It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for a Schizophrenic thread. Who believes they are partially psychic and it relates to their s

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Many of the worlds creative minds have been schizophrenics . I believe us Schizophrenic's have a purpose on this earth... Be it if you channel this creative ability to draw, write incredible peaces of music, solve outstanding mathematical equations (remember "A Beautiful Mind" ? true story about a schizophrenic named John Nash) or whatever standout work us s schizo's are able to achieve beyond unwinding our own personal issues past our mental problems.

Our thinking ability, and thought process is astounding. The lack of being able to process all these thoughts competently is our downfall. But being able to channel these special abilities, after once again ridding ourselves of our own personal issues stemming from this "disease", is what makes us different... in a very peculiar way.

In my personal experiences, my life has been changing quite significantly in the past year or so. In the meanwhile my consciousness and ability to order my thoughts and keep them straight has been greatly depreciating, as every day passes. Everything i have come to know about life, has been changing inside of my brain. Reality and my perspective of what is real has been on an ongoing vicious cycle of ongoing change. I believe everything that is happening to be is for a purpose. A Larger pre-planned purpose, that i am on a path to find the true meaning of what i am hear to accomplish, and what important changes i am supposed to bring upon the world.

I know i am not alone in this field, i have met people just like me, and they have been popping up everywhere lately. I walked by one guy in the mall who ripped his shirt in half at the mall, and during this term of reality in my head, i believed i am an angel here to help people... And the guy who ripped his shirt off right when i walked by had angel wings tattoed on his back, and that was his only tattoo. I dont know what it all means, but these environments of reality seem to come and go, and i can feel them coming on, when things are supposed to happen almost like deja vu, and all u can do is watch it unfold in front of you.

So who else is out there?
Heres what just happened to me tonight:

I was reading an article on the moon, and i had a weird hidden instinct to set my coffee down and look at the moon outside, even though i didnt want to get up. So i got up out of my chair, and didnt even want to look at the moon anymore before i even got outside, i just kept looking straight through my neighborhood and i saw a car. Inside my head i kept hearing a rhyming rhythmic pattern in which everything that popped in my head made sense, and perfectly rhymed with everything else coming up. The rhyme went like... There is a black car, about 3 blocks far, inside of this car is a star (relating to the moon thread stating the moon is the coldest planet in the milky way), and i just had this... kind of like uh oh feeling like something is going to happen whether i like it or not. So i stood in the shadows of my house peeking out hidden in the shadows and then something told me to walk to my car, just that weird feeling that you cant avoid and you just have to do for some reason.... Lets call it curiousity. So i go to my car with my back turned to the street (cars parked on the street) and i see them take a turn towards my house... so i think well i cant predict everything and its not always true... but in reality i didnt want it to be true, because to be honest when i start predicting # creepy # happens and it makes me uncomfortable. I guess my own faith in myself scares me sometimes? So the car comes to my road and they take a left and i felt an uneasy almost dizzy feeling.. They stop and roll down their window. It is an exquisitely dressed female driving a brand new lexus. She had a briefcase with a whole bunch of freshly printed documents on her passenger seat. She needed directions to get to the main street... outside of the neighborhood. She knew the names of the street to get to the main street, yet she still had to come and ask me for some unknown reason like she had to verify it with me for some unknown reason?

Anyways this is just one of many many stories like this of mine.

=== > Do any of you have any of your stories to share ... Looking for those preferably of people with thought/mental disorders. Im trying to find others out there with similar experiences.. Thanks ATS .

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
You speak of Schizophrenia as though it's some marvelous gift, but the truth is, it's a debilitating mental disorder. It does lots of strange things... like making people think they are angels... and so on.

I think the best thing you can do is seek medical help instead of seeking validation from others to make you feel everything is ok and perfectly normal when the truth is that it isn't.

I'm not being mean, just honest.

IRM

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

I think the best thing you can do is seek medical help instead of seeking validation from others to make you feel everything is ok and perfectly normal when the truth is that it isn't.

Im not looking for validation, im looking for individuals who also feel the same way. Because as i stated in my post, i have been running into people chasing hidden messages for awhile that feel the same way.

People that dont feel this way wont understand. Because we (schizo's) have been stamped into a certain category. I feel being schizophrenic helps me render reality to my benefit in many different ways. Sorry if you arent a schizo, cuz this won't make a lick of sense to you.

In a way i feel like being schizo is like a hallucinate mushroom trip, in which you feel things , as opposed to using realistic logic, to come to conclusions about things.

