It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Watch; USA,UK,France,Israel-vs-Russia,China, Iran... aka WW 3

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
As one of the other poster's noted, not as long as Obamarama is around will war take place.........so will he be around much longer?

Russia scraps missile placement after Barack Obama dismantles shield
www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

RUSSIA has shelved a plan to place Iskander missiles in its Baltic exclave Kaliningrad after the US yesterday dropped its scheme for a missile shield in eastern Europe.

Iskander missiles would not be positioned in Kaliningrad, a military source told the Interfax news agency last night: "Undoubtedly, Washington's cancellation of its missile defence facilities will not remain unnoticed. The array of measures planned in response to the deployment of the missile defence sites in Europe will be frozen, and possibly completely cancelled," the source added.

The source specified one key measure being frozen was a plan to place short-range Iskander missiles in Russia's westernmost Kaliningrad exclave, next to EU members Poland and Lithuania.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Is their anybody on this thread other than Americans making random speculations about this situation?

I've seen a comment from someone from Australia.

It would be nice to see a perspective from an armchair strategist who isn't American.

Infact just disregard this stupid comment.

[edit on 19/9/09 by Kram09]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I've been curious about that as well and it seems most of us "Yanks" are a little to eager to talk about this subject matter. I've thrown my two cents in as to why it isn't going to happen, but I could swear I heard crickets. Oh well.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I have to admit, I've been following a particular thread of thought for the last year regarding a series of exercises we have been carrying out with our allies here in the UK..

Namely the Joint Warrior operations.. 08 and 09 that cover Scottish waters and Welsh military ranges. Joint warrior 08 ran 100 sortes a day, and covered Wales, also earth quakes were reported (3.4 on the righter scale) that were later attributed to the Ministry of Defence.

08 objectives: take out a sovereign nation that supports terrorism
09 objectives: covering multiple sovereign nations and a terrorist organisation.

and Taurus 09
Part of the UK amphibious task force, practising landing Marines of all nations in the Med, Arabia Sea, Indian Ocean and far east, and working with our allies in those areas to perfect working in harmony at landing and supporting those troops.

Why would Saudi Marines need to practice sea borne landing assaults alongside UK forces?

Although this has been billed as a routine exercise it is the first of this size in 10 years

However when all these exercises are pooled together (and I am guessing with ones I know nothing about) it seems to be one long training program to land troops and take out a single or multiple sovereign nations.

So why would we in the UK need that capability?

That also begs the question Why, when we in the UK are struggling to support our troops in Afghanistan, which is a land locked nation, are we preparing an invasion force that can only be used with a nation that actually has a coastline.

[edit on 19/9/09 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I mean i know people probably don't mean to, but we talk about any possible war as if it is a game or a football match.

I just hope a war doesn't happen.

Not to sound all righteous or anything, but i think that's the way it is.
We sit in front of our computers typing away as if we know everything that's going on or as if we have the ear of the President and world leaders.

In reality we don't really know anything and can only make hypothetical guesses and theories.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

That's interesting.

But they will seriously have to come up with something good if the people are going to support yet another war, especially in the UK.

[edit on 19/9/09 by Kram09]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin
WW3 won't happen for years. It would be a sure suicide for the West. You have Russia, China, India, Pakistan, North Korea, Iran and the Muslim world vs U.S. U.K. Israel and NATO. It is far too dangerous for the West to start anything without at least trying to ruin the relationship between those powers mentioned. Though the U.S. does have strategic locations throughout the world for attack, North Korea would attack the South to unite Korea, China would bomb Taiwan if the opportunity is there, but also Japan would be possibly harmed as well, India and Pakistan could take the chance to take out the U.S. out of Afghanistan and out of the Middle East, Iran can attack Israel, WHICH would also give a golden opportunity for the Muslim world to attack Israel, Russia could take anyone, given that we do not know there capabilities truly. Countries in South America could also see opportunities for attack each other or the U.S.

