It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what they adveritse_THIS is what you GET!!WTF?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I am so sick and tired of false advertising here in South Africa! This is just the last straw...Last night, my boyfriend and I decided to spoil ourselves and get some Take out. To our surprise we got this! So, we sent in a complaint to the Steers website that read-

I would like to forward a picture of the food that we are receiving here in Hermanus. Then you wonder why Kentucky Fried Chicken is so busy because what you see is what you get. They advertise greasy chicken burgers, and people go and buy greasy chicken burgers. You on the other hand, advertise an out of this world experience, but all you get is a box of sloppy disappointment. When you are expecting a glowing sensation coming from inside the bright purple packaging. I almost feel you have spent more money on the packaging than the actual burger... DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT please….!!!!
Could you please explain to me how the quality of food gets to this?

We took the advertised burger compared with the one we got, and made them a pretty picture.And sent it along with the complaint

Seriously, WTF??? I wouldn't eat that if you paid me. Makes me want to puke just looking at it!!! F*#*in' Disgusting...

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
believe me its probably the same everywhere,here in bulgarian macdonalds they show these sandwiches with LOTS STUFF,BIG SANDWICHES.and when i get it its like a little piece of cr*p. how ARE THE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE SELLING?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

Yeah, it's bullsh*t.. I'm going to make a pic with comparisons like the one above of every 'major' take out place/ franchise. Email it to them and If I don't get any feedback from them I'm going to circulate those pics on every site I can find.
They cannot say anything about it because they are REALLY serving this crap to people.
Thing is, steers is one of the most expensive take out places here and that makes it worse. I hate being ripped off.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

I notice how they hold the sandwiches in McDonald's commercials. They hold them in such a way to make them look much bigger than what one gets.

The specialty seems to be using optical illusion type tricks now that they cannot overtly lie anymore.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Maybe if people stop ordering garbage they'll stop producing it.. ??

But no, they'll only turn more of a profit, and so they will continue to downgrade their swill.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The reality of the situation is that the food in the Ad needs to be appealing.
I personally don't worry about the visuals. I'm more concerned with the food value. That's while I don't eat in fast food places often. Both versions just look like A stack of fat and empty carbs to me. If you go to fine restaurant you expect a good presentation.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Wha ha!!! Hillarious, that pretty much summes up our reaction when we opened up the bright purple box!

Thanks for the laugh!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

That's the thing, I like to think I'm pretty healthy, we rarely get takeout. Mainly I'm paranoid about strange people handling my food.
The off chance we do decide to, we get this.
It's just the princeple, and the fact that they overspend on advertising. They should put more energy and care into the product.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Yeah so true jinx...

I'm at the point now I would rather just make my own,which by the are awesome. hehehe.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
xaxaxxa what a funny video,hey jinx if u ned help spreading the word just provide me the pics..ill be sure to sprea them xD

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The answer is simple.....

don't be a "consumer" of fast food.

Make your own burgers if you want one or go and see what you're buying before you order and pay.

Your story doesn't surprise me but even if it had looked like the great burger when you recieved it doesn't mean it's any healthier for you than the one you got.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
My sweetheart and I make our own fast food.

We buy good quality ground beef for him and ground turkey for me.

After adding onions and other good stuff we mix our meat and make patties and put them in the freezer.

I don't eat beef so that's why I make turkey burgers.

This has worked out very well for us when we are in a hurry. And it doesn't take but a few minutes to nuke a baked potato to add to the sandwich.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Yeah, it is just the same here in the US. In the commercials you see the food all fixed up to look as appetizing as possible, but when you go the the fast food restraunt itself... Well you get food that is slopped together.

It is all about marketing. They show a fancy looking product to get you into their store, and apparently it worked.

The truth is that the food at these places are thrown together as quickly as possible in order to get the food to you as quick as possible. In doing so the food will undoubtebly look quite un-appatizing.

What one has to remember is that if you are looking for quality then turn away from fast food and never look back. If you are looking for convenient,cheap and fast then head to your local McDonalds.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Ha, yeah..the good thing is, we have to drive 40 min to get to the closest Mc Donalds! And that's over the mountain..I'm glad though, I don't think my sise 2 but would last a month if Mc D's was closer than that. lol.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I make burgers on occasion but am usually frustrated because the patties fall apart....
Any advice? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong though, I bind it with egg, and bread socked in some milk. I also add grated onion, tomato, and babymarrows. Still, they fall apart in the pan.
???

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

Ha, will do..I had to resize the size the image above to less than half the original size. When I do get takeout again, will do the same and we can spread the word!!!

join