It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad: Confronting Israel is a national duty, Holocaust was a "lie"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

They didn't have to be there.

It was broadcasted live over state radio.

I see! I am glad it doesn't concern you that the people who print Israeli news are secretly Islamic and listen to their prayer services, Iranian ones no less!

However who translated the Farsi to English? Have you bothered to confirm with a credible translator since the publication reporting has been known to publish distorted and poorly sourced information on a frequent basis?

Do you understand Farsi yourself or how to speak it, or are you just the trusting type when it comes to being agreeable with those who advocate war, and the distrusting type towards those that advocate peace?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

On topic - you state that it is illegal in Israel (or occupied palestinian territories) to celebrate Quds day. Which is a lie, but on topic.
I say that it is not so. Which is truth. And it is off topic???
If Israeli newspaper used some source and misquoted it, which you consider wrong, it is still better then to say something out of the blue.
Anyhow, whatever Ahmadinejad really said, what is stated in Iranian Press-TV or what is in Israeli newspaper, it clearly was meant to make things worse. Blood thirsty evil Quds-fighting Israelis would become even more blood-thisty and evil. And might strike peaceful Iran. Peace dove Ahmadinejad certainly is against war, Zionist regime is only political description and such. Why he risks a war by stirring things up? Especially while Obama is courting him?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by mmiichael

Have you and your brothers and sisters really not been taught better?

Seriously?

I love how when it comes to other countries and their perceived misdeeds in the world, it's the government's fault. When it comes to Israel, so many people just blame the Jews.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

However who translated the Farsi to English? Have you bothered to confirm with a credible translator since the publication reporting has been known to publish distorted and poorly sourced information on a frequent basis?

Do you understand Farsi yourself or how to speak it, or are you just the trusting type when it comes to being agreeable with those who advocate war, and the distrusting type towards those that advocate peace?

Do you understand Farsi? Have you had what Pres. A said translated by a credible translator? If you're going to use this line of argument you should stick to it yourself.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

Originally posted by mmiichael
That Mr A is megalomaniac and slightly off his rocker is not a possible interpretation around here.

I call total BS on this statement. Have a look around this website and you will find plenty of threads and posts vilifying the Iranian president.

In this case, the story is BLATANTLY biased by "filling in the blanks".

That is all people are pointing out (me at least) the rest is your fantasy about ulterior motives for simply pointing out the obvious. Don't read into it anything more than that.

So instead you fill in the blanks for us as to what we are to believe this rhetoric is supposed to be, I see it as the leader of a country openly questioning the existence of another country. The mere fact they have an anti-Isreal day is antagonizing at the very least.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
I've skimmed the thread, and was going to talk about the fine points, but not now.

There is much war rhetoric from the States, and Israel in preparation for a war with Iran.

Anything, and everything will be taken out of context, created, and used to win the hearts, and minds of the armies needed to fight Iran. I really should say Russia, and China as well.
This is the reality of the situation.

~edited out link~

That is a link to a semi half $ssed comprehensive thread I put together.

While I agree with the italicized text above quoted, I would like to point out the bold text...

Please don't try and hijack a thread with one of yours. Everyone loves stars and flags but it's not polite. If people are reading this I'm sure they'll see your thread, it'll be up on the recent post page for a while I'm sure.

Aside from the quoted text I would like to say I think there's just a bunch of trash talk from both sides.. even if it has to be put into parenthesis. Both sides are meaning harm from the things that are said and ultimately I believe it will result in a war. I'm on neither side because honestly, I don't like either faction involved. I base my opinion on solely who I've met in life and I can tell you I've never met an israeli or iranian that I liked. Albiet it hasn't been many but that's just my opinion. I know many people in the world hate americans just because of what they think but I don't see it that way. Here in america there's lots (where I'm from anyway) talk of about mexicans coming over and taking jobs but I don't hate them. They're people just like you and I. I try and form my own opinion on everyone based on actions mostly... and I don't take into account the governments they are part of in any way... just how they appeal to me.

I do not agree with what either iran, or israel are doing. Can't we all just... get along?

I wasn't trying to be racist against anyone either, seeing how the big tag at the top of the page says "Racism is for Ignorant Fools" .. I have nothing against anyone because of their race.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Estharik]

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Estharik]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by digger2381

Originally posted by PowerSlave
reply to post by JohnL

he told worshippers at Tehran University at the end of annual anti-Israel Quds Day rally.

This is the part I find the most interesting.

Annual anti-Israel Quds Day!

So is this a national holiday celebration in Iran? Does Israel have an anti-Iran day?

