It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Watch; USA,UK,France,Israel-vs-Russia,China, Iran... aka WW 3

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by dallas18

This is scary because the rhetoric is less about Iran's sovereignty and more about a suicidal fundamentalist maniac hell bent on starting a war as much as Israel is. I say let them fight it out and may the best country win! USA let's stay the hell out of this crap. Denial of the Holocaust? COME ON! That's a good way to alienate most of the industrialized world.

You got to admit it is bizzare that no one can really question the numbers of holocaust deaths. It's sad for anyone to be killed in war but being round up like sheep and not dying fighting is most horrible.

The ease for 'looking into' Japanese concentrations camp astrosities is stark vs Jewish victims to the germans. I simply want to know why?

Perhaps it's just incredibly sensitive for the Jews but alot of people smell a small rat when doing any research on the matter. This is in fact ILLEGAL in both Germany and Austria.

Sensitivities aside. Ahmadinejad is a disgrace. Israeli treatment of the palenstinians is also a disgrace. Hmm one persons ranting and raving crap on one hand. Millions suffering on the other.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisgustedOne

Originally posted by keops
according to the bible, Armagaddon will be in Oct/ 2010

Could you cite chapter and verse for me? I have studied scripture in general and prophecy in particular for many years and I have yet to come across that revelation. (I am not being critical, I am genuinely curious!)

So am I!!! Where such specific date is displayed on Bible?

On topic: Surely we live strange times. Countries trying to make new alliances. An war atmosphere everywhere... countries monitoring countries.... a small spark can bring up a WW! Too sad...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Caveat Lector

Usually how it goes. Do leaders actually care about the people or the fact they get to sit at the 'big boy' table and play basically the old board games but with their countries.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by Becker44

The Korean War was hardly a win was it? It was just some half assed cease fire and a pointless war which really just ended pretty much as it began. Korea is still divided today.

I think the freedom and prosperity gained by the South Koreans speaks for itself. They can thank the US (and allies like Australia).

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Here's an article where China is putting the halt to sanctions against Iran. Russia has not fully stated they are completely opposed, but there has been recent news that they are still doing, or have finished high tech automation, or automated controls at the nuclear power sites they built inside Iran...... the same places Israel is having problems with.

I think war truly is moving closer.

China unmoved on Iran sanctions
news.bbc.co.uk...

China says placing sanctions on Iran is not the right way to resolve the controversy over its nuclear plans.

Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu called on all sides to "redouble diplomatic efforts" to persuade Iran to end its nuclear programme.

Her remarks came after Russia indicated it could soften its longstanding opposition to further sanctions

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

I see a clear plan for peace but not really.
Putin says " I have a plan."
"Let me send 3,000,000 troops into Iran so i can take apart
the Iranian Nuke program."
"I promise to retreat back to Russia when it's done."
I can see Obama saying "Go ahead."
The United Nations would also say OK.
Can you see it?
Plans within plans.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Sorry if this has already been posted.....

Iran to hold missile war games from Sunday

Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards will hold missile defense exercises over several days starting on Sunday to boost the Islamic Republic's deterrence capability, Iranian media reported.

Saturday's announcement coincided with increased tension in Iran's nuclear dispute with the West, after Tehran disclosed it was building a second uranium enrichment plant.

The reports did not say what kind of missiles would be used in the war games. In May, Iran said it had tested a missile that defense analysts said could hit Israel and U.S. bases in the Gulf.

The United States, which suspects Iran wants to build nuclear bombs, has previously expressed concern about Tehran's missile program.

Iran often conducts war games or tests weapons to show its determination to counter any attack by foes such as Israel or the United States.

A statement quoted by Iranian news agencies said the goal of the exercises by the Revolutionary Guards' air force, was "to raise the deterrence capability of the Iranian armed forces."

General Hossein Salami, head of the Guards' air force, said the games would include simultaneous firings of missiles at targets, the Guards' website reported. The exercises will last several days and take place in various locations.

The West has accused Iran of seeking to acquire atomic weapons but Tehran says its nuclear activities are aimed at generating electricity so that it can export more oil and gas.

Neither the United States nor its ally Israel have ruled out military action if diplomacy fails to resolve the nuclear row.

Iran has said it would respond to any attack by targeting U.S. interests in the region and Israel, as well as closing the Strait of Hormuz, a vital route for world oil supplies.

Iran acknowledged the existence of the enrichment plant near the holy city of Qom for the first time on Monday in a letter to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), the U.N. nuclear watchdog.

U.S. officials said the disclosure was designed to pre-empt an announcement by Western governments, which were aware of the site, but Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the plant was legal and open for inspection by the IAEA.

U.S. President Barack Obama said on Saturday the discovery of a secret nuclear plant in Iran showed a "disturbing pattern" of evasion by Tehran which added urgency to its Oct 1. talks with world powers in Geneva.

Last week Obama scrapped a Bush-era plan to deploy missiles in Poland that had been proposed amid concerns Iran was trying to develop nuclear warheads it could mount on long-range missiles.

www.reuters.com...

The War drums are getting louder

dn:

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join