It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Watch; USA,UK,France,Israel-vs-Russia,China, Iran... aka WW 3

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The system they are canceling would be for the US. Since the final stages of a missiles run are when its to late. Read below and think about all the test you have seen about the M. defense systems..

Boost Phase

Ballistic missiles are launched straight up. To lift many tons, a missile unleashes a massive, controlled explosion that creates flames hundreds of feet long and thousands of degrees hot. Missiles move relatively slowly through the lower atmosphere to minimize air resistance, and gather speed as they rise into thinner air and then into space. As the missile leaves the lower atmosphere, it tips in the direction of the target and gains speed. If the missile is being launched to maximum range, it will tip at an angle of 45 degrees, half its energy going to gain height (and therefore time aloft), the other to gain distance. The missile’s range depends on the ratio between the thrust generated by the engines and the weight that the thrust must overcome—and of course on the duration of the thrust. This means that any given missile’s range can vary tremendously. To lengthen the range of any given missile, just lighten the load. To shorten the range, either increase the load or fire the missile at an angle steeper than 45 degrees. If the missile has stages, the lower ones will drop off after they have burned their fuel, and lighten the load. At a designated point in space, the last engines shut off or burn out. The time between launch and engine burn out ranges from less than one minute to over five. Engine burn out ends Boost phase. From this point on, the laws of physics will carry what remains of the missile, as well as the payload, onto the vicinity of the target, no matter what.

As the missile floats to the top of its trajectory, the section that carries the payload, called the Post Boost Vehicle or ‘Bus,’ makes final adjustments to the course. During this time, missiles that carry multiple warheads spin off each warhead precisely in the direction of its individual target. They also deploy decoys—thin replicas of warheads, or foil balloons, the purpose of which is to give false targets to enemy radars. This is the Post-Boost phase. Multiple warheads mean that each missile can strike many targets and present many real threats with which ground based defenses must deal. Decoys force ground based defenses to face numerous false threats as well as real warheads. Post-boost vehicles can release large numbers of small sub munitions, instead of warheads and decoys. Each of these is a real threat to the target. High numbers of warheads overwhelm ground based defenses.

Midcourse Phase

As warheads, decoys, and the remains of the missile coast over the top of the ballistic arch, and until they reach the upper edges of the atmosphere above the target, they fall freely. As they do so they gradually spread apart along their individual ballistic paths. This, the longest part of the trajectory, is called Midcourse Phase. The warheads, etc. reach maximum speed at the end of midcourse phase, before atmospheric interference begins.

Terminal Phase

The terminal Phase begins as the first air molecules begin to slow down and then to heat and to burn up the thin decoys and the remains of the missile. The air slows and heats the warheads too. But they are armored against heat and pressure, so they get through the atmosphere. The range of the missile determines the angle at which warheads fall onto the target. Warheads from the longest range missiles arrive at shallow angles of little more than twenty degrees, while shorter range ones can come in at 45 degrees. The reason why warheads from the longest range missiles come in at the shallowest angles is that, because the earth over which they have traveled is curved, faraway targets lie on something like the reverse slope of a hill.

www.missilethreat.com...

[edit on 18/9/09 by Arkansas]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
. Not French bashing, I love all things French from the food to women to music and culture, but when it comes to waring they are a useless lot.

I thought this site was about denying ignorance.. not about letting propaganda created stereotypes determine your opinion of others.

The French held their Empire forcefully for an awful lot longer than your country was able to.. That makes them better warmongers in the bigger picture.

Just because they are more pacifist now means absolutely nothing.

And the whole WW2 thing is getting a bit old.. the Nazi's took them by surprise.

You could say the US is crap at war.. How many have they been in since WW2? And how many did they win?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Arkansas

And again first strike capability is nullified and MAD is maintained.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

And the wars we waged were waged with the mentality of the European theater, which was our first and fatal mistake. Asians and middle easterners do not think or wage war like the Europeans.

Seems a lot of people forgot about the French Underground in WWII. Highly effective fighters.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

I think France has far more experience fighting wars than the United States.

Didn't they help the U.S.A out in the War of Independence?

One word: Napoleon

Granted, he wasn't actually French, but still France managed to conquer almost the whole of Europe.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is real simple. THE USA CAN NOT AFFORD THE WAR MACHINE.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

War Watch; USA,UK,France,Israel-vs-Russia,China, Iran... aka WW 3

Oh word thats awesome we have this in the bag I mean with Frances backing we are golden, those french sure know how to fight and win wars
... Not French bashing, I love all things French from the food to women to music and culture, but when it comes to waring they are a useless lot.

Funny, in most military exercise I did with international troops during my time at the 8th RPIMa, we were regularly crushing the US teams...
Furthermore, I don't think folks from various African countries would agree that the French Army is a bunch of clowns... especially not the Foreign Legion, RPIMa and other navy commandos... but I guess you're entitled to your clichés... ;-)

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

. Not French bashing, I love all things French from the food to women to music and culture, but when it comes to waring they are a useless lot.