Yeah, it is Quds Day. The anti-Israel is the author's editorial bias. Otherwise it would be "Anti-Israel Quds Day"

Quds Day is a day observed by Muslims, Arabs, and GASP! anti-Zionist Jews. It is about demanding rights for the Palestinians and protesting the Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories. It is a protest against the Apartheid policies of Israel, including the sole control of Jerusalem, which was established in June of 1967 when the Israelis militarily forced the Jordanian side out. The Israelis celebrate this day, Jerusalem Day, or Yom Yerushalayim.

So if the Israelis can celebrate control of Jerusalem, can the Arabs not protest?

Originally, according to the 1947 UN plan, Jerusalem was to be an international city, not Israeli, not Arab. This same 1947 plan called for a 2 state solution with separate Arab and Jewish states...this plan was cited by Israel in their Declaration of Independence as one of the bases for establishing a Jewish state, yet they refuse the Arab state, denying the Palestinians a homeland.

Seems a wee bit hypocritical don't ya think?

That plan was not adopted by Isreal just as other plans have not been adopted by the Arab states so who is to blame for the Palestinian plight?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This newspaper highlighting Ahmadinejad's misconstrued, mistranslated, misinterpreted message may be an indicator of a propaganda campaign paving the way for something much larger. From reliable sources, on the table and on the plate is a Saudi and US induced attack by Israel on Iran's nuclear faculties and key military targets.

Simultaneously the Saudis and pals want to knock out Syrian key locations. The US is already in Pakistan surreptitiously and India is onside. The Russians will move some ships around and sabre rattle, but stay on the sidelines. The US will gauge it's intervention on results of the minor league playoffs.

This may or may not come to pass, but it's being prepared for on a 'ready to strike' basis.

The rationalization is prevention of nuclear weapons in the hands of regimes that are thought to want them for more than their deterrence factor.

Iran with it's ongoing redistribution of power has an opportunity to rethink it's positioning. Rafsanjani and Khameini are now on the defensive. Ahmadinejad is positioning himself as the actual head of a more secularized state. As much as I loathe the guy, he is the better option for the Iranian people.

I'm always hoping his bark is worse than his bite. But he does have a habit of running off at the mouth with the such succulent bon mots.

An interesting couple hundred of them here.

thinkexist.com...

All misconstrued, mistranslated, misinterpreted by those nasty Zionists, no doubt. No one has ever gotten a single quote of his right, from what I'm told.

Mike

[edit on 18-9-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

My dear friend Michael, mark my words, should this come to pass, the entire world economy will collapse when oil skyrockets through the roof.

The Iranian President has already demonstrated to the observant that he's a Master Mason. He works for Rome.

They (The Powers that Be) want to collapse the present financial system, and closing the Persian Gulf Shipping Lanes for any length of time will in fact do that.

The House of Saud, the Zionists, the Iranian President, the Russian President are all on the same page.

Why do you think the military calls it 'staging' a battle.

Battles that they launch and carry out from 'staging' areas?

Why do you think a periodical is called a magazine and where munitions are stored are called a magazine?

Could it be because the pen that writes in a periodical is as powerful and potent a weapon as the gunpowder that goes into a shell?

Me thinks this is the case.

Everyone the world over is going to loose in this little show, and all it is, is a show.

In ancient Rome the condemned were often sentenced to die on stage, playing a role in a play that resulted in the charachters death.

People have not thought this through, they never do, when the motive is always profit and greed for the military industrial complex, bankers and oil barons.

Why must people the world over suffer?

The reality is Michael there is no shortage of anything on this planet to enjoy a peaceful quality of life, everything from energy to housing to food is in fact in ample abundence.

There is plenty of space, and plenty of wealth to go around. These wars are always instigated by the horders, the Masters whose own vanity and greed knows no bounds.

People need to wise up.

People need to grow up.

People need to love one another.

Now any body who wants to attack me for that basic message go right on a head, but think about what you are really attacking.

Think about what you are so insistent upon and why and the inevitible outcome of that.

I will not condone it. Ultimately it is nothing but blood sport for profit.

We might as well just build colloseums and bring back the Gladiators.

It amazes me that the need to be right becomes so powerful to people they don't even care if it kills themselves, someone else, or the entire planet.

It needs to end and it will not end through violence Michael it will end when people put aside their jealousies and fears and intollerance and reach out to one another.

I suggest sending flowers and hugs maybe even that cute Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

Beauty, love, nature, art and music is what we should be promoting and celebrating.

When the Middle East is a smoldering ruins, and your car is a coffee table, and all you can do is remember what it was like to see well stocked store shelves and a bountiful meal on your table, remember just what I said.

This is a stupid move as the day is long.

