and therefore size, and therefore altitude) of an aircraft 10,000 feet above me. But maybe that's just me.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
If you're a pilot...then if a plane flew over your head 10k ft up, and I asked you whether that plane was 10,000 ft up or 30,000 ft up, you should be able to come up with the correct answer.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Ever since I arrived in AZ I have felt some sort of "general conspiracy" was going on with the poor air and tap & ground water quality.

This discovery of this rare soft metal, Gallium, in the air only goes to further my suspicions.
Could this be from all the Semiconducter and Chip manufacturers in the valley?
Possibly, can we find any concrete proof of this?

Maybe if we look at past air quality samples here it might lead to some answers...

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Not without knowing the aircraft type. But depending on the conditions it doesn't have to be 30,000 feet (15,000 would be unusual). Next time you see it happen you should look closely to try to figure out what kind of plane it is before estimating its altitude. Then report it here (photos would help):
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join