It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad: Confronting Israel is a national duty, Holocaust was a "lie"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I don't think either side is without fault... that being said, for those of you who look at Iran as faultless, or non-aggressive, they fund Hamas. That's a fact.
Basically, it is the same thing as what the US is doing right now with Blackwater in Iran; funding mercenaries so that international law and opinion don't apply. The only difference between the two is that Hamas is doing it for more than money, they have an ideological crusade (although, 'crusade' may be a poor choice of words ;-)).

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Angry Proty?

I have no input into how Israel is run.

I try to focus on events relevant to the present, the more immediate the better. .

Every country, every group of people have historical or religious enmities they can call on. Germany enacted state run genocide on Jews not that long ago. It's over now. They kissed and made up. On to the present.

A novice Israel did not present a territorial, economic or existential threat to oil rich Iran. Iran now makes the choice of construing Israel as their enemy. If it's all based on religious historical antipathies I'd just classify it as lunatic.

We're no longer fighting tribal wars in the desert over access to an oasis or goat herds.
Tens of millions of people live in cities. They're helpless and will starve within days unless there are functioning systems in place to supply good and services, productivity, education for them. In a competitive world producing your own finished products and selling them elsewhere is the model that works best. The more capable you are of utilizing technological advancements the better. That’s what running a country is about these days. Advancement.

That’s what the Israeli government would like to focus it’s efforts on. From what I gather “No Contact” direct or indirect with Iran would be fine with them. Iran would be advised to take heed of that. They have the option of just saying little and keeping their distance. They seem to be incapable of doing that.

Mike

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave
reply to post by JohnL

he told worshippers at Tehran University at the end of annual anti-Israel Quds Day rally.

This is the part I find the most interesting.

Annual anti-Israel Quds Day!

So is this a national holiday celebration in Iran? Does Israel have an anti-Iran day?

Yeah, it is Quds Day. The anti-Israel is the author's editorial bias. Otherwise it would be "Anti-Israel Quds Day"

Quds Day is a day observed by Muslims, Arabs, and GASP! anti-Zionist Jews. It is about demanding rights for the Palestinians and protesting the Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories. It is a protest against the Apartheid policies of Israel, including the sole control of Jerusalem, which was established in June of 1967 when the Israelis militarily forced the Jordanian side out. The Israelis celebrate this day, Jerusalem Day, or Yom Yerushalayim.

So if the Israelis can celebrate control of Jerusalem, can the Arabs not protest?

Originally, according to the 1947 UN plan, Jerusalem was to be an international city, not Israeli, not Arab. This same 1947 plan called for a 2 state solution with separate Arab and Jewish states...this plan was cited by Israel in their Declaration of Independence as one of the bases for establishing a Jewish state, yet they refuse the Arab state, denying the Palestinians a homeland.

Seems a wee bit hypocritical don't ya think?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Ah but you are wrong you do Michael!

I am dissapointed this insatiable bloodlust is simply unseemly.

It is entirely unwarranted too. There is no valid reason for all parties not to be getting along.

It takes two to tango so no one party can be entirely to blame when two parties are not getting along.

Have you considered the consequences of such an endeavor?

It will represent the tipping point.

The present is very much linked with the past. To pretend this is not the case is simply foolish. Did the displaced Jews of Europe settle on a new destination or one from the past?

It is a circular argument, a circular situation, and there is only one thing that breaks the circle.

I Michael will grieve for every soul lost Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Athiest, Communist, Agnostic alike.

I do not place a greater or lesser value on any one being. I can't.

I won't.

How much heartache and break must I suffer before you children learn to work out your differences in ammicable ways?

Do you understand this is causing me to loose more hair Michael?

I can't even step out for a few thousand years anymore without having to worry about what trouble you kids will get in to while I am gone!

Have you and your brothers and sisters really not been taught better?

Seriously?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ninecrimes

I think President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad wants war...

That's how his post began. It was his opinion, and that's how I read it.

Read through ProtoplasmicTraveler's posts and see if he asserts some of his toe-curling bilge as fact.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by chips

I know a good podiatrist! Good news Obama Care might cover it!

The only fact that I am stating is everyone likes to fight too much instead of talking and working out their differences.

I want you think back to any war, pick a war, and tell me which one worked out great for everyone involved, the winners or the loosers.

Do you actually have any comprehension how much money goes to the military industrial complex, and how much money that would translate into every man, woman and child’s pocket on the planet if divided equally?

Think about that instead of egos and superstitions and paranoia and fears for a moment and then honestly ask yourself why?

Can you? Seriously? Without all the emotional baggage, dogmas and prejudices and circular logic and reasoning?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by digger2381

Actually in occupied Palestine it is against the Law to protest and cellebrate this holiday.

It is punishable by prison.

Israel calls this democracy.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

Originally posted by chips
On here, that's sort of a textbook error.

In what way?
What are you implying?

If you can't see that we take a neutral stance on ATS (i.e. we don't simply accept any side's propaganda without question) then I suggest that you are not looking (or thinking) hard enough.

I can look at your posts in this thread and see that you have swallowed Irans propaganda kool aid without question.

