It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First they came for my neighbor; I did nothing; then they came for me; no one was left to help...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I agree, the moderates SHOULD stop the extremists, but they usually don't, because they are scared. They know the extremists are willing to DIE for the cause, and moderates are not (usually).

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

Also threats to their own family locally and abroad.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Exactly correct with Your assessment. Just imagine with what is being perpetrated currently, but a little further down the line.

This is simply being set up too test the US American People's resolve, and to condition

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

I've lived in the middle east. I still have many Muslim friends living there. Depending upon the country I am in my easiness as a female in that culture varied. I recognize that there are radical Muslims, and have read their writings and witnessed their programs. Even knowing this...I don't buy it.

The "radical" Muslims do not have the money (based on how they live according to their holy books) to accomplish the type of terrorism that we witnessed in 9-11. They have the capabilities to accomplish what they do in Israel which is strap a bomb to their own body and get on a bus, or walk into the building.

In order for them to do what they are doing now they would need to be financed, and quite frankly the people that could finance them would not because that would mean that their product wouldn't get bought.

I bought it for a year after 9-11, but I don't anymore.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say goodbye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling in terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst; the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!"

"We forget everything. What we remember is not what actually happened, not history, but merely that hackneyed dotted line they have chosen to drive into our memories by incessant hammering.

Oh, Western freedom-loving "left-wing" thinkers! Oh, left-wing labourists! Oh, American, German and French progressive students! All of this is still not enough for you. The whole book has been useless for you. You will understand everything immediately, when you yourself — "hands behind the back" — toddle into our Archipelago."

Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn’s “The Gulag Archipelago,”

They're teaching this in Russia, finally... they need to teach it everywhere!
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Many people on here seem to think that the Koran is inherently preaching violence. Christians seem to think terrorism isn't terrorism unless its happening to them. Here are some perfect quotes for you to digest.

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."
Matthew 10:34

"Jesus said to them, 'But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one...' The disciples said, 'See, Lord, here are two swords.' 'That is enough,' he replied."
Luke 22:36,38

TV is conditioning you to believe Muslims live under a system of hate for a religion when in reality they have many reasons to be extremely angry.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bettermakings

Also, if you were to ask Christians if they support terrorism, I doubt you will find even 2% that do.

I beg to differ. How many Christians supported the shooter who murdered Dr. Tiller? How many Christians silently (and some not so silently) nod their head in approval when an abortion clinic is blown up.

Besides...

It has nothing to do with religion. It has everything to do with warped individuals who use their religion as an excuse to exact terror on people who have differing ideas than they.

You don't need to have a specific religion that predisposes you to violence and murder.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by joshhoff2004

Thank you for that. As I am not so well versed in the bible, I was unable to use some of its contents to show that using religious texts to prove that a certain religion is more violent than another means nothing.

It has everything to do with the people's mentality who use those texts to back their anger and justify their violence.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

First of all, I read the article and didn't find it packed with "discrimination" against Muslims. What I read and the impression it gave me was that the FBI had some intelligence about possibly terror suspects and they acted on it. Would you rather want them to ignore all threats and let the terrorists bomb away? And second of all, comparing USA of today to Nazi Germany is comparing apples to oranges. One is reasonably well functioning democracy or republic, in case you prefer that term, and the other was a fascist dictatorship. Trust me, my country had a dictatorship government for 7 years some 30more years ago and I can thus tell you that in the US you are nowhere near such a dictatorship yet.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
My neighbor is in his late 50's, served in the Canadian armed forces he retired 13 years ago. We get along great he's grandpa I never had, so if worst comes to worst I will fight by his side just because it's the right thing to do.

Don't leave people hanging when times get tough

[edit on 9/18/2009 by Big Oil]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by doctor_drewl

but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst; the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!"

Simply Bravo!!!

reply to post by WalterRatlos

Er, I don't trust You; sorry
The article was geared in a way as to make what the FBI is doing, as acceptable....PERIOD!

The reason they targeted Muslims is due to the fact it's an easily acceptable target in the current atmosphere. Both the USA, and I'm assuming Your Germany are very predominant Christian nations. It really has nothing to do with religions at the top in the Elites arena, but has everything to do with controlling the masses; through hate.

reply to post by Big Oil

"gluten for the truth, and the truth hurts!" I like that. They make good points. Thank You B.O.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WalterRatlos

If you read my post you'll see what Sancho meant. Maybe discrimination is the wrong word, but with what the article alludes to as suspicious terrorist activity qualify just about every Muslim as a terrorist.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Always remember....

Satan is a "liar, tempter, & murderer".

Never believe what someone tells you about another person until you go to that person and tell them what you have been told about that person.

Here is a little stroll down memory lane... nothing new under the sun.