But maybe i am alone in my own findings... Sweet im special

[edit on 18-9-2009 by TheFaiThfulSkepTic]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFaiThfulSkepTic

Why do you think that Only "schizophrenics" are of high intelligence? The Borderline person, -That is the "Borderline Personality Disorder" are extremely highly intelligent, as well as people who are Bi-Polar.

To me any mental condition is torturing, and is nothing to brag about. I know I have 'Experienced" it and have seen much suffering and have seen people and Close relatives die.

So please Do Not "Glorify" this, Nor put yourself on Top of the ladder. Rather, if you think of doing any thing useful at all that is not "Self Conceited," then do so by Reaching Out and Helping Others.

I myself are extremely sensitive and psychically aware of energies around me, and it is extremely painful and frightening to say the least. I also know people who are schiz' and they too live frightening lives. ANY Mental condition is like Walking on A Razor's Edge!

[edit on 18-9-2009 by catalyst2466]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Your story doesn't sound like an episode. I have stuff like that happen to me all the time and have never been diagnosed with a mental illness (though some people think I am strange sometimes). I know alot of people with mental disorders and their lives are total misery. yes they may have a gift of insight or be able to write beautiful music pieces, but none the less they rely on medication to get through each day and sometimes it doesn't help them. Have you been diagnosed or do you just think you have something wrong with you?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
You speak of Schizophrenia as though it's some marvelous gift, but the truth is, it's a debilitating mental disorder. It does lots of strange things... like making people think they are angels... and so on.

I'm not being mean, just honest.

IRM

What if... they are the normal and we are the abnormal ones?

Societies concept of crazyness is just... a concept... thanks Foucault!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by infobrazil

Excellent point infobrazil. Who's to say what's 'normal'? It a preconceived notion or societal conditioning from which we learn to judge.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
S&F

I definately know what you're talking about. I've been searching for individuals like myself for quite some time now.

It could very well be that the gov't wants to label people crazy to cause people to automatically discredit them.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

idk about that... the disease happens for a reason... we know how it happens... but why does the thread creater have this... but more importantly why does she relate the disease and these special abilities together... its funny how her brain makes sense of the two... as with ability,gift,disease you have to learn to control it.... lets not call her looney and throw them off the bus.... we need to work together... this site is a good place to start... lets start being open minded....

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
... i am happy i came across this post because i have been feeling a little ... well depressed but not like the average person.. to a certain point i know i am depressed and i know why and the science behind it so it does not bother me to much on the outside ... but on the inside i just do not feel right .. for the past few days.. but after coming across this post good thoughts, and to use for a better of lack of words , my duty or destiny is more focused, but for my story ....

i work at staples, and as i was about to walk into the back room i saw this girl only a quick glimpse and i thought it was my good friend from high school that i haven't seen in a year, and after i did a double take it was not her... but then the first thought that came into my head was or i heard my mind say "you'll see her today" didn't think about it for more than a second ... a few hours later guess who i see, funny part was i saw her right where i saw the other girl standing that i thought was her... and the funny thing is she said she thought of me that day because she wanted to know if i still worked here....

nothing crazy i have a few more stories or anomalies ... i would really like to know if this is part of something bigger or what the purpose of all this is...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I don't think you have a 'gift'. My brother has the same disorder. 90% of the time he is fine, the other 10% he is horrified and scared. Remeber the worst part about being 'crazy' is not knowing it.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by catalyst2466

Why do you think that Only "schizophrenics" are of high intelligence? The Borderline person, -That is the "Borderline Personality Disorder" are extremely highly intelligent, as well as people who are Bi-Polar.

I am Bi-polar too, and i have been diagnosed with bipolar schizo, and anxiety disorder. It runs in my family like i said before...

Originally posted by infobrazil

Star for you. Way to think outside the box...

Maybe the gifted ones are deemed mentally ill, and drugged up by the pharmaceutical companys, so they arent able to realize/unravel their true state of mine due to having the influence of medications making their brain feel dull and numb?

Originally posted by Psycontagious
S&F

I definately know what you're talking about. I've been searching for individuals like myself for quite some time now.

It could very well be that the gov't wants to label people crazy to cause people to automatically discredit them.

And i have been searching for individuals like yourselves! Glad i made this thread, i was beginning to think i was living the truman show =]

Originally posted by InterconnecteD
but why does the thread creater have this... but more importantly why does she relate the disease and these special abilities together... its funny how her brain makes sense of the two... as with ability,gift,disease you have to learn to control it.... lets not call her looney and throw them off the bus.... we need to work together... this site is a good place to start... lets start being open minded....

Or more importantly, why does someone with Faith automatically have to be female? im male btw, loll.

