It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-life Man Shot and Killed in Michigan, Nuts Rejoice (Update)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This is something that slipped under the radar. A gentle man who was against abortion was shot and murdered by a pro-choice wacko.

The pro-choice wacko also shot and killed a second man at a different location, and was allegedly looking for a third victim before he was apprehended.

So let's stop with the rhetoric that all abortion dissenters are wackos, OK? They come from both sides of the fence.

Pro-life Man Shot and Killed in Michigan, Nuts Rejoice (Update)

An anti-abortion activist gunned down Friday morning in front of Owosso High School has been identified as James Lawrence Pouillon, 63, of Owosso.

Pouillon was a longtime abortion protester, known for his highly vocal and visible public demonstrations around the community and even outside the state.
:
The 33 year old shooter also killed another older man, owner of a gravel pit nearby. His name has not been released yet.

And this type of widespread thinking is very troublesome:

It’s still possible his pro-life views weren’t the motive for his murder, though he was holding a pro-life sign at the time he was shot. What’s indisputable is some of the vile stuff coming up in the comments on this story. A sample:

Finally someone took revenge for Eric Rudolf, Michael F. Griffin, Rev. Paul Jennings Hill, John Salvi, James Kopp, etc. These nut jobs have been killing in the name of Christ for years. I guess not EVERY life is precious. Fight fire with fire. – PTrollinger

Kill the zealot, kill the zealot, kill the zealot! – llortamai

The way past lifers, deathers and birthers is to make them so scared they lock themselves in their homes and sit with their guns in their laps. – herden

I woke up to great news this morning, Its about time! – eastside32

The old man got what he was asking for. He was asking for publicity and he got it… people need to be careful what they ask for. – jsjsjs

I guess someone has taken Obama’s call for a day of service to the community seriously. – cjspeaks

www.verumserum.com...

Disgusting.

Edit - thanks, A!

[edit on 17-9-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
James Lawrence Pouillon, 63, of Owosso.

Just an assumption but I bet he fully supported the wars in Afghanistan & Iraq which have killed 10,000's of children and babies. This typical double standard highlights that the anti-abortion crowd are mostly mentally ill.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Are you saying that his views on Afghanistan were justification for his murder?

Is that your view?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This guy was displaying graphic images of aborted fetuses in front of school kids.. Who is the wacko here?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlegmi
This guy was displaying graphic images of aborted fetuses in front of school kids.. Who is the wacko here?

So, that is reason enough to murder him?

Please explain.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This is a case of murder pure and simple. There can be no justification for it. His views have no relavence. No one had the right to kill him because they disagreed. Last I heard we had the right to think and believe as we wish.

Prayers to the victims and their families.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I think it's impossible to justify his murder, but that doesn't change the larger context.

Had you taken the time to post some snippets of reactions from so-called pro-lifers after the murder of abortion doctors, you would have earned my appreciation for showing both sides of the story.

As an aside, it still pisses me off that people use the term pro-life. They're anti-choice. At least be honest.

Hell, I'm pro-life and pro-choice. I guess that's too sensible a position..too much like right.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I dont know the reason behind his murder, I am simply stating that a person of a sound mind would not be displaying such images in front of children.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I dont know the reason behind his murder, I am simply stating that a person of a sound mind would not be displaying such images in front of children.

But it took a sound mind to murder him in front of children?

Please explain.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by jsobecky]

link   
This was covered in an older thread, do a search.

Your logic here is terrible. Another man was also killed, this guy was out for blood and some guy standing on the side of the road with a sign makes for an easy target. The accused is clearly a very disturbed individual...

If a Christian murders anyone holding beliefs other than the same denomination of Christianity that then makes it a hate crime as well I suppose? If a man kills another of different race, it must be racially motivated? No, people kill people, many times for ridiculous reasons, no reason at all or simply for the sake of killing, it's sad but true.

There's nothing to indicate that it was more likely this man was targeted for his beliefs than for the simple reason the killer felt he had nothing more to lose in taking more people with him.

link   

We know that one must not do that, but
we and you KNOW that the so-called pro-life dudes killed MUCH MORE persons
than the other side, right ??

Blue skies.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by C-JEAN

We know that one must not do that, but
we and you KNOW that the so-called pro-life dudes killed MUCH MORE persons
than the other side, right ??

Blue skies.

Do we really know that?

And are you saying that the score needs to be evened up?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
its fnny how facts get covered up in an effort to forward a personal agenda,

yes it was tragic the man killed the pro right individual, escpecially in front of children. however abortion clinics are bombed often.

and let us not forget the man was holding up very grotesque signs in front of the children in an effort to influence the mind of our kids.

they were BOTH wackos.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

As it happens I'm pro-choice.

It seems however, that it has gotten to the point that disagreement with another is grounds for violence instead of engaging in intelligent discourse and if nothing else agreeing to disagree.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

Had you taken the time to post some snippets of reactions from so-called pro-lifers after the murder of abortion doctors, you would have earned my appreciation for showing both sides of the story.

Believe me, gaining your appreciation never entered my mind.

As an aside, it still pisses me off that people use the term pro-life. They're anti-choice. At least be honest.