I thought this site was about denying ignorance.. not about letting propaganda created stereotypes determine your opinion of others.

The French held their Empire forcefully for an awful lot longer than your country was able to.. That makes them better warmongers in the bigger picture.

Just because they are more pacifist now means absolutely nothing.

And the whole WW2 thing is getting a bit old.. the Nazi's took them by surprise.

You could say the US is crap at war.. How many have they been in since WW2? And how many did they win?

Exactly, The French have a fine military machine and are not afraid to use it. The French could put a serious hurt on anyone they choose to tangle with and lets not forget they do have nukes.

As for the US and WWIII, sorry Sancho but our forces are spread so thin right now I doubt there will be any major dust ups between the powers you mention. Might Isreal launch a preemptive against Iran? sure but I have serious reservations about it spreading beyond that.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Couple of things here guys in response to some posts:

@Sky Watcher: NATO troops huh? You are probably right. The air power would have been impressive, but war is never won through air power alone. Would never have happened though. The minute NATO got involved, the nuclear ballgame would have gotten started. For example during the cold war, if Warsaw Pact tanks crossed a given line, NATO response was to escalate to Nuclear Release. The Russians had and have similar contingency plans. Don't make the mistake of discounting the Russian Bear. It's been hibernating is all. I also see that you seem to be abdicating a preemptive strike capability. Careful with that one.

@TheCoffinman:
Fatal flaws exist in your axis of Russia, Venenzula, and Iran.
I am going to assume the WW3 scenario involves the US in some capacity against this axis.
Remove Russia from the equation. US on one side and Russia on the other is the nightmare scenario that my father tells me about from the 60's. Highly doubtful it will happen as you are dealing with a nuclear power on either side. Neither power wants that for in the heat of war, someone somewhere will cross the failsafe point and nuclear weapons will go free and both powers know it.
Chavez is not crazy either. At the moment he's fortifying his natural resources and has had to borrow money from the Russians to do it. Some say he could be another Nazi Germany in South America, but presently he doesn't have the capability to gear up his military the way the Nazis did. Remember he borrowed that sum from the Russians. If he ever does, it will be a note of concern, but right now he needs a market to sell his resources into. Compare him to a modern day Castro at the moment.
Iran may be your wild card in the Middle East once they become members of the Nuclear Club. Still all the posturing that is coming out of Tehran makes me think they will poke a stick in a hornets nest to get Israel to fire the first shot much as Saddam attempted to do in the 91 Gulf War. Unlike Saddam, the Iranians are doing it through dialogue. If they succeed, they won't be seen as an aggressor and will undoubtedly receive more simpathetic ears on the world stage. Israel also knows this, which is why no shots have been fired.

The only near possible WW3 scenario that I can ever see playing out is a US/Russian alliance against another power. That way you can avoid the nuke exchange between the two largest stockpillers. The other power could be anyone at this point. Maybe the Chinese tick off the US and Russia at the same time. Call me crazy, but war creates very strange bedfellows and in order to have WW3 without laying the entire planet to waste, these two will have to be on the same side.

Just my opinion though and any debate is appreciated as I am open to new ideas and opinions.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
Hi ATS,

There are other major arenas, or areas of increased activity throughout the World; which are lining up in different directions. South America is one place in particular where this is occurring, but nothing like the aforementioned areas.

I have been getting the obvious feeling of a big war coming, history allways repeats and once we reach the worst part of the current depression we will have enough desperate unemployed people signing up to the armies of the world so it can start . Not forgetting the huge amount of people who will sign up after the next false flag event. (predictions based on history only)

OP: what do you know about south america as im moving to Peru in 1 month for now and im trying to cover my back from every angle. Any thing you can elaborate on will be greatly appreciated!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Let's not forget the Arctic Sea escapade, Netanyahu's trip to Russia and Obama's letter to Medvedev right when he took office in January.

I tend to think though, with this latest issue of abandoning the defense shield, that we have avoided "something" by securing Russia's support with some behind the scenes "strategery".

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Sorry I messed up the previous post ^^^^^^^^

I have been getting the obvious feeling of a big war coming, history allways repeats and once we reach the worst part of the current depression we will have enough desperate unemployed people signing up to the armies of the world so it can start . Not forgetting the huge amount of people who will sign up after the next false flag event. (predictions based on history only)

OP: what do you know about south america as im moving to Peru in 1 month for now and im trying to cover my back from every angle. Any thing you can elaborate on will be greatly appreciated!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
And of course we have our president, mr obama, doing what Russia wants us to. What a weak man we have ruling our country!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Victoria 1

But the real question here is what did we get in return for not deploying a missile shield in Poland? In politics there is no such thing as a give only game.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Ah sancho and everyone else who has contributed here, great work.

