It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov't Disinfo Agents on ats

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

My wife is a dental lab tech and can shoot 35 out of 40 on the pop ups wearing full battle rattle and she is 4 foot 11 and weighs a little over a hundred pounds.

MOS doesn't have anything to do with how well a person can shoot. I have known infantry guys who couldn't shoot so they stuck them with the SAW.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

I was on an EOD security team my second tour in Iraq for 6 months - I got that CAB from one of our many firefights.

Also - JD....

I hit what I was aiming at over there.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

LOL, ain't that the truth.

My 'sharpshooter' comes from the high end of the SS spectrum.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

With a sharpshooter badge I'm assuming you was aiming at a lot of barn sides.

I'll give you some slack for being EOD. Your hands were probably shaking to bad to hold a good group.

edit to fix the badge. I had knocked you down to marksman.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by jd140]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
ATS is like a decade old and these disinfo discussion threads popup from time to time. Always fun.

To me the disinfo agents are the ones that derail a serious topic through various means, including but not limited to:

• using erroneous or trivial details in the OP to try and discredit it
  • posting MSM propaganda as holy writ and fact
  • posting hearsay and third party "he said" "she said" as proof without fact checking
  • posting completely unrelated info and using it to base their argument or stand point
  • acts of division, trying to split opinion (as can be seen in the 9/12 march thread)
  • use the race/anti-semite/homophobe/god/political card
  • use religious text as fact
  • just write anything/make stuff up to throw you off kilter
  • post that you must be a left/right/liberal/repub/birther/truther wing nut

[edit on 17-9-2009 by warrenb]

duely noted, danke sir

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
interesting conversation (besides the spam, that is)

let's try not to run the whole "I'm an agent 2 LOLOLZZZZZ" joke too far into the ground

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Divisiveness, rancor, installing fear, obfuscate, deny, lie, attack etc etc.

Kind of like this thread.

ok that's just stupid

that isn't even a reply to anything. BS, and honestly, where'd you get obfuscate from, the x-files?

I'm presenting a legitimate issue that could HELP this forum. I don't need you to trolling around like some kind of dumbass.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by piddles

They are called "moderators".

Their job is to stifle any true critical thinking.

You must dissent only in the approved fashion, or you will be penalized.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Nice picture but your tie isn't straight. Your drill sgt would be disappointed.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I KNOW WHO ARE THEY! allright!
most of the misteryos people who come and just want to u2u them if u want to change and do something about nwo stuff,them im stupid and i write them,..and they dont respond,i guess they write me to the government that im a terrorist,but hey...im from bulgaria SO TOUGH LUCK s****XDxxaxx

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Disinfo agents on ATS? I don't buy it. They have better things to do. At least I'd hope so.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have better things to do. Let's see, read the bible, go to church, laugh since no one can find the crucifix in my avatar, umm, oh yeah, I gotta pray, and umm...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I doudt the government gives a crap about this website. I don't think I've ever seen anything on this site that would hurt them really. I mean as far as aliens and conspiracy theories like that the government doesnt have to do anything, the conspiracy theorists do a good enough job and most the public writes them off as crazy. And this isnt a insult to anyone, I believe in coverups too among other things.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'll say there definitely are wanna be disinfo agents. More like secretaries/trainees in a psyop department that would like to get past the neophyte stage as soon as possible. Let's face it there is a WEALTH of data to be researched here, in terms of human behavior. A great place to get an ear to the ground perspective on "the revolution" should there be one.

One of the easiest tools to get inside a "nerd cell" is to whip up a persona like they do when looking for child predators, pose as someone they WANT or WANT TO TALK TO. Avatars and web links in profiles might lead you astray if they especially appeal to you. Remember the viral comic strip about the hairy old fat man posing as the young woman in a chat room? I'd be looking out for that, just for example.

The potential disinfo hotspots, I find, are the ones detailing religious, 2nd amendment rights and Israeli counterpoints. Invoking EXTREME responses...

Some fictitious examples:

"How come christians are so wrong all the time?"
"Jesus was nothing in Islam"

"Handguns are just stupid"
"Why do you need guns anyway"

"Just let Israel go and it will all go wit it"
"Why Israel should be destroyed"

"Obama a Kenyan slavemaster"

Provocateuring if I ever saw it. Especially watch popular threads along those lines. There will be one or two pushing a unique view to consider...

"Gov't Disinfo Agents on ats" is a thread I'd expect to normally pass over too.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Big brother is watching you!

Note the avatar.....we're just a little behind schedule kiddies,
we'll get to you in just a moment.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think that a lot of the members you may think are "Govt disinfo agents" are what we call "trolls". Basically, they're just little people that like to argue, no matter how invalid their point or disjointed their argument.

Often times, they will create a thread with a sensationalist title like "Proof that God doesn't exist" just to draw people into an argument and watch them get all crazy about it. Their goal, usually, is to drag you down to their level until your spitting and grinding your teeth while they have no real emotional investment in the voracity of their own argument.

You know the phrase "Pick your battles", it's never been more true than on the internet.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by piddles

Hi. Karl Rove here. I'll fess up.

I knew it. I can always spot a turd blossom.

Awww, puddin' does that mean we're not BFF's?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981
They also usually have very poor english skills, such that the grammer is very hard to read.

Don't you just hate people who put commas in the wrong place, can't spell grammar, don't capitalise correctly and create poorly worded sentences?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I don't know what your talking about. I am not a disinfo agent.

NINJA VANISH

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
dis[tant] info agent[xlabel]:bnghd:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join