[edit on 18/9/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I agree with You in regards to the break out of absolute Peace being dangerous to the very Elites supporting war, and hatred. It can be contagious, and will ruin the war efforts needed to retain totalitarian control of planet Earth. What blows me away is always when I reference the age of the plan unfolding before Our eyes(referencing such People as Albert Pike), the argument is met with being anti Semitic. That really blows me away; of course that argument has lost all steam since the Palestinians are also Semites.

Also, what has hurt the Zionist, or globalist cause of it being all about the Jews is the very real fact that Zionism has nothing to do with them in it's current form... The Jewish People have been turned into almost a live human shield against the masses.

I've got to say that I think the globalist's using their fake vessel of Zionism will fail. When this happens both Jewish People, and most all US American's will be hated for decades from the atrocities they helped perpetrate.

reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

The celebration is banned in Israel.
.............scratch that, not celebration, but observance/protest

[edit on 18-9-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

I think you are quite correct Sancho, I don't see ultimately where it's in the United State's or Israel's Jews interest to fight these endless wars that only make a hypocricy out of the U.S. Constitution and the ancient principals of Judaism.

Collectively we seem to have foresaken the values that once seperated us morally from the very people we vilify and decry, by doing it first, harder and more violently and mercilessly than they might, if in fact they were going to do it at all. Since we either attack first or push people so far into a corner there is nothing for them left to do but react we won't even know ever if the excuses our own leaders and governments make for abandoning our own values to fight these wars of aggression are even true.

Kill them all and let G-d sort them out seems to be the new rule of the day.

I can't believe that's what anyone's religion or morals really are.

I think Israel has been hijacked and stolen by the Zionists in the name of the real Jews.

It's funny for some reason the real Jews I talk to almost every day as I see them walking back and forth to their Temples and shopping in the stores aren't anything like the 'Zionists' and 'Jews' on line are. They are pleasant, humurous, good natured, and good neighbors.

I find it very hard to believe some of these online personalities who are always champion Zionists causes and accusing others of anti-Semitism are even Jewish or practicing Jews. They sure have a tendency to practice their war mongering on their computers on their Sabbath day which kind of makes me think they are about as Kosher as a McRib sandwich.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

If Iran want absolutly a war, they should send right away a missile toward Israel.

They Didn't do that and they still don't do it.

I assume war is not a goal or a finality, despite beliefs tagged to Iran rulers.

If those beliefs are represented among political class in Iran, It is well represented in western world with return of J.C. Antichrist, the rapture and not forgetting jewish prophecies as well.

I don't think Iran will start the war. We may push them to react, or strike first. But Iran Won't strike first unless painted in a corner.

Trip by Nethanyau in Moscow lately is quite strange.

Obama letting the Shield down to please Russia is not as strange, since Russia agrred to let US troops supplies pass russian territories to reach Afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

Originally posted by SmokeJaguar67
The Iranian president wants war ...

And the Jewish and Christian fundies don't?

Take off the blinders.
The "West" is pushing for war.
Iran is surrounded.

[edit on 18 Sep 09 by Gools]

what is a fundie?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I find it hard to comprehend that there are people that dont believe the suffering of the Jewish people at the hands of the Nazis, even predating the so called 'final solution'. The history books, the personal accounts, the gas chambers that still stand today as a warning to the future generations - they dont lie. It may all feel far fetched that humans have the capacity to carry out such evil, but sadly it did happen!

I find the timing of the news article interesting as President Obama has stated that the ballistic missile defence in Poland and the Czech Republic is currently not required due to the reduced theat level of Iran's own missile capacity.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninecrimes

Hey SmokeJaguar67,

No one here is trying to be rude to you. However, you must understand that if you come onto this forum, trying to provide facts, you will most definitely need to cite them with at least credible source, each.

Ahh, thank you for enlightening me on that. I had been totally perplexed to the reasons for being jumped on but I get it now. Don't get me wrong I can take a good flame on the chin but when I cannot understand why I'm taking it on the chin then that just leaves me scratching my head and checking for a skin disease.

As to citing credible sources I will note that wikipedia is not so credible then though I had been under the impression it was becoming more credible in recent years. I will look up other sources and edit the post that got me castigated.

That said my source was my brother who is an officer with the Army. It was he who told me about the links between the Hojjatieh and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. It is OK for me to mention this as it is common knowledge and does not break the official secrets act as even a trooper is aware of this I'm told.

Originally posted by ninecrimes
Stating Iran's desire for war as a concrete fact is, in all honesty, a bit silly. Though, if you had stated it in opinion, then "we" probably wouldn't be "jumping on you", but rather trying to reason with you. AboveTopSecret is all about logic and knowledge- without separating opinions from fact, what kind of a job would we be doing?

