It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is 2009 a special year?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Do you think 2009 has seen a major paradigm shift when it comes to knowledge of how the world really works?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
With all that's gone on.

I can't speak globally but I think that the USA at least, has seen a newfound group come about in this year, which may or may not grow.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Nope, I think there are a few people who see through the garbage and lies as there always have been, but for the most part people just don't get it.

Just like the hijacked tea parties, these people aren't protesting the unfair taxation, the corporate wars the lying thieves in congress, that's all ok as long as it's being done by someone like Sara P or McCain again instead of Obama.

Star and flag for you Mr Darko

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
2009 is special in the sense that it will never come again but lets face it, every year is just filled with the same old BS. Next year, someone here at ATS will start a thread asking if 2010 is a special year.

IRM

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I don't think a shift has been made at all. When ever I discuss politics or world affairs regarding major current events, I'd say about 98% of the time it is always the same cookie cutter responses whether they agree or disagree. The reasoning being, when the typical person wants to find out the "facts" about such topics they do what? The pick up the television remote or click the mouse and go to (fill in the blank of any major news channel or website). No one thinks for themselves by using reasoning or logic anymore, just uses the opinion of the media as their own. Sad...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by El Autobus

No one thinks for themselves by using reasoning or logic anymore, just uses the opinion of the media as their own. Sad...

I had to quote you because that phrase is so simple yet so profound.

I must agree with InfraRedMan...you will hear this in 2010, and years after, as we have heard the same in years previous.
You could pick the events out of any given year to support your opening post.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by AccessDenied]

top topics

join