It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids kill Panama 'Montauk monster' by lake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Kids kill Panama 'Montauk monster' by lake

www.metro.co.uk

A slimy, glob-like creature dubbed Gollum has terrified children after it slithered out of a lake and clambered over the rocks towards them.

The young teenagers were playing by the waterfront in a Panama lake near Cerro Azul when the bald beast emerged from a cave behind a waterfall. They started screaming as it shuffled out "as if to attack them".

Locals told Panama news the monster was like "Gollum from Lord of the Rings".
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.news.com.au

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
"PHOTOS have emerged of a mutant creature which “sparked fear and confusion” by climbing out of a cave and approaching a group of children in Panama."
"Zoologist Jacobo Arauz said it was likely the creature was likely to be a mutation and suggested it could be a form of sloth."

Poor Sloth.

Zelong.

www.metro.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Holy #, thats just like the montauk monster spotted on long island, ny

Any underground bases nearby?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Already being discussed here:

Above top secret

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Apparently experts think it is either a mutant Sloth or a dead and decayed Sloth. They also think the childrens story is a hoax. Of course the investigation is still ongoing. There a lot of other pictures in the thread linked above.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Apparently experts think it is either a mutant Sloth or a dead and decayed Sloth. They also think the childrens story is a hoax. Of course the investigation is still ongoing. There a lot of other pictures in the thread linked above.

Yes it will be very sad if it is that these kids killed this Sloth,

The link in post above is up and running.

Zelong.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Apparently experts think it is either a mutant Sloth or a dead and decayed Sloth.

I's neither a mutant sloth nor a dead sloth nor a decayed sloth. It's a no-sloth. And what "experts" are you talking about? Possibly this resercher in the field of Anunaki?: www.abovetopsecret.com... ?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
WHOA !!
Weird.. Y'know, it kinda looks like one of those 'Reptilian' types .

Poor chap, must've lost his way and trying to get back before he
got..er..Y'know..

tsk tsk tsk

i guess it justifies why they kill our kind if any of us intentionally or accidentally wander into 'their ' zone.

We're doin' the same - ain't we ?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
When I saw the creature lying there dead, I felt bad inside. Why did they have to kill it? Could they not have just run away? Obviously they were'nt THAT afraid, because their 1st instinct would be to flee in terror. Not say. "hey let's blungeon this thing to death with big ass rocks"!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

That is pretty freakin weird man. I see that it is already being said to be a sloth, that thing was living and looked like that, I don't think 'sloth' is going to be the answer. Anyone know how big it actually was?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
While I do not condone the killing of the creature, remember that these were kids. They saw something very scary moving towards them and were probably frightened beyond their ability to cope with the situation. I very much doubt it was a situation where they took pleasure in killing it, but rather was a matter of self-defence.

The shaved sloth theory has emerged as the most credible, given these photos taken in 1996 of a creature found on a jungle beach between Panama and Cost Rica where was later confirmed to be a decayed sloth.

The most credible if your intention was to cover up the emergence of alien life. Still, that creature looks very freaky.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Don't think the kids killed it... looks like a water bloated corpse to me..., like the Montauk Monster was a bloated and decayed Racoon

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I honestly doubt this thing is a sloth...a sloth....a mutated sloth...really?

Look at the way the story was described by those who actually saw it come toward them. This isn't something typically happening..for all we know this could be the result of a coverrup of something bigger.

They said it came running out of the cave as if to attack..well what if it wasn't going to attack at all and as for being possibly mutated what if it was a mutated person or something else trying to explain to someone what happened to it just before being followed and killed spot on by whoever.

It's also hard for me to believe they killed it with just rocks but i guess it's possible given the thing looked like it was in bad condition anyway. I don't know about you though but I'd run the hell away if i thought it was going to attack. If anything the kids were witnesses to something bigger possibly. I don't doubt it in our day and age and no one else should either.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Lux Sinocard]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Here is your mutated sloth

images.google.be... p&ct=title&resnum=1

Will finally citizens of big city start to be interesting in animal diversity and not only when they are between 2 slices of bread?

It could save time for lot of people.

And before this animal can attack just watch a documentary about them and you'll see they are mostly inactive and very slow.
[edit on 9/18/09 by ufopunx]

[edit on 9/18/09 by ufopunx]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join