I was sure I was stating Iran wanting war as an opinion and yes agreed it was a bit silly that I spouted that but I was caught up in the moment and my fingers were engaging the keys faster than my brain. Easily done, point taken. I shall watch for the slippery stuff next time I take a step. To those I offended I offer my apologies it was an honest mistake.

I'm still pretty new so I'm still finding my way around but one thing I have a fascination for is the nightmare (for all sides) taking place in the middle east, a history I have always found of great interest.

What I learned from my thirty lashes? Cite credible sources = duly noted

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

News Flash, there is a much larger, better known group called Evangelical Zionist Christians who believe Jesus Christ will return in much the same fashion!

Yes I am fully aware of that as I was brought up within a strict roman catholic family and I even had the bible memorized. I got to meet many types who some might slap with the label ''religiously extreme. However I have not looked at a bible for over twenty years and am an atheist now (just a statement of fact, not a badge I wear). I have no love of religion and forgive me but I think you were a bit quick with the newsflash, but I see why you hit the button.

I dare say this group far out numbers your 'little known' group, has far more blood on their hands, and is actually known to believe that being killed in a mythical event called the 'Trump' is a good thing, and will be also singing Hallelujah as bombs drop on them.

I agree with you and all have as bloody a hand as the next zealot but I must point out that the Hojjatieh is not 'my' little group. Personally I hold them in as much contempt as any other religious group that strives to take freedom of thought away from a person. This contempt is well placed in my heart and mind as anyone who sings Hallelujah as bombs fall on fellow humans is worthy of nothing but contempt. Pardon the tasteless pun but you are preaching to the converted, I was aiming only to add more content to the debate. I was clumsy that much is obvious... I take my licks!

I think this group is far, far more dangerous, as you can't even start to count up all the bodies they have killed over the last decade let alone the last 16 centuries they have been at it.

I certainly cannot but without meaning to be rude sir, neither can you. What I do know is the numbers are horrific and then there other types of religious persecutions that did not involve death but might have been more merciful had death been the finality. I won't get into that but on the whole I am in agreement with you.

For crying out loud, one side is as bad as another, and while people pretend their side isn't as wacked out of their gourds as the other side is, it leaves those of us with COMMON SENSE dangerously in the middle of their game.

Yes I realise that one side is as bad as another but not all people pretend that one side is less wacked than the other though many do like to wrap themselves within that lie and that adds to the quagmire no end. However I make a point of not being on speaking terms with those who put a bias on one side of the conflict as even a brain dead donkey could see they will subvert all good reason and good debate over time.

In times such as these, common sense is being replaced by indecision and with that comes the fear and I do not think it entirely fair to blame people for that. Many want to believe the MSM not because they lack common sense but because they want to believe that their government and those that read them the news at night are being straight up with them. Many people like that have an abundance of common sense but the possibility that they are on a precipice looking into an abyss that is the geopolitical arena, the lies of government and the bias of the MSM is an animal too ghastly to look in the eye. Sometimes I wish I could do the same but sadly the light is on now.

That is my opinion.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

They didn't have to be there.

It was broadcasted live over state radio.

I see! I am glad it doesn't concern you that the people who print Israeli news are secretly Islamic and listen to their prayer services, Iranian ones no less!

Do you speak Farsi or are you going to trust that he was misquoted?

Tell you what, since neither one of us can say that they heard the speech, let alone translated it, why don't you listen to it, translate it and then post your findings. Because right now you are doing the same exact thing you accuse me of doing.

Several papers have printed this story, you just hate to admit that your view of the Iranian President could be wrong. Its a shame some here hold you up to a pedestal, you have them fooled, thinking that you are smarter then what you really are.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

The Iranian President has already demonstrated to the observant that he's a Master Mason. He works for Rome.

Whoever said that, well it's an unbelievably ridiculous comment. Ahmadinejad is a joke, and has no power apart from his few loyal revolutionary guards. Khamenei and his son are in charge after the June military coup.

Ahmadinejad is just somebody for those in power to put in front of the cameras in the public to distract attention away from within. Very similar to the Iraqi minister of information - comical ali!

Ahmadinejad doesn't have to authority to even negotiate their nuclear weapons programme. He's a puppet and a muppet used to buy time.

Please also note that the Iranian people protested today and chanted "death to Russia" and "We don't want a theology dictatorship, we want religious choice!". Very revolutionary chants, especially the pro-secular state chants.

There are many examples to give why the regime is falling apart, what's left of it. People need to wake up to that fact, because western media refuses to despite all their analysts, they are extremely weak when it comes to Iran.

