It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Watch; USA,UK,France,Israel-vs-Russia,China, Iran... aka WW 3

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Not combat experienced? Have you heard of the worst off nation in the world Chechnya? It is a barbaric training ground for troops. Russians regularly get posted there. Its not a 'traditional' style but they still get bullets flying at them from unseen. Other countries use it to...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

How the hell could the US win anything? All they have are those boneheaded rednecks whose only thing they've got going for them are their excellent country good looks and oozing American male machismo. You need brains to win a war, dude.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Russia has an awesome avionics industry and great space program. They have more nukes than the US. I've been over this with many people here at ATS before. The Russians have what? 145 Million people compared to the USs 375 million.

They control the largest land mass on the planet. They border two nuclear armed population giants. India and China. This isn't the former Soviet Union combined with the Eastern Warsaw pact countries also throwing their numbers into the Frey.

The Russians lost a huge chunk of their armor and material when the Union broke up and fragmented their overwhelming armored forces. Russian forces took a beating in Afghanistan to the tune of 18.000+ if it wasn't for their recent action in Georgia I would have said they were a paper tiger. They can fight. But in any scenario we wouldn't be fighting them on their terms nor would we fight them the same way the Germans or Napoleon did.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
You need brains to win a war, dude.

We took the stupidity into account when designing our armed forces.

To compensate for the decreasing intelligence of the soldier, we began to make our weapons smarter.

*Also, Stupid (yet well-trained) soldiers are far more likely to follow orders unquestioningly than are intelligent soldiers.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
reply to post by Dermo

How the hell could the US win anything? All they have are those boneheaded rednecks whose only thing they've got going for them are their excellent country good looks and oozing American male machismo. You need brains to win a war, dude.

Have you ever been in the armed services?

Are you speaking from experiences or just talking out of your backside? It seems to me that you just like to take jabs. Knowing that your butt is sitting behind your computer screen nice and safe.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slay, the thing I am thinking about is the diverse infrastructure that has been built. Russia lost much as You stated, but could much of that which was lost been the fat; so as to speak??? Excess baggage needing to come off?

The overall numbers You are correct, but their military is similar in size to Ours. They out number us in many facets, but is matched similarly in different areas........just like a great Chess Game. However, where they have a grand strategic advantage is OIL, I say again Black Gold... The USA needs a bunch of it, and don't produce very much. The Russians moderate what they use, and produce mucho.

As far as the fortitude of People, I would have to say the Russian People are a hardier bunch; which would bleed over to their military. The former Soviet Republic was no cake walk, and the 90's were a living nightmare for many. The entire Russian Population imho have the 1000m stare.

Also, another consideration is the many Chinese, and Russian Nationals living throughout the World. It would be super easy for "sleeper cells" to have infiltrated the US, or other countries of interest; with set orders of subversion set to be carried out upon USA aggression. I don't think that's to far off an idea.

reply to post by Exuberant1

You made me remember a report that was released through the Freedom Of Information Act around two years ago. It was funded, and produced for the Cheney gang back in the late 60's, and early 70's. The entire report was how to dumb down a society in less than 30 years, and produce a basic society which would be able to function as a competent military, but with little other regard...................... I'll need to look it up, but it's real.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
As far as the fortitude of People, I would have to say the Russian People are a hardier bunch; which would bleed over to their military. The former Soviet Republic was no cake walk, and the 90's were a living nightmare for many. The entire Russian Population imho have the 1000m stare.

Well that depends really how you look at it. As I said before we wouldn't be fighting them like the Germans or the French did that means we wouldn't be kicking in the doors on their western front etc. Yes they are a hardy people never said they weren't. What I am saying is that many here believe in the Big Russian Bear. Meanwhile everybody spouts the cold war is over.

Well which is it? I mean Russia does not have nor could it now mount the overwhelming numbers they once could. Not to mention they do not have their eastern Warsaw pact countries to lend their support.

If you are talking about somebody who is foolish enough to invade Russia yeah well that's a given. But why is it in all these West vs East scenarios it's the US invading them as apposed to an even battlefield out in the open and let the numbers and technology of each side decide and stop trying to fight WWIII like WWII was fought.

Russian equipment didn't fair that well in Gulf War-1.

Yes I know they have made some advancements.
So have we since then.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Your right, I am not trying to argue, or play sides as to absolute superiority. Simple mistakes can either win, or loose the battle....battles make the war...

The initial concept of the thread was War Watch. It really should stay there; someone suggested making this an ongoing thread for continued postings mirroring increased tensions. I guess that would be up to the other members.

