It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fringe (Season Two) Discussion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
My decision would have been to kneecap his ass, call Peter and both of us drag him back to Walter, inject him with the same crap, and THEN have him tell me how to fix it...

But that's just me.

Now what is everyone's theories on who the Observer is?

Seems they are Fringe's answer to the age old "Men in Black" phenomenon, only instead of aliens, they are likely just that, "observers"....think of them as "temporal police". They'll likely remain a mystery (like trying to explain "God", etc.), but just be referred to as not being part of either Universe...but interested in things going "right"... It's obvious from the one episode though, that occasionally they develop human feelings.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
What did you think of the premier? Wicked as usual. Gotta love the relationship between massive dinamic and the colonel. Forgot to look for the Watcher, anyone see him?

Wonderful show! When is it going to come back on? Anyone know?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think it came back last night... With DVR'ing everything, seems I never know what night a show is on anymore.....

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Yep it was back on Monday night. If anyone has seen it, I have a question. Why was Charlie back? Was this episode just aired out of order causing an accidental continuity blip or did it have some significance?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Yeah, that completely messed me up....

Also, there was like NOTHING in there to do with the main story arc... Not really a premiere, more like a "monster of the week" episode.... WTF!!!???

The whole show, I'm like, but he's DEAD...why is he there like nothing happened? Did I miss something???

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Seems it was an "unaired" episode, not really the premiere...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Last night's episode was more monster of the week fare, with only Walter's fear being an indication of the overall story arc... I hope they get back on that track soon... It was an interesting twist though...and Walter was as charming as ever...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
When the heck are they going to get back to the main story arc?
There's a guy wanting to open a gate between worlds, and from all accounts, unleash Armageddon, and yet everybody is just not bothering to search for this guy???

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I am not sure if it is the end of the season or just another haitus, but Fringe had a finally till March. I love how Fox screws with shows so much you don't even know what the tv season is anymore.

So this season, they barely touch the plot, and have x-files type episodes, till the last one.

Are they trying to make one storyline last 7 years?

Don't get me wrong, I thought this episode was good.

NOw my question is, if you remove a person fro the alternate universe, and something must be returned, is that why people come up missing. Does somene get zinged to the other side?

They also seem to indicate that walter, bringing his son over, is causing most of the problem.

Now I understand Olivia is upset with Walter for testing on children, but if it means saving the universe, you think she would be a little more accepting.

What I love is these people gained an ability to see objects from another universe, watched a building dissappear, and saw two people merged into one, but they can go out for a beer.

I think I would be in thereapy 24/7.

Do do you think Peter and Olivia are gonna hook up?

As usual, lots of questions, few answers.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yea, I am getting tired of the monster in the basement routine.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
BTW, I just love the conversation between Dunham and Peter about the building disappearing.

They watch the tv and the news report says that the FBI had to evacuate and demolition the building due to security concerns.

And she says: Boy the conspiracy nuts are gonna have a field day with this one.

lolololol

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Do do you think Peter and Olivia are gonna hook up?

No, I don't think they'll pull the "Moonlighting" mistake...bad idea to kill the sexual tension... A lesson you think tv execs would have learned in the past (especially in the 80's, when it killed countless shows), but one they keep repeating.... I'm hoping the Fringe team is capable of recognizing that...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The new episodes return April 1st.. here's the preview:

I was reading that Season 2 finale will have a showdown between Walter and William Bell, I have a feeling they are at odds with each other because of whatever he did to save Peter. We hear in that preview, "For the sake of one life, you will destroy the world."

The Charlie thing had me puzzled too, I was waiting for anyone to remind her that he is dead, but Charlie is clearly visible to others and interacting with them in that episode. However, this episode was filmed earlier and originally scheduled for Season 1. So yeah, thanks Fox. Maybe they will still write something in later this season to clean up the continuity error.

I am tired of the stand-alone "filler" episodes. There's really no reason they can't advance the story arc in some way each episode.

Also, Fringe has been picked up for a 3rd season with 22 episodes.

[edit on 3/18/2010 by MrAndy]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Fringe is back to new episodes tonight. Please don't forget and cause another one of my favorite shows to get canceled.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
No kidding, right? I'll be watching...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Good episode, I liked it. I wonder why Walternate never crossed over to get Peter back?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
It seemed the other Walter didn't have the window, or the gateway tech...although more handy at medicine it seems....

I must have missed an episode or two...but easy to catch up. It was nice to get the full back story, and they did an AWESOME job on making the characters look younger (and found a great kid for playing Peter)...was very believable....

Some great science in there too, if you ascribe to string theory, branes, etc. I was telling my wife earlier that Walter's little trip likely started the pattern...and then it was borne out in the end... (and she'd roll her eyes when I'd stop it to explain things like the Oppenheimer quote, etc.). My wife's a brilliant gal, just that she isn't up on all the physics knowledge...

I'm still thinking though, that it was actually Bell who started the pattern, and that he wasn't "in Europe", but already over there when Walter crossed over.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
It seemed the other Walter didn't have the window, or the gateway tech...although more handy at medicine it seems....

Yeah it's strange, are they just going to keep the idea that this universe is slightly different from the other for no apparent reason or was there some event that took one universe down a different path?

Walternate (or Alter-Walter) didn't seem to know he was being watched from the other universe. But I feel that once his wife explained to him that his doppelganger had taken his son maybe he would think of a parallel universe as the other Walter would have? He said in the episode that the other universe seemed 20 or so years ahead in technology. Surely bizarro Walter would have been doing something to find his son.

I also noticed that he had lots of other lab assistants, I wonder if perhaps he became more famous in that universe?

Remember the episode "The Equation" where Walter ends up admitted in Saint Claire's again and there was another Walter talking to him? I wonder if this was the alternate-Walter.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I must have missed that one...darn...

Yeah it's strange, are they just going to keep the idea that this universe is slightly different from the other for no apparent reason or was there some event that took one universe down a different path?

From the techno-babble spouted during the episode, it seems they are going with string theory, and the idea of infinite parallel dimensions where things can be slightly, or even a lot different. This particular alternate dimension seems to have an overlapping membrane with ours, made worse by the trip/s from side to side.

It's funny that Walter seems to think he caused it, when it was probably Bell (Mr. I'm in Europe)... Also, we know that some folks from the other side have come here, so who knows if it was before or after Walter's (or Bell's) trip? I don't think Walter is to blame for the pattern....

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

I am usually a little behind on Fringe as I record it. Watched it tonight, thought it was a GREAT episode. I loved the retro titling and intro.

I wonder how they made walter and super ceo lady look younger.

But my thoughts too were: is this a futur espisode? walternate, since they are more advanced, figures out what happened to Peter and finds a way over?

And did Walter basically admit that by opening that one portal, he set off a cascade of world ending problems?

I do like a question now and then is getting answered, like why the Observer saved Peter and Walter from drowning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join