The U.S. will not let it happen until they can attack those countries from the inside and bring them down, then attack from the outside.

It will not happen. It is all propaganda and hype - once again. And let us not forget that it is not countries that declare wars - it is the elites of those countries who do so.

Good argument

They are in a sh*t-strom if they attack Iran.....

Too deadly a move.....

But the Jews are that damn insecure and thisrty for Jeruslem that it could happen.....

They better strike super quick and super hard otherwise a few boms will be comign Tel Aviv's way, if you knwo what I mean.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I quite agree, it would need a major shift for the UK population to be behind a war, especially if it was another Muslim country considering the feelings that might raise.

However I do feel that the war rhetoric is being dumbed down in the UK, it's almost as if the press if reporting things that are happening in the world as tho they are nothing to do with the UK.. as tho we are some kind of spectator, yet our forces are out their practising assaulting Sovereign nations and we are the ones organising the exercises!

I only hope they get the asters on the type 45s working soon.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
reply to post by December_Rain

Hi, great points, but have You heard of BLOC?[

I have heard about Eastern/Soviet BLOC as it's known I am aware recently India joined Russia BLOC for nuclear cooperation. But that still doesn't mean India will side with Russia at all in any scenario of World War or with US. It was USA that ended that Nuclear isolation of India only after which India was able to sign Nuclear agreement with Russia and India has not forgotten that.
Here is an article I was able to find in relation:
India set to join Russia-based nuclear research body

In my opinion India is more focused on developing itself and it's citizens atm rather than getting involved with warfare. The current Prime Minister Mr. ManMohan Singh is more involved in getting better relations with World Power Houses such as USA, Russia, China etc to help grow it's economy and people.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

It's because we are detached from the battlefield and many of us believe that we could be the next Patton or Rommel.

Seriously, the detachment is probably the most dangerous thing. It makes it easier to sell the war to us. We don't know what's really involved in what would be called WW3. We only have the history channel for combat footage from WW2. Rest assured that if another world war were to happen it would be markedly different from what we have seen on the screen. As evident in some of these posts, I don't think people have a true grasp on how different, which is why i hope and pray it never comes to pass.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I also cannot believe that people do not know what is going on the India/China border in the last few weeks.

We have had shootings, threats, incursions, and massive buildups on both sides.

www.worldpoliticsreview.com...

www.indianexpress.com...

www.theage.com.au...

online.wsj.com...

www.bharat-rakshak.com...

www.worldpoliticsreview.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
There will be no WW3, it's all a game of fear conjured up by our N.W.O masters. The only war that may happen, will come when the sleeping populous of this world awakens to the tyranny of it's masters!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mtok7

Thank you for that comment. Though I haven't been convinced of the NWO concept as my understanding of human beings believes they tend toward chaos and therefore this plan would have unraveled as soon as it got started, I do believe in distractions on a national level. Maybe this thread should be titled "What are they distracting us with now?".

Face it. In order to sell the defense budget and the actions of the government, they need a devil. We got rid of Saddam and Bin Laden's effect on the population is waning. Some believe that he is either dead or made up entirely. As I said we need a devil to distract from the rampant lies and fraud that has made up our financial and yes political landscape. America doesn't understand this as it goes against our beliefs that we could be lied to by people that are supposed to have our interest at heart and taken to the cleaners by people that were supposed to keep our money safe. We as a people can't comprehend that something like that could have occurred as it implies a complete shift in our beliefs as a nation (as well as that nagging sense of betrayal), but we as a people can wrap our heads around an aggressor or perceived threat to our American way of life. Not to mention our American way of life has been trashed in the last 30 years not by war, but by greed and avarice. We as Americans can't wrap our heads around that as it has been subtle. So using smoke and mirrors we have an aggressor put in our face whether it be Putin, China, Chavez or Iran. The effect will be the same. Galvanize Americans in the face of a new threat and take their attention from the BS that is occurring on the home front. It seems to be working as we are talking about it still.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Israel wants Iran free of S-300 for 'future operations'

Amidst Iran's quest for acquiring the advanced S-300 air defense system, an Israeli military official says every effort should be made to stop the defense system from reaching countries where Israeli air force may need to operate....