This reminds me of watching heavyweight boxing. The fight is in the promotions stage. The boxers are getting warmed up, and the fight is on the way. Who will win?? Maybe it is a decision left to fate.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Oh no arguing here either. I was just throwing stuff out there. Here is some lite reading for you if you haven't read them yet. Actually I would like your take on them U2U when and if you finish them

Thanks
Slay

The New Great Game

Iranian revolt Explained - Wake Up!

[edit on 19-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The USA better be careful re looking to much into the FED and being led by there noses.

1811: The charter for the Rothschilds Bank of the United States runs out and Congress votes against its renewal. Nathan Mayer Rothschild is not amused and he states,

"Either the application for renewal of the charter is granted, or the United States will find itself involved in a most disastrous war."
"Teach those impudent Americans a lesson. Bring them back to colonial status."
"If my sons did not want wars, there would be none."

Please don't fall for it again! Identify your real enemies.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Absolutely outstanding; okay, I just wanted to make sure all was happy! Sorry to disappear, but I had to go pick my Captain up from town. Me, and Captain Morgan have settled in nicely
We like it "neat", and dry

I will be looking at the links You left shortly.

reply to post by spannera

You've brought another interesting point into this thread; that of the shadow govts., and the Power Broker's, or puppeteers controlling it all. I think that is a lot of what We are seeing currently going on.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
The USA is going to war with China, Russia & Iran? Not to mention wars in progress? With what resources? The USA is BROKE. Also, without China the USA would be plunged into 3rd world status.. an apocalyptic shanty town at the least. Wow.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by reasonable]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones

:

This is true. I live in a part of Queens where many ex-soviet countrymen now reside. Russians, Ukrainians, Georgians, etc.
Generally speaking, Russians, in particular, are a tough lot. Their country has historically been raided over and over again and it must have toughened their people up. They're also, by and large, pretty dang smart, IMO.

Edit for spelling.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by really]

[edit on 19-9-2009 by really]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I think this thread is very humourous!!!

For those big guys(such like US,Russia,China), "Keep Balance" is the first thing.

In simple words, they are some relationships like "competer+corporator" .

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
The USA is going to war with China, Russia & Iran? Not to mention wars in progress? With what resources? The USA is BROKE. Also, without China the USA would be plunged into 3rd world status.. an apocalyptic shanty town at the least. Wow.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by reasonable]

I think this is TRUE!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I appologize for commenting on this post without reading it. I just got off work and am tired. However, by reading the first paragraph i just want to say that as much money as china recieves from U.S. companies who have taken their buisness to China, i doubt they will enter any war with us. As much as i dont want war, i think the only way we will be a strong nation again is if we did go to war with China. By going to war with China it would force the big buisnesses to bring their manufacturing jobs back to the U.S. and thus bring back all of the jobs weve lost to china.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

The only smart war for Putin would be to take over Saudi Arabia.
Lots of oil for Putin.
Obama would just send a complaint to the United Nations.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

The only smart war for Putin would be to take over Saudi Arabia.
Lots of oil for Putin.
Obama would just send a complaint to the United Nations.

No he wouldn't, he would outsource our defense to China

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Thatsbunk

I do wish it were that easy, but the US owes China hundreds of billions of US Dollars due to big business going over there. The Chinese have been taking these IOU's, or the treasury notes, and been buying up different aspects of the USA left, and right. They are using the treasury notes as an assured collateral.......... The thought is they are getting as much as they can out of the dollar quietly; before anyone notices. When the dollar drops they simply quit paying their loans on what they've bought in the USA, and give the lenders the collateral treasury notes, or forfeit them; in the end keeping what was bought with Our debt. I'm afraid it is a very serious place the US Govt. has left most of us over time.

reply to post by Eurisko2012

I cannot think of it off the top of my head, but Saudi has been doing a bunch of business with Russia the last year or so.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Land, specifically natural resources are going to mean A LOT in the next 20-50 years. Russia has an EXTREME advantage in this regard over China and India. But let's look at Canada. Talk about one of the biggest land masses int he world and a tiny population. WHOA! The US has Alaska but we also have a rather large population. I'd say a good part of Russia and Canada is still very pristine. Much of the USA east of the Mississippi is polluted and crisscrossed with roads etc. There is still a vast expanse of land out West but Alaska is really our true big land mass of resources etc. The world is changing whether we like it or not. US is hanging on by our fingertips right now clinging to our military power to secure our current world dominance. We better learn how to get along with everyone else. If war with Iran breaks out it will be the nail in the coffin on my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join