Bad Jacketing

With tribal governments making charges of racism against anyone who questions their actions, holding them accountable comes hard. Which, of course, is the reason tribal governments play the race card with such reckless abandon. After many years of dealing with tribal governments, I have come to the conclusion that entities that pull some of the shenanigans they do can't be very bright. So who is pulling their strings, teaching them how to play the race card with such lethal efficiency? The answer can be found in the 1970s American Indian Movement (AIM). At the height of the AIM heyday, the FBI sent agents to infiltrate AIM. One goal was to "bad jacket" leaders to lessen their effectiveness. The agent would accuse the leader of being an FBI informant, making AIM members suspicious of them, and terminating their credibility. Tribal governments are using the same technique of "bad jacketing" CERA members by calling them "racist." It is unfortunate that CERA members must endure such labeling. It is cruel and hurts on a personal level. Just like that earlier bad jacketing, it makes people suspicious of us and hurts our credibility. But it is also a favorable report card for us. If we were not considered effective by federal and tribal governments, we would not be "bad jacketed" by the label of racist. Let's keep doing what we are doing. Recognize their actions for what they are--confirmation of our effectiveness.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
nieghbors? maybe the most important word after love and peace,we are all neighbors not neccessarily friends but nieghbors.

great thread, inspiring, it all starts in your own "hood" and grows outward.

thanks, an eye opener

peace

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by joshhoff2004

His word is a sword because it cuts us down revealing us for what we truly are. Also following Jesus can and has caused broken families. Following Jesus Christ can bring chaos for a person who is a Muslim and converts to Christianity. The penalty for leaving Islam is execution. The penalty for insulting their prophet Muhammed is execution, even if a Muslim does it and repents. Jesus said love your enemies. Jesus wasn't telling His disciples to fight. He gives the reason for taking the two swords.

"For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me: ‘And He was numbered with the transgressors.’ For the things concerning Me have an end.” So they said, “Lord, look, here are two swords.”
And He said to them, “It is enough.”

Yes people can take verses of the Qu'ran out of context just as people do with the Holy Bible. But some verses of the Qu'ran do condone violence.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

True Christianity is as laid out by Jesus Christ and His apostles as they wrote by inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Those that support murder of abortion doctors are not Christians. God has no grand children. Just because one is raised in a "Christian" home and goes to building for worship doesn't make them a Christian. True worship is to be a life style, not a once or twice a week event.

Jesus said if you love Him, obey His commandments. Love your enemies. His apostles also stress the same exact things.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by TruthSeeker8300]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

What I meant exactly is the FBI, or the govt. is kicking off a larger campaign of Rights violations, but are targeting a group that most traditionally don't like. They are doing this first so that the circle of targets encompassed can grow to include You, and I

reply to post by KOGDOG

I'm gonna take that as You will be Your brother's keeper, and Your neighbors

reply to post by huntergatherer

hey, I like that. Keep watching Your hood. In the grand scheme of the encompassing World We all are neighbors

reply to post by TruthSeeker8300

I agree that in following what Jesus taught specifically, all is good. However, what is being taught in modern day Christianity is simply "dinked"... I am guessing You will stand for Your neighbor, and protect each other; the time is close upon us. It will be necessary in order for us all to survive against the coming increasing domination, and oppression

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Yes...will we do what is right? We will all be tested, in many ways...

Portsmouth Regional Hospital officials have mandated their employees either get a seasonal flu vaccine shot, wear a mask — or get a new job.

The companywide policy recently enforced by the hospital's parent company, Hospital Corporation of America, involves strict guidelines on how employees should be prepared for the upcoming flu season.

The effort is part of an ongoing initiative by the hospital called "I am vaccinated because I care" and involves education and outreach for all employees,

www.fosters.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeeker8300

I don't believe those people to be true Christians either, but I hope you understood my point.

A lot of Muslims say that Jihadists aren't true Muslims.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshhoff2004
Many people on here seem to think that the Koran is inherently preaching violence. Christians seem to think terrorism isn't terrorism unless its happening to them. Here are some perfect quotes for you to digest.

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."
Matthew 10:34

"Jesus said to them, 'But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one...' The disciples said, 'See, Lord, here are two swords.' 'That is enough,' he replied."
Luke 22:36,38

TV is conditioning you to believe Muslims live under a system of hate for a religion when in reality they have many reasons to be extremely angry.

One, is there are a reason to turn this into a Christian thing AGAIN? Are they not your neighbors, too? Since when do "Christians" hate Muslims? Since when do Muslims hate Christians? Neither hate the other. Again, I'm a Catholic that has lived in the Middle East. I saw none of this. In Turkey I was quite well received (under John Paul II's reign as Pope, at least) and I received well my neighbors there.

Two, having read the Gospels in the Greek and having contextual knowledge as they pertain to other manuscripts, a more accurate understanding of the first quote is that he brought conflict, specifically internecine conflict among Jews. The earliest church was known for pacifism, and there are far more references and instructions in the Gospels to pacifism than these two that are peculiar instances. It is like saying that Superman wears yellow. Yes, there is yellow in the S, but the outfit is mostly blue and red.

Pointing these out is disingenuous to the subject matter. It is not even a slight to Islam to say that the religion is not pacifistic. Muslims will be the first to tell you this, as well. The uniting of a soul with Allah brings peace, but there is no peace on earth as earth is filled with darkness. Muslims have no problems with what they feel is a necessary war. They are not the only religion that feels this way. Judaism is the same. To say that their religion is not so is to disregard the content of its teachings, and this does them no honor.

There is a lot that I can say of Islam that we can all learn from. They do not charge interest, their business dealings must be fair, they do not drink, they value children, they revere women (they do!), they have a great respect for God and God's creations, they are hospitable and kind hosts...I could go on and on.

Muslims in Palestine have a very good reason to feel as they do about the West. I know there will be people to argue this with me, but when those people can tell me that they've spent any time at all with Palestinians or seen their camps then I will value their comments. Simply put they live in deplorable conditions, the type of conditions that will breed hatred. When you have that hatred and the ability to avenge your honor you will take it.

Still...do I believe they are "avenging their honor" in the US? *shakes head* Not in the least.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by A Fortiori]

[edit on 18-9-2009 by A Fortiori]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join