And some would say pro-choice is analogous to anti-life. Or pro-murder.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

To be honest, I disagree. Whenever I see terms like 'anti-choice' to describe pro-life or 'pro-death' to describe pro-choice, it immediately sends up flags that those who use such terms are trying to be condescending and start a hostile debate on the subject instead of a civil one.

I'm under the impression the perpetrator's motives have not been released yet so I don't want to assume he is pro-choice (correct me if I am wrong).

However, if so, I hope this is a good lesson for everyone. The pro-life individuals who take the life of a pro-choice individual is not indicative of the entire pro-life group. Likewise, a pro-choice individual who takes the life of a pro-life individual is not indicative of the entire pro-choice group.

I am 100% pro-life and get tired of being grouped in with the very small minority of those who commit violence to make their point. If it turns out that the murderer was pro-choice or even if not, I hope this helps open the eyes of those who make such accusations to realize how frustrating it is to be generalized.

reply to post by reasonable

You make a very big assumption there. If I wanted to be as stereotypical, I could easily say those who are against the war support the right to abortion, thus making them hypocrites. Instead, how about we take the individual's stances on a case by case basis?

[edit on 9/17/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
James Lawrence Pouillon, 63, of Owosso.
Just an assumption but I bet he fully supported the wars in Afghanistan & Iraq which have killed 10,000's of children and babies. This typical double standard highlights that the anti-abortion crowd are mostly mentally ill.

Just curious. Do you support World War I and World War II? I think you will find that every war has casualties. The United States of America makes every effort to avoid civilian casualties. We follow the LOAC (Law of Armed Conflict), aka the rules of war. usmilitary.about.com... Have a look. Please become familiar with how we operate. I don't think you will find a better way. Some of the best minds in the world have tried to figure out a way to get the enemy where he hides, while avoiding the killing of innocent civilians. While there is the occasional error, costing lives, the overall ambition of the distinguished military forces we employ is to win the war with honor. As a side note, we also reconstruct nations, building schools, hospitals, roadways, utilities, and government to make a lasting peace and freedom for the countries we must inevitably and reluctantly, after much diplomatic effort, invade.

You offer a generalization that may be inappropriate, as no group thinks alike on all issues. Abortion destroys a life-form, whatever you wish to call it, hence it destroys life. I call it a child, a baby. Perhaps you call it a lump of unwanted flesh, a fetus, a growth, a tumor. In war, we call a human enemy a target, a body, the enemy. It helps us feel better to kill them. We don't think about their families, jobs, or personal contributions to the civilized world. Perhaps you are more like the soldier in battle than you realize. Terms, hermeneutics, have a lot to do with whether or not we can deal with the guilt. If I kill a soldier, and later on find out he was the father and sole supporter of a family of five little girls and a crippled wife, I feel guilty. If I kill a target, I don't. If I count a body at the end of the day, I don't. If you kill a fetus, I suppose you don't. You see, those who promote abortion are actually more like the soldier....it's just a matter of time and place and terminology.

Therefore, I reject your association of those who kill babies in war and those who fight against abortion. Your correct association would be those who kill babies in war, calling them targets, and those who kill babies in abortion, calling them fetuses.

Don't you agree?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Am I missing something here? The photo is of a normal, happy baby. The guy is referred to as praying across from abortion clinics, and he was handicapped. "just a nice, elderly gentleman who was disabled, used an oxygen tank and wore leg braces.” This is a wacko?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I'm under the impression the perpetrator's motives have not been released yet so I don't want to assume he is pro-choice (correct me if I am wrong).

However, if so, I hope this is a good lesson for everyone. The pro-life individuals who take the life of a pro-choice individual is not indicative of the entire pro-life group. Likewise, a pro-choice individual who takes the life of a pro-life individual is not indicative of the entire pro-choice group.

I am 100% pro-life and get tired of being grouped in with the very small minority of those who commit violence to make their point. If it turns out that the murderer was pro-choice or even if not, I hope this helps open the eyes of those who make such accusations to realize how frustrating it is to be generalized.

You're doing an awful job framing this within the constructs of a single issue.

What about the owner of the gavel pit? Should we assume the shooter was more of a sod man? It must be disappointing to all the pro-life people who clicked this thread hoping to let the hypocrisy fly. Sorry fellas, maybe next time.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

I agree.

I for one see pro-choice people as actually being the ones who are anti-choice.You are taking a way all the future choices that child could have made. I'm pro-life. I had the choice of delivering my daughter dead or alive. Barely half way into my pregnancy, I developed a uterine infection calling for emergency delivery, my Dr.s tried to convince me to have an emergency abortion, telling me if I had a live birth she would most likely have cerebral palsy if she even lived at all. Born without yet having developed cartilage her ears consisted of nothing more than lose skin. finger and toe nails were non existent, Having no body fat and tissue paper thin skin she would have been see-thru had it not been for the very visible vains in her skin. even thought she looked more alien than human there was no doubt in my mind that she was a human that that thought and felt pain. She didn't just turn into one by them cutting open my stomach either. Yet just a few short hours before that i had people trying to convince me she wasn't really a "baby" yet. Today she is a happy healthy six year old girl despite hearing problems from the infection and being extremely small for her age you would never know.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join