reply to post by Pathos

It's easy to own a gun but hard to fire one at somebody
of cource these minios that served at high ranks as presidents or PM
were placed there for wars and only wars and not for peace
look at Ghandi to seek peace leaders

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arkansas
This is real simple. THE USA CAN NOT AFFORD THE WAR MACHINE.

Very good point!

Obama has definitely hit the ball back to many courts in the way he's used this though. The fact that one of the major issues between Russia and the US has been removed. The fact that one of the corner stones of the US's defensive strategy against a future 'nuclear Iran' has been removed. The fact that he has made a direct move away from Bush foreign policy. Plus he is fronting up to those people who go down to their local town halls to debate healthcare, wearing gun's, again. Brave man or sacrificial lamb?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by serph

Maybe I wasn't clear in my original post. Even though the United States cannot afford another war (financially and diplomatically), that does not mean that another country will not attack.

Since I do not subscribe to sociology, I do not see the world as one big unit. I see everyone as individuals who have a unique interpretation of events.

Sure, other countries are affected by our economic success; however, they may not share in our views of the world. Many wars have been fought over the lack of resources.

War does not stop for the sick, dying, elderly, or poverty of a people. If an outside invader knocks on our door, we would have no other alternative but to defend ourselves. Our other option is surrender.

As long as there are men and women to be drafted, we will always have the means to defend our country.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I hope people dont have to be drafted as much i am willing you fight for my country for what ever reason, i dont want to lose my friends and family.

theres already a generation on men being lost lets not continue

Let hope things stay peaceful.

Would anyone care for a guess on the percent of isreal actually gonig to war with iran and allies being drafted to help out.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

Good point and I have to say I reread your post and I get what you meant by it now. No harm right? plus it's a good debate and that's always healthy.

I wasn't getting into the socio implications only the economics of the matter. So I give you that yes anyone can start a war based on the aspects you outlined in your last post. The real question is will they? And will they base it solely on that alone? Will they also think on the ramifications on such action?

The last question above leads to this. If we are to entertain the theory of a third world war, in what way could you get the US involved on a third front and get the rest of the world in on it too and keep it from going to a full out nuclear exchange? Big question there with a lot of speculative answers. Maybe that should be a topic of another thread. LOL

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by serph

Its not your fault. I didn't flesh out my answer the right way.

"what way could you get the US involved on a third front and get the rest of the world in on it too and keep it from going to a full out nuclear exchange?" - serph
That is a tough question. I personally cannot answer this question. Since I am only taking the word of MSNBC (our reputation in the world is tarnished), I could only speculate on possibly inaccurate assumption made by a news media. Maybe someone more informed than I am can answer your question.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
WW3 won't happen for years. It would be a sure suicide for the West. You have Russia, China, India, Pakistan, North Korea, Iran and the Muslim world vs U.S. U.K. Israel and NATO. It is far too dangerous for the West to start anything without at least trying to ruin the relationship between those powers mentioned. Though the U.S. does have strategic locations throughout the world for attack, North Korea would attack the South to unite Korea, China would bomb Taiwan if the opportunity is there, but also Japan would be possibly harmed as well, India and Pakistan could take the chance to take out the U.S. out of Afghanistan and out of the Middle East, Iran can attack Israel, WHICH would also give a golden opportunity for the Muslim world to attack Israel, Russia could take anyone, given that we do not know there capabilities truly. Countries in South America could also see opportunities for attack each other or the U.S.

The U.S. will not let it happen until they can attack those countries from the inside and bring them down, then attack from the outside.

It will not happen. It is all propaganda and hype - once again. And let us not forget that it is not countries that declare wars - it is the elites of those countries who do so.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by serph

The last question above leads to this. If we are to entertain the theory of a third world war, in what way could you get the US involved on a third front and get the rest of the world in on it too and keep it from going to a full out nuclear exchange? Big question there with a lot of speculative answers. Maybe that should be a topic of another thread. LOL

There we have the proof (circumstantial though it may be) that all this geo-politcal dramas are staged. The fact that real soldiers have to lose their lives in vast games orchestrated by TPTB is sick and saddening, of course, but let us focus on how Mutually Assured Destruction forces cooperation amongst the players of The Game.

If there is ever a WWIII w/o nukes, it will serve as definitive proof that it's all coordinated. If it comes down to nukes, we can eat Twinkies and tell the cockroaches how it turned out the world's nations were ACTUALLY in conflict with one another rather than united in the surpression of the masses.

link   

Originally posted by AgnosticX
When I start to look at things like this it tends to make me wonder if the mainstream media has perpetuated another lie here in the states that may be the underlying cause of some of these problems...

Maybe...

Just maybe...

Communism isn't dead.