I have to ask just how much of this is set up to simply confuse those who do check the internet and all news sources for the truth of what is going on or planned to happen.

Its crazy that we are kept in the dark, I mean these meetings are happening all the time and we never even get to see or watch them when they are supposedly set up for our benefit!

The governments are all talking about more transparency yet the same old dictators continue to meet in private and all we get to do is speculate at best/

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Edit to say that after the world governments go down and they will if we dont blow our selves up first, I want to have every thing they do televised and in public, completely. Instead of a few tainted old farts representing us until the day they die or step down, be held accountable to speak for their constituents in open forum. The day of the vested interests must come to an end.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I feel helpless !!!
you people think of something positive think about PEACE and LOVE
bring good ideas forward to this planet and not fear not war
only positive thinking will serve best !!!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Remember that anything we see on the world stage is just an approved-for-public-consumption manifestation of deals and arrangements made behind the scenes. All power economic, military, etc only exists between nations as a result of consensus. Money is worth something because everyone agrees that it is. In this era of Mutually Assured Destruction, even the posture of military dominance is granted by the other players of The Game.

Think of schoolyard games "Your bullets won't work. I'm Superman." "They're kryptonite bullets!" "Yeah but I have an amulet that turns off your kryptonite!" etc etc etc ad infinitum. It is not until a majority of those playing say no to the kryptonite negating amulets (or the 7th, 8th or 100th link in the chain) that the cycle can be broken.

Russia and China (acting in support of Iran) have made it clear to the US that they are willing and able to destroy the US Dollar simply by dropping the pretense that it has value. They will stop fueling the US Economy by freezing their purchasing of US Debt. Nevermind the fact that they are buying the debt with equally imaginary money that amounts to nothing more than Magical Poker Chips which represent nothing more than their willingness to keep playing The Game. It has been made clear that they are not willing to let the US stay on top of every jungle gym in the schoolyard.

As a result, the US is backing down on the Missile Defense boondoggle. So much the better, I say. The "successful tests" of missile defense have been so meticulously choreographed that they serve little purpose beyond proof of concept. They show that it is possible to shoot down a missile with this tech; they do not show that it is possible to scramble this system on a dime shoot down an unanticipated attack from an unknown source.

Granted, that's not what it's meant to do. Missile defense is just a kryptonite negating amulet on the international playground. Russia and China have called Shenanigans and the US has to play by the rules. All this is done relatively amiably behind the scenes, then presented to the public in these charming little dramas to keep the plebs on the edge of their seats.

All the alignments you are seeing are theater. If the Terrorists ((c) TPTB Inc.) actually existed in the form that they claim, we would already have been thrust into either anarchy or martial law. The fact that dozens of US citizens are not killed in terror attacks each week is proof that this bogeyman is fictitious. Just ask any Irishman who lived through The Troubles.

If Israel was going to start anything, Amajinedad (sp?) would have received a Mossad bullet though the skull by now.

If Russia was really going expand its borders. The Republic of Georgia would no longer exist.

Fidel Castro has handed the role of regional firebrand over to Chavez, and now Raul is free to "liberalize" Cuba and give it some time in the financial mainstream.

Chavez plays the good little instigator, keeping the spectre of Communism in the mind of all those Cold Warriors who remember hiding under their desks.

There are, of course, true rogue elements out there, but they are taken care of. Ever wonder where Kim Jong Il sudden illness came from?

An excellent OP, connecting the dots. If anything it just turns the plot twists in the TPTB's narrative are becoming predictable.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arkansas
This is real simple. THE USA CAN NOT AFFORD THE WAR MACHINE.

When does war yield to economics? Even though the United States cannot afford another war, our economic issues do not control the actions of other countries.

Originally posted by oaenaos
I feel helpless !!!
you people think of something positive think about PEACE and LOVE
bring good ideas forward to this planet and not fear not war
only positive thinking will serve best !!!

We do not live in a Utopian society. When war sits at your door, everything else falls to the side.

It is very ignorant to believe that - since we live in a new century, the world has suddenly become a peaceful and better place. All that has changed is the date. We are still fighting similar wars that defined the previous century. Just a different set of countries.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

You might be surprised how much the US Economy is intertwined with everyone else's. Globalization. For example China is hurting right now as they lost their biggest customer, the US. In order for China to keep producing in mass quantities they need the US consumer to go on another debt binge, which unfortunately doesn't look like it is going to happen. In essence our economic issues have a lot of bearing on other countries as we have outsourced quite a good deal of our jobs to them. When we tank, we have the potential to take down other economies with us.

Oh and how do you think the military ops in Iraq and Afghanistan are financed? US debt sold on the international market, cause we sure didn't finance it with our tax receipts.

Saying the US can't afford the war machine might have more truth in it than you suspect.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by serph]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join