1. Firstly during Ahmadinejad's speech calls for his resignation were shouted "Ahmadi resign resign resign" were heard on state tv before sound was muted.

2. State tv muted protests, and the host claimed they were all chanting "death to Israel", when they were chanting "down with the dictator, death to Russia etc etc". state tv also transmitted old videos over and over again of previous Qods days when the few 100 regime fans didn't have 1000's upon 1000's of ordinary Iranian's countering them. Videos online prove a large number of opposition supporters turned up. Figures like Karroubi and Mousavi turned up to support the people, as the crowd are really the leaders, and the figures follow them.

This regime spends so much of its time covering up the fact that Iranian people have had enough of them, and so has no time to govern properly. When a so-called government cannot govern, and has murdered and beaten their people, they simply cannot and will not stay in power for much longer. Time is not on their side.

Protesters who were arrested today were released by the police, and the basij numbers are getting smaller. The police and basij have families and friends, so many will be sick and tired of beating and arresting their own people. The police are already beginning to change sides, the rest can only follow. Eventually security will become so weak that the protesters will gain entry to the tv stations and ministry buildings, and then it's probably game over.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Do you speak Farsi or are you going to trust that he was misquoted?

Tell you what, since neither one of us can say that they heard the speech, let alone translated it, why don't you listen to it, translate it and then post your findings. Because right now you are doing the same exact thing you accuse me of doing.

Several papers have printed this story, you just hate to admit that your view of the Iranian President could be wrong. Its a shame some here hold you up to a pedestal, you have them fooled, thinking that you are smarter then what you really are.

I totally agree - I said much the same thing earlier.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Let me put it to you this way, I have a few dear and old friends that are Persian and speak Farsi, but they are all ex-Savak Agents.

I would not trust them to give me an unbiased translation because of their own passions.

I will put it to you this way friend, in my humble oppinion this is a darned if you do, potentially darned if you don't situation, but definately a darned if you do.

It is true if Israel and other nations make no attempt to stop Iran from becoming Nuclear armed then yes there is always that potential that they might use those Nuclear weapons possibly against Israel, or possibly by putting them in the hands of some paramillitary orginization that will, or like in the case of the old Soviet Union, crumbling as a regime and those in possession sell them for a profit.

Yet the reality is that it was Iraq that attacked Iran, and not the other way around. The Islamic Republic has I will grant you been insensitive with it's words at time, but no more insensitive than any other regime around the world. They have not in their history launched an agressive war though.

I do not believe they would use nuclear weapons if they had them, and for all we know, they might very well already have them, in that case they have not used them to date if this is true.

If Israel attacks Iran they will close the Persian Gulf and nothing Militarily can prevent them from scuttling ships and mining the water ways in the opening rounds of hostilities.

Economically it will cripple the entire planet, and probably lead to a total financial collapse. Militarily they might employ Hamas and Hizbollah to harass Israel with the typical innefectual rockets, but will fire off as many of their long range missiles at the Israeli Cities, the U.S. Fleet, Bases in Iraq and Afghanistan.

People will die. I don't want to see one Jew or Israeli die, I don't want to see on Iranian die, and I don't want to see one American die.

It will be a darned if you do situation that will have terrible repurcussions for people around the globe.

I would risk them not attacking and work towards a peace.

That does not put the Shah's son back on the throne and in part that is what this is all about. That does not allow the introduction of a new one world currency after a massive economic collapse and in part that is what this is about. That does not allow for a broader Mid East war and in part that is what this is about.

Launching a Nuclear missile at Israel, the United States, Great Britan or any of their allies is just death by suicide.

They would not launch on Jerusalem it is as sacred to them as it is to the Jews and Christians.

If you aren't going to take out the Israeli capitol what would be the point of attacking Israel?

I don't believe the thread is what the Puppet Masters and the Powers that Be make it out to be.

I don't believe war is the solution.

I don't believe anyone anywhere except some political dissidents inside Iran are at risk from the Iranian regime.

They all have the means to get out of Iran if they choose.

Just like Cubans get out of Cuba.

The world is in simply to precarious position right now for this type of insanity, everyone will loose and yes that is my oppinion.

I am against war and violence of any kind, I do not believe it ever solves anything but just makes matters worse.

Yes that is my oppinion.

Now having said that as far as I can tell I was wrong about it being against the law for the Palestinians to celebrate the mutual Holiday they share with Israel but from different sides of the coin.

A year or so ago there was such a Bill in front of the Knesset but I haven't been able to find any evidence that it passed or became law.

I was wrong about that. My appologies for having misspoke in that regard.

Consider giving peace a chance. Peace is not a bad thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join