I relate the two things together, the abilities and powers, because i have entered a different state of awareness due to this new reality i have entered. And the signs i have been following given to me by this "6th Sense persay have always led to something else i think i am supposed to see... And its always a deja vu feeling when i see what i believe i am supposed to be shown.

... i am happy i came across this post because i have been feeling a little ... well depressed but not like the average person.. ... but on the inside i just do not feel right .. for the past few days.. but after coming across this post good thoughts, and to use for a better of lack of words , my duty or destiny is more focused, but for my story ....

i work at staples, and as i was about to walk into the back room i saw this girl only a quick glimpse ...[edited for length]

I feel the exact same way. I fully understand the scientific explanation for depression, and how to counteract it. I actually help my depressed friends get through their attempted suicides and horrible depression slumps.

All you have to do is have faith in yourself, and create a higher subconscious. You will see the light as long as you arm yourself with knowledge and self guidance.

Your story parallels my stories very accurately. Almost feels like a strange movie plot happening inside your life.

I believe its somehow related to karma, treating people right, and karma returning to you... And being able to make the right amount of karma work for you, by manipulating it at the right time!

I cant tell everyone how GRATEFU Li am for your contributions to this thread... Hopefully we can make more people aware that THEY ARE NOT ALONE! And hopefully we can help others with our gifts.... In a way if we can control these situations... we are almost like Guardian Angels.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by TheFaiThfulSkepTic]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Epilepsy here..... I know its not Schizophrenia

I have very bad memory loss and can't spell worth a sh*t.
I am begining to wonder if I have alzheimer's.

I hated school (except for arithmetic). I love numbers.

ended up going to a respected Art School. Have drawn for actors, sport figures and band members.

...and play drums

[edit on 18-9-2009 by TrainDispatcher]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by infobrazil

Ah yes.. the old 'what if' scenario. As wonderfully wacky as it sounds, sadly it's not true. If Schizophrenia was the norm, we would have never survived as a species.

i]reply to post by InterconnecteD

idk about that... the disease happens for a reason... we know how it happens... but why does the thread creater have this...

Why do people get cancer? How long is a piece of string? IMHO, it's simply a genetic lottery and nothing more.

but more importantly why does she relate the disease and these special abilities together... its funny how her brain makes sense of the two...

It's clearly symptomatic of the illness... delusions of grandeur etc. Connecting dots that do not exist and so forth.

lets not call her looney and throw them off the bus....

No one called anyone loony... unless of course you can quote that directly from my post. You appear to be creating your own subtext.

lets start being open minded....

If your suggesting that I entertain Schizophrenia as some type of gift, then no, I cannot do that, regardless of this being a forum dedicated to the esoteric. 'Off the wall' for off the wall's sake is not productive.

Sure there have been some borderline personalities that have been geniuses. This does not make every Schizophrenic a genius. What you must keep in mind is that regular people are geniuses too yet not every 'regular' person is a genius or a visionary. A quick historical search on the internet will bare out the fact.

Do I think Schizophrenic people have something to offer society? Yes I do, especially the higher functioning ones, however you will find day to day life a struggle for the heavily afflicted. They will not tell you they feel gifted above and beyond others.

Again, I reiterate through experience that many people who post such subjects on this forum are seeking validation. I think we all have a responsibility to tread carefully in this area. The degree of separation we enjoy on this forum also means we don't exactly have to live with the consequences of our words. We log off and our world is the same as it has always been, yet the very real fact is that someone else may suffer from unsolicited and unprofessional advice.

IRM

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Dont agree with you , sorry.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences.

Explanation: S&F!

I am here and with you!

Yes I have stories to share and I greatly respect you reaching out and sharing yours and motivating me to do likewise! Thanks heaps.

Pesronal Disclosure: I have been a enduring sufferer [thanks for the heads up budda] of schizophrenia since my mid teens [OL just turned 37].
The story I wish to share with TheFaiThfulSkepTic is my recent thread Here!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I have Schizophrenia, as I'm sure a lot of people on this website do.

I've often thought I had powers, and could read people's mind from a distance.

What I did though, was test out my theory, and found out it was nothing but the mental illness, and that everything I thought I could do, was nothing but being mentally ill. I take a lot of medication now, and I can see what was really happening. I didn't really have magic powers. If you think you do, please get yourself checked out.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I have worked with mental illness for many years, and I am so happy to see such a positive take on it here! A good attitude is crucial.
And as long as behaviors are harmless, who cares?

Enjoy yourself. Makes life more interesting. Boring people bore me.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join