Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Fringe (Season Two) Discussion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
What did you think of the premier? Wicked as usual. Gotta love the relationship between massive dinamic and the colonel. Forgot to look for the Watcher, anyone see him?

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I looked for him but didn't see him.

I think this is going to be a great season although they should have "killed" dunham at the end of last season.

Now that would have been a cliff hanger.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
It was great, one of the best episodes IMO, very "X-File-esk". This season looks like it will be much better than the last one, which was great anyways. The parallel universe storyline, which appears to be about a war b/w them should take this show to a very interesting level, one that many other top sci-fi shows have not touched. I am also interested to see more about the soldier, which we found out killed whats-his-name and was took over his body--That was a good ending IMHO.

[edit on 9/18/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It threw me off because I figured since the show ended in the alternate universe, that it would continue what happened there, naturally. Which is how shows work.

But you never even saw the alt. univ. again. The way dunham flew out of the car was just crazy.

They get very realistic on that show.

I always was suspice that the massive dynamic lady and the colonel were friends, but not intimate. I found that very interesting.

It doesn't even look like I will get any questions answered.

Like what is up with the apple, And the ex boyfriends body in in the plastic casket.

Dunhams father

etc.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Isn't Fringe a JJ Abrams production?

It will be like the X-Files, constantly keeping you guessing, not revealing everything, ever...Until maybe the series finale.

And yes the way Dunham flew out the window all the sudden was WAY COOL. Very X-Files like.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

It wouldn't surprise me though I couldn't find him linked to it.

I have a feeling a lot of it will make sense in the end, you just have to be patient.

I want to see more of the alternate universe.

I don't pay much attention to behind the scenes people. But I have heard JJ name linked to the new star trek movie, which I think is just fabulous. I saw that he produced a lot of "Lost" which I don't watch but have heard enough about to to know that it is clever.

What an amazing mind he must have.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Oh and I agree about the flying out of the window part. They have some very trippy things. The accident was way trippy.

The half bodies were trippy.

Now what is everyone's theories on who the Observer is?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Sorry. The best scene in the show was the expression on the woman's face when she walks into Walter's lab and see's the cow.

And when is Peter going to figure out he's from the other universe?

-Fringe rocks.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

My guess? He's from a third universe. I'm sure Walter will throw out the whole "multi-verse" theory.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

You are right about this. Peter is not much dumber then Walter. You would think he would figure out Walters obsession with things and constant prying into his memories.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I am a little dissappointed in Fringe last night. Oh no, another genetic creature hybrid. That one has been done a few times.

Unless it is one of those, money saving budget episodes.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
And when is Peter going to figure out he's from the other universe?

Wait, what? That hadn't even occurred to me as a possibility.. How slow am I?

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I am a little dissappointed in Fringe last night. Oh no, another genetic creature hybrid. That one has been done a few times.

That was a little bit disappointing. Something thrown in so they didn't give away too much about the alternate universe in the season opener maybe?

I had expected it to start back up not to far from where it left off with Dunham still there. With her not remembering anything it'll probably be several weeks before we learn anything else about it though.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Thursdays episode was more of a "connective" episode, showing Dunham get back to work, retaking an investigation, having the side effects (the increased hearing), and setting the stage for the soldier who she thinks is her partner, or expartner-what ever he is/was,lol. Plus you really can't have too much too soon in the season, it is a show, not a movie. I liked the episode, thought it was good. Plus I think the genetic thing is more tied into the parallel universe line more then we think. I can't wait for next weeks episode. Not to mention the next night Stargate Universe comes out!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Isn't Fringe a JJ Abrams production?

Yes JJ Abrams is attached to the show. At the title screen the three producers are named and his is the first.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Two new episodes now and I have not caught the Observer once... Did they stop with that gimmick?

I liked it...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

No he is stil showing him. I didn't catch him last episode. But the premier, they pan out and look at the accident and you see him crossing the street. If you didn't recongize his fedora you wouldn't catch him.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Oh man, this weeks ending was something. Now I am thoroughly confused about the Observer. Is he a bad guy? good guy? In between? If he talks to Walter, why does he need to stalk him?

wow

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I absolutely love Fringe.

I thought the revelation of Fringe being a X designated program was like an homage to the X-Files, but at the same time I was disappointed, because I thought Fringe was going to stand on it's own two legs.

I did the thread below based on the final episode of Season 1.

(Spoiler) : Fringe : Duplicate Twin Towers, Still Standing in an Alternate Universe

Postulating about alternate universe's I theorized the what if? of the events of September 11th were something along the lines of what was shown on Fringe.

Alternative Universe's are something I have read about all of my life.

Yes, jkrog08, I have postulated alternative universes, but admitting alien existence is still far more difficult for me to believe in, but at the same time, there is still deniability, because postulating, and admitting are two seperate entities to me.

It would be like admitting I know Dick Cheney was behind September 11th, and postulating that he might have done it, without the evidence in my hand, I can only speculate.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Oh man, last nights episode was good! ONe of the best ones in my opinion! Just freaky with a social message. *laughs*

I haven't caught the observer for a few episodes though. And I have noticed they are now sticking a lot of bald guys in.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
You know, I am getting tired of the creepy creature episodes. It is old. especially when it comes out of the mouth or stomache.

But when I start having major doubts, we have an episode like this one with Walter.

The ending with agent dunham making that decision was just fantastic.

I wonder what decision I would of made?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join