Lets say he doesn't want to wage war with Israel and ALL the articles are wrong.

It doesn't change the fact that he wants to wage war on someone. Now with all that ice cold Iranian propaganda kool aid in your belly, please tell me why he has any reason to go to war with these Zionist?

The scary part about that (if you don't believe he was talking about Israel) is that we do not know who he is talking about. Zionist by definition is an anti semitic group. That pretty much defines anyone who doesn't belong to some hate group.

Him saying Zionist and not specifying can be seen as him wanting to wage war on about 99% of the world. Does that message make you happier then a slight misquote?

And people like you are ok with him having nuclear weapons.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Oh and he did threaten Israel, the US and our Arab allied countries. Still think he wasn't referring to Israel? If not, who do you think he is referring to?

Please with your infinite knowledge tell us who he is threatening with war?

"The hard-line president warned leaders of Western-allied Arab and Muslim countries about dealing with Israel.

"This regime [Israel] will not last long. Do not tie your fate to it?. This regime has no future. Its life has come to an end," he said in the speech broadcasted live on state radio.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Actually in occupied Palestine it is against the Law to protest and cellebrate this holiday. It is punishable by prison. Israel calls this democracy.

No. It is called "another thing i do not know about Israel but allow myself to speak freely about it especially since it gives such a nice option to smear Israel ."
But it is not punishable by prison.Nor is it against the law. This is what Israel calls democracy.
By the way - happy New Year. And if you celebrate - happy Quds day.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
He wants Israel to attack so he can unite his country(under false pretenses) and quiet the dissidence. Don't be fooled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I've skimmed the thread, and was going to talk about the fine points, but not now.

There is much war rhetoric from the States, and Israel in preparation for a war with Iran.

Anything, and everything will be taken out of context, created, and used to win the hearts, and minds of the armies needed to fight Iran. I really should say Russia, and China as well. This is the reality of the situation.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is a link to a semi half $ssed comprehensive thread I put together. This coming war that so many buy into isn't going to be a walk in the park, and it will be painful.

The thread covers how Russia, and China are being brought into this mess; it covers the Psychological Warfare currently being deployed against the US American People.

This is a real deal. It is dangerous, and scary. I don't care what the Iranian President's views are; as he, and his country aren't openly stating a preemptive strike before the end of the year.

We all could start pulling out tons of icky nasty names, and things all World leaders have said, but why???

Maybe some People ought to remember what children were taught long ago, and share it with the psychologically conditioned Western "fascist" World...............

"Sticks, and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me!"

Now, what has the Iranian Pres done??? Nothing anyone else has done before; gave at best opinions; which were taken, and skewed.

S&F

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Actually it is against the law. I read the law when it was passed by the knesset.

I cellebrate Yule, it's a fun holiday, you cut down the biggest tree you can find and set it ablaze, it's called a Yule Log! Then you sit around it drinking and eating until it burns out. You start this on the Winter's Solstice and commence when the log stops burning.

You worship nothing but the fact you have food and drink to enjoy, you celebrate nothing but the fact that you have some place warm and cozy to do it.

I like Yule!

I like Peace, is it the fact that I want peace that so upsets you and causes you suspicion or the obvious fact that other people agree it's a good thing to have and idea too?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

I can look at your posts in this thread and see that you have swallowed Irans propaganda kool aid without question.

It doesn't change the fact that he wants to wage war on someone.

That's some amazing mind reading ability you are displaying there!!!

Simply Wow!!!.

Seriously, You should go on tour.

I think you might have missed the post in this thread where I agreed that Mr A is using an age old tactic.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Your posts are a bit creepy and condescending.

This is the reality of the situation.

In your opinion.

Tell him off, ninecrimes.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Thank you for acknowledging my mind reading ability.

Please answer the questions in the posts.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by jd140]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Can you provide the link to ISRAELI LAW concerning Quds day then? You said that there is a law. Well, there is not.
You mix up with Nakba issue.
Edit:
Happy Yule day.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by chips

Your posts are a bit creepy and condescending.

This is the reality of the situation.

In your opinion.

Tell him off, ninecrimes.

My posts are on topic

The topic is actually about an Israeli Newspaper politicizing a poorly sourced quote from a religious ceremony/sermon taking place inside of Iran.

Why do I believe no one from the Israeli Newspaper was actually in attendance and an Islamic worship service?

I guess you could call it a wild hunch.

Why do I believe the translation from Farsi to English is problematic, only from what people who speak both languages tell me.

So there you have it.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

They didn't have to be there.

It was broadcasted live over state radio.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

It's to early for Yule, but I will have you know the 'real' Jews in my community have invited me to their Shul to celebrate the High Holidays as opposed to the 'virtual' Jews who would like to launch a preemptive strike on me for my desire to have peace break out everywhere.

I know this whole notion of peace represents a real danger!

Your Google isn't working today? Topic is what an Israeli Newspaper poorly sourced and translated as being said at a prayer service inside of Iran no one from the actual Newspaper attended.

Could we get back on topic now?

Deflection is simply not in anyone's best interest, and war and violence is in no one's best interest no matter how conditioned one has been made to romanticize and glorify it.

[edit on 18/9/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join