I know that the majority of people believe that communism has been dead and gone for a while now, but if you look at the countries positioning themselves together doesn't it seem a tad odd that the former communists countries are all aligning themselves?

Its alive and well here in the U.S. , we elected "it" into power

[edit on 18-9-2009 by I_am_Spartacus]

link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

War? What war? Obama is all about "lets make a deal".
No wars.
Appease....appease....appease..........................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......
However, starting a war would create jobs.
FDR did that. WWII. The great depression ended.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin
WW3 won't happen for years. It would be a sure suicide for the West. You have Russia, China, India, Pakistan, North Korea, Iran and the Muslim world vs U.S. U.K. Israel and NATO. It is far too dangerous for the West to start anything without at least trying to ruin the relationship between those powers mentioned. Though the U.S. does have strategic locations throughout the world for attack, North Korea would attack the South to unite Korea, China would bomb Taiwan if the opportunity is there, but also Japan would be possibly harmed as well, India and Pakistan could take the chance to take out the U.S. out of Afghanistan and out of the Middle East,

Pakistan and India are not allies, they're enemies. Why would you think that India would side with Pakistan against the US?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Im sorry. these doomer threads get worse and worse...where is your evidence of any war talk? especially between china and russia and the U.S.?

i just want to know how they are going to create war when our militarys are conducting joint exercises...we are financially dependant on one another and our politicians have been in kahoots for decades...especially with china...

russia turned a corner long ago...you are extending and applying neo con cold war arguments that are no longer in the front of americans minds...if israel strikes iran, there may be some recourse, but to what extent? expecially if they are tactical and very limited strikes to the nuclear sites...

as long as oil continues to flow, there will be no war...sorry to dissapoint

if oil stops flowing, then i may entertain the idea...but wouldnt jump to any conclusions...who knows maybe the lame duck UN could get something done...
..ok ya..thats not gunna happen...

edit to fix reply

[edit on 18-9-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
With things going on like it is now, I don't really think that WW3 will be the same kind of war we had back with WW2, I think this time it will be really diffrent.

I mean even now we might already in the middle of WW3, or the other way round WW3 might not happend again at all, may be something else even worst will happend before that, or that humanity suddenly are united which I really dout.

^^

[edit on 18-9-2009 by BlackRosEmyth]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

Oh word thats awesome we have this in the bag I mean with Frances backing we are golden, those french sure know how to fight and win wars ...

It's not that the French are bad at fighting battles its just that the German army during the 2 world war were that good.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Although your points are valid in the OP you are as guilty as the MSM for contribution to the worlds current situation..

Why was this thread not called 'Peace Watch'?? , uk, u.s blah blah..

And although you join the dots well though current events and historical events it is not a given this will happen at all. infact the first average joe will know about WW3 is when the 2 minute warning hits the T.V

Why? coz if it was no one woulda listened ... and thats where the problem lies, until the average person bravely stands up and shouts PEACE PEACE!!
we will be forever drowned out by the calls for war.

The next war will be resource linked .. most are ...

People don't seem to realize 2 or 3 high yield Nukes ANYWHERE on the planet will spell doom for all.. and this is the biggest deterent.. M.A.D

russians love there children too just remember that....

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Thanks for the video; I'm off to watch it now, and the map is way cool. No doubt, Russia will be involved as will China. They are both being labeled as boogies by the US Govt. currently.

I tried to cover that in the OP, but there really is so much happening right now. As another poster noted; We are even creating a war scenario in South America.

reply to post by warrenb

Thanks, I appreciate Your added contribution to the thread

Hi everyone, I posted this late last night, and just got back; so I'll be reading away.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

thats a very fair response...

the thing is there are those who are so fearful they are willing to jump at any percieved indication that war is "imminent" or on teh horizon..

war has been imminent even before 9/11...but the fact remains the world has never been more united against war...but for religious motivations, political motivations, motivations spurred by fear people will continue until the end of time screaming doom and gloom...

its best to give more credence to the scholarly take and not the fringe.

But let me be honest and clear. It is good to have alarmists like the op in my opinion...because without them we may all fall into a haze of oblivious foolery...but sometimes it gets over done...especially through those three avenues previously mentioned.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by dallas18
here is Ahmadinejad denying the holocaust

*And stop abusing the H-card. Those poor people deserve better. Respect the memory of them, don't politicize it.

It seems to me that he's the politicizing it in this case.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

Brilliant post, friend.

I agree entirely with your line of thought.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

oh wow..what an excelent post..well done! Bravo...Hear here!

amen..hallelujia...praise be to allah and santa clause..

seriously, that has to be one of the best posts i have read in weeks..
thanks

can you flag a post? you should be able to.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join