It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin calls for more US concessions in follow-up to missile U-turn

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Who would've guessed?!?

And, expect Obama to continue the capitulation and appeasement.

Vladimir Putin, Russia’s prime minister, on Friday said the Obama administration’s decision to scrap plans for a missile defence shield in Europe was a positive step – but warned that he now expects other concessions by the US to follow.

In his first public comments since the US announced its decision on missile defence on Thursday, Mr Putin said he now expected the US to back a bid by Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan to join the World Trade Organisation.

www.ft.com...

Prediction: Obama pushes for Russian trade initiative."

But what is the "trade initiative?"

“I expect that after this correct and brave decision, others will follow,” Mr Putin said in a speech in the Black Sea resort of Sochi. The measures should include “the complete removal of all restrictions on the transfer of high technology to Russia”, he said.

Oh. So instead of having Russia steal our innovation, Obama will just give it to them!

How comforting.

How "even tempered."

jw

[edit on 18-9-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

S&F
Great find. We all saw this coming though. All throughout the election process, his "appeasement" issues were a source of contention.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
We all no Obama is a pacifist, this guy will be a one hit wonder, Selling our Allies down the river. Wait and see Iran will be embolden and its only a matter of time before a nuke going off at there bomb ranges.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Just a thought. . . .

Will this change the theme, or the approach to the G20 summit in Philli?

Will he just sit back and sell out the rest of the country? I mean, he had no problem with eastern europe.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

It didn't take long, did it?

Expect Venezuela, Cuba, Iran and DPRK to add to the list of "demands."

China? They've never been afraid, they'll just be emboldened to go further.

Just a thought. . . .

Will this change the theme, or the approach to the G20 summit in Philli?

Will he just sit back and sell out the rest of the country? I mean, he had no problem with eastern europe.

Expect to see the dollar flushed down the toilet at G20.

Expect BRIC to push for US commitments at Copenhagen and to strengthen their defiance to participation.

BRIC will NOT "capitulate."

We are now, correctly, perceived as a "weak sister" internationally.

Allies see that we will renege on our promises. (What? Obama break a 'promise'?)

Enemies see that we have no principle. (read: "spine")

So, having screwed up US industry, finance, tax and energy policy, and health care, Obma now turns to destroying our international credibility.

What's next? Our Secretary of State quitting?

Just wondering ... .

jw

[edit on 18-9-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

"Chains you can believe in."

And George Soros (et al) is going to be selling short on the american dollar, make billions more, and laugh at us all the way to the bank.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

You know with Clinton being sidelined you have to wonder if she will resign in protest over Obamas retardation? I keep hearing she is going to make a 2012 run.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Isn't this exactly what the EU deserves? Why should we spend another dime on those wretches? Let a nuke fall on one of their Utopian cities and listen to the wail of despair. Really, how much am I supposed to care about a bunch of people that dont care enough to protect themselves?

They want it? Give it to 'em... Oh, they don't? Take the capabilities we've developed away...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I kind of like what Obama is doing there.
We need to trade stuff and stop keeping secrets.
We don't need another war or another cold war with any country...we need more diplomacy and less paranoia.
I think thats a good step to take...why would we have anything against Russia anyways?
Why do you want people to fear the US?
Peace is essential to our existance as a whole.
Its not weak to shake hands,its weak when you want to keep someone scared of you or better yet punch them in the face without talking about the problem.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Rumors are she's already looking at getting her senate seat back and she's frustrated with her position's lack of influence.

I wouldn't rule out 2012. Honestly she was supposed to have it in 2008, but something somewhere somehow happened. Can't put my finger on it though...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I'm amazed that anyone seriously takes what Putin says, for the face value. Most if not all of his statements are for internal consumption (i.e. for Russian citizenry) and sure he won't hesitate to exploit anything and everything to appear strong and powerful. He needs that now more than ever, with economic situation in Russia being pretty bleak.

Ignore Putin.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Unilateral concessions that COST the US consumer (Copenhagen, cap & trade) or weaken our defenses (capitulation on nuclear proliferation, missiles defense) are NOT "diplomacy."

"Diplomatic relations" implies (actually, depends upon) negotiation. When the US is willing to concede on every issue to others, we are not being "diplomatic."

It is not even good business.

It has nothing to do with instilling fear. It has everything to do with upholding principles and commitment to promises.

If you have no principles, and cannot be trusted to do what you say you will, then you will become an outcast, an outsider, be run over roughshod.

I hope we "negotiate" one day.
My starting position: I want everthing you have for nothing in return.

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
To those that have brought it up, I started a thread a while back about Hillary quitting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-cheers-

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

You know I was too shocked by the "just give it all away" statement to even reply to it. Thank you sir.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Its called "Making Friends".. something the US forgot about completely for the past two decades.

Barack Obama with these moves has made the world a safer place and probably won support from Russia to place these sanctions on Iran.

But it seems that most of you only see him as giving "Concessions" to other countries. FFS, this is what countries and people do. Just because you're not used to seeing it doesn't mean its not the right thing to do.

After all this, the US, NATO and Russia will join into a new strategic partnership and become allies.. What would the US do with Russia and the EU as allies.. ?

Sleep a little easier at night.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by serph

I wouldn't rule out 2012. Honestly she was supposed to have it in 2008, but something somewhere somehow happened. Can't put my finger on it though...

Back in 2004, I predicted that a Hillary/Obama ticket would be unbeatable and would lead to achievement of a far-reaching liberal agenda.

Instead, we got a liberal shambles. Hillary has to be frustrated to no end. If her constituents knew then what we know today, the Democratic primary would've been "no contest."

Obama "faked right, moved left," and look what happened.

When Obama's promises to ACORN and the unions are the ONLY ones he's kept, many of his "base" (and all of Hillary's) are becoming disillusioned.

Weak foreign policy and an extreme left domestic policy send clear signals to the rest of the world that this administration will focus on transforming the United States and let the international community fend for itself.

Didn't all the Bush-haters complain about "unilateralism?" "Isolationism?"

Where are they now?

jw

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

You do know that I was being sarcastic in that post? LOL

I think all the bush haters have drunk the kool-aid and are too far gone to see the forest.

Anyone with half a brain could have seen what was going on in the primaries. Notice I said anyone with half a brain. It is analogous to those people who go interview for a job and BS their way into to something that they are underqualified for when you had all the qualifications but were rejected. Only because you couldn't sell yourself the way they did.

Every political move that she did prior to 08 was geared for a nomination for the presidency. Now she's been moved to a position that has little influence and she is rightly frustrated. Though I would never underestimate the Clintons. They have lots of friends... lots.

As far as the trade deal is concerned on the face, this looks weak and bad for our country as whole. But... we are dealing with politicians here and they are game players. It makes me wonder what was offered under the table by the Russians, which we will never know. Stranger deals have been brokered in the past (then again I may be giving more credit than is due here). Time will tell. It might be more informative to listen to what is not talked about anymore by the Russians than what is.

Just my jaded two cents.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
Oh. So instead of having Russia steal our innovation, Obama will just give it to them!

how about a shared system with joint technology not aimed at protecting the US and her allies but all of Europe?

www.nydailynews.com...

this is starting to sound like a set up. let's see if we can't mess with the new guy's head and get him to commit to things.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Well, those who say "concessions", get this:

On Friday, the Interfax news quoted an unnamed Russian military-diplomatic source as saying that the Russians had backed off a threat to deploy short-range missiles to a site near Poland if the U.S. moved ahead with the Bush missile defense plan.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

And there's our give and take.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join