It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are you going when times get tough.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I don't know about everyone else, but for the past months me and my mom have been stalking up on essentials, We have enough water to last about 8 months and enough food to probably last us a few years.

I'm not scared of what's about to happen, I came to terms a long time ago that something bad was coming our way, she just came to terms with it in the last 6 months.

We have slowly been transferring our supplys down to a cave within a mile of where I live, the cave is big enough to house probably 15-20 people and is extremely secluded, I live out in the middle of no where but at the same time I wouldn't feel comfortable sitting in my house. I discovered this cave about 5 years ago when I was in high shcool out exploring with my friends. It looks like it was used by indians at one point in time, it has compartments carved out that look like they could have been used to stock something and I've found several arrow heads around the site. It also has a waterfall to the left of the cave that seems very clean, i've drank out of it before without any sickness so I guess that could be a last resort if water was needed.

But where are you planning to go when TSHTF? Stay at home, Somewhere secluded? Is it really safe to be at home?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I've invested in a Hennesy Hammock (awesome bit of equipment, if you don't have one get one, way better than the standard tent) and a some essentials, enough to get me through the 500km of BC from the coast back to my family in the interior.

Sorry, but the image of you Stalking up on some water to gather it is just too hilarious not to mention

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
Sorry, but the image of you Stalking up on some water to gather it is just too hilarious not to mention

I don't see how being prepared for anything is hilarious. I have a few months' supply of food backed up for my loved ones. And I continue to buy a few 'extra' items every time I do my grocery shopping.

Am I paranoid and delusional? Nope. But I am responsible and dedicated to the wellbeing of my family and friends, regardless of whatever happens around us.. (be it natural such as a hurricane, or not..)

- Mea

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Veritas Lux Mea

I think the previous comment made was because stalking doesn't mean the same thing as stocking...which is the correct word for the OPs usage.

Uniceft17,
As to your stocking of food and supplies, good start. you may want to invest in a quality water filter, because you do not know the source of the water from the waterfall is, and what lies upstream. perhaps a chemical plant that will leak if not maintained, perhaps a town whose sewers may fall into disrepair and flow into the water, perhaps at least a dozen other issues.

As to where will I go...well the Grand Canyon has always seemed such a nice place, with plenty of seclusion...I may just go there. Plenty of fishing in the river, kaibab deer and elk, squirrels the size of footballs...yeah that's one of my spots, depending on how much notice I get to bug out.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by digger2381
reply to post by Veritas Lux Mea

I think the previous comment made was because stalking doesn't mean the same thing as stocking...which is the correct word for the OPs usage.

Thank you for clearing that up..

- Mea

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

I'm coming to your house, so watch out!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You have the food stockpiled there now? You're not worried of the cave being discovered and the food taken before hand? That's my only concern, I'm in a fairly rural but heavily populated area, we're planning on heading west to my Brother in laws if we can. If we can't I haven't come up with a good solution yet. What can those of us do who live in the suburbs, or within 50 miles of a major city?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
No offense, but shouldn't this thread be in the Survival forum?

And for me, I have my plans, and my locations mapped out. But no offense, not going to tell anyone about it. I can help you out with some of the basics that you should have, but I really don't like to put what I have and where they are publicly.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I live in NYC. I have a mom who's getting old and an older sister. I'm not going anywhere. Sometimes, # happens. Oh well....there are no promises in this life.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
While on a vacation trip to the Frio River in Texas, I found a nice opening next to the river with pecan trees and other various nuts surrounding it. I did a little exploring and found it had tons of resources and natural defences for a building of a settlement or camp. I have been stocking up on the essentials and maintaining my survival bag. I have water purification tablets and am working on getting a filter.

That will be my ideal spot to set up camp in case sit x happens. Also I did some research on the plants around the area and found almost all of them to be edible! Also lots of dry wood and dead trees around perfect for fires. Personally, I cannot wait.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I'm already here! On board anyway. IF things go pear-shaped I will piss off to the Orkney islands, north of Scotland. She's always fuelled up for a 2000 mile trip, I have the charts, electronics and nav skills to go wherever it's most quiet. She's also wooden, so if I turn off the radar and ditch the reflector I would be virtually invisible to other radar.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Amsterdam. We leave in six long weeks. Have fun playing Mad Max. "Humungous rules the wasteland"!

new topics

top topics

join