It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency Test

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Nobody said it was a conspiracy, I certainly didn't.

As I and several other posters here have said, we have not seen a broadcast alert test go out to the whole nation at the same time.

Have you seen a national broadcast alert test?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Just do a Google search for "counties not countries" and see how many times people make that mistake. I vote the data entry person misread the text.

www.google.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

JD is there a way that you can get video from your dvr and upload it here so that you can put this whole thing to bed?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

Lets say he misread.

How many COUNTRIES do we send a broadcast alert test to?

I'm going with this being a new system that sends an alert nation wide.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte
reply to post by jd140

JD is there a way that you can get video from your dvr and upload it here so that you can put this whole thing to bed?

No, sorry I wasn't recording it. I will see if I can find a YouTube video or something.

Even if I did record it I doubt with my computer skills I would be able to figure out how to upload it.

My kung fu is weak.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I looked and haven't been able to find it.

I'm pretty sure it was done throught the EAS in Kansas, but can't tell for sure.

I'm going to accept the new system as the explanation unless someone can dig up a clip of the show that proves other wise.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Hmm ok ill do some looking in to it I am sure it is part of the system I posted about on page one. Any way take it easy and I will get back to you ASAP

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

Appreciate it, as I said my computer kung fu is weak.

I doubt I did a correct YouTube search for it. If I had found it then it would have been because I stumbled on it.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

If the new system that is under fema was put in to place starting this year like they say, than I bet they are testing it. The fema website as I have posted earlier said that the new system would broadcast to our territories so perhaps that is why the screen said the United States. I am sure it was a local test of the new system and I would be willing to bet as soon as the whole deal is online that there will be a national test of it.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The only thing that actually comes down on an "EAS test" is the tone and the audible message like "this is only a test". The Bars and scroll are provided by the local TV station running the test.

An operator at said station can put anything he wishes on the scroll at the bottom of the screen.

The only time you should worry is if there is an audible alert that comes over the speakers following the first 3 long tones at the beginning of the test/message. The audible alert actually comes from the EAS transmitter just like the tones do.

I have admittedly thrown some strange text on scrolls during an EAS test at early morning hours... it was only noticed once.

Many operators get a little creative when they know a "weekly" test is scheduled, they are not as important and can be transmitted when is most convenient on the scheduled day. The "monthly" tests are a different matter... these must be transmitted within 15 minutes of receiving the signal from the EAS receiver, else a hefty fine can be issued.

The scroll is really only there for the hearing impaired, since they would not hear the "official" audible message that is transmitted.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join