Originally posted by warrenb
ATS is like a decade old and these disinfo discussion threads popup from time to time. Always fun.
To me the disinfo agents are the ones that derail a serious topic through various means, including but not limited to:
- using erroneous or trivial details in the OP to try and discredit it
- posting MSM propaganda as holy writ and fact
- posting hearsay and third party "he said" "she said" as proof without fact checking
- posting completely unrelated info and using it to base their argument or stand point
- acts of division, trying to split opinion (as can be seen in the 9/12 march thread)
- use the race/anti-semite/homophobe/god/political card
- use religious text as fact
- just write anything/make stuff up to throw you off kilter
- post that you must be a left/right/liberal/repub/birther/truther wing nut
[edit on 17-9-2009 by warrenb]
Originally posted by endisnighe
Divisiveness, rancor, installing fear, obfuscate, deny, lie, attack etc etc.
Kind of like this thread.
Originally posted by exile1981
They also usually have very poor english skills, such that the grammer is very hard to read.