"We need to make every effort to stop this system from getting to places where the IAF needs to operate or may need to operate in the future," he added.

Link

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

How ridiculous!

No sorry you can't have these defence systems, because we may have to fly by and blow your country up!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

It's clear to me that Obama will do nothing about Iran.
Hillary Clinton will say this and that but just words.
I can hear the excuse already. "Well, we have our hands full
with Afghanistan!"
If Putin were to put together a 6 million man army and just
surge the whole army to Saudia Arabia, then Obama would
just sit back and watch. Obama might send an email to France
but that's about it.

All that oil would be an economic boom for Russia.
Jobs....Jobs.....Jobs...and wealth for Putin $$$.
If China finds out, they might get jealous and send a 200 Million
man army to meet the Russian army in Iraq.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

It's clear to me that Obama will do nothing about Iran.
Hillary Clinton will say this and that but just words.
I can hear the excuse already. "Well, we have our hands full
with Afghanistan!"
If Putin were to put together a 6 million man army and just
surge the whole army to Saudia Arabia, then Obama would
just sit back and watch. Obama might send an email to France
but that's about it.

All that oil would be an economic boom for Russia.
Jobs....Jobs.....Jobs...and wealth for Putin $$$.
If China finds out, they might get jealous and send a 200 Million
man army to meet the Russian army in Iraq.

If Putin were to put together a 6 million man army I think he'd raise the suspicions of the whole world. That's a lot of training and equipment. It's not like he's going to train 6 million people in some underground facility and then just spring into action to the shock and awe of the U.S., China, UK, India, etc, etc.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

The crud is going on any ways; I'd like to stay on top of it, rather than ignore it. I can totally see where Your coming from.

reply to post by December_Rain

I agree with You in many ways as far as wanting economic growth; I don't think to many want war... some do

Sorry about the word BLOC............I meant BRIC Brasil, Russia, India, China. You can read about them here:

alainet.org...&lang=es

en.wikipedia.org...
Israeli Air Force Chief: We must stop S-300 delivery from every country that would want to defend itself from Israeli attack
www.sott.net... Israeli-attack

The article is amazing. If You want defense systems You are an enemy of Israel.

reply to post by serph

excellent points, and the reason I think it is important to stay on top of the situation.

I saw that too, and I guess am adding it again. It is absolutely insane; thanks for finding it

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by really

Putin would raise suspicions but that's it.
Hillary Clinton would say a few words but who cares?
Putin would laugh at her and Obama.
I think he is laughing right now.
Nobody would actually do anything.
Just think about.
Putin runs down there in record time.
The United Nations would condemn the action but who cares?
------------------------------------------------------------------
A perfect storm for paralysis is brewing for the USA.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
US Spec Ops operates psywar websites targeted at UK
www.theregister.co.uk...

The secretive US Special Operations Command (SOCOM) has awarded arms globocorp General Dynamics a $10m contract to set up a network of psychological-warfare "influence websites" supporting the Global War On Terror. France and Britain are specifically included as "targeted regions".

Found this interesting; as We draw closer to war, more, and more of us will be targeted for "indoctrination".

And who profits from a war?

During my 20 years in corporate communications and public affairs, I participated in the steady growth and influence of largely invisible persuasion -- and at a time when newsrooms are shrinking and investigative journalism seems to be vanishing. The number of P.R. people long ago surpassed the number of working journalists in this country. And that ratio of P.R. people to reporters will continue to grow. The clear winners as this shift occurs are big, rich corporations and other special interests. The losers are average Americans, most of whom are completely unaware how their thoughts and actions are being manipulated to achieve corporate goals on Capitol Hill.

LINK The Big Corporations, the Military Industrial Complex

-----------

Starred and flagged pal!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join