It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Have the Right to Flip Off a Cop? (Yes You Do!)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well if i was in that parking lot with my little children ...
And this ignorant hot tempered MAN.CHILD.
Could't respect that little children do not need to see such filth ...
i would have kicked his butt..the cop wouldn't have had to arrest him.

Yes i have every right to say hey man i got kid's..they don;t need to see your rude and filthy behavior in public.
He flip's me off then....
He would be in the hospital.

Yes i go to jail but i would Gratefully go to jail to show that person there a dredge on society.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I was in a "days inn" bar in houston next to jfk having a few jovial drinks with a canadian couple that i had just met. in walks a 5' 6" sheriff with a huge gut and tells me to go to bed........ (i am 6' 3" and i have had this small man syndrome attitude all my life). needless to say i just smiled and said "sure boss"
the only thing worse than a cop with attitude is a short cop with attitude"
small man syndrome is alive and kicking.... tall people beware

PEACE,
RK

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Rights are lovely. That said, I have yet to flip anyone off and have that lead to either a better outcome to the situation or to a feeling of satisfaction. And so while the title of the thread is intriguing, I doubt I will use the information provided. Just my opinion based on personal experience.

Star for intrigue though! (Luckily for most of us we can't flip each other off here on ATS.)

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
This is an article from Time Magazine, very informative on where your right to free speech starts, and ends.

Here's a tidbit:

[size-5]warning - profanity[size]

"So I was like, How dare that person tell me? They obviously didn't see what happened. Who are they to tell me what to say?" he says. "So I flipped that person off. And then I looked, and it was a city of Pittsburgh cop in his car right next to me."

This part is hilarious! Just last weekend I was driving my brother home when a Florida Highway Patrol almost rams into me. I put my window down then press the brakes and he starts yelling, " Slow the
down, its
thirty-five and your going
40!! Put on your
seatbelt before I pull you over and give you a
ticket!!

I was like wow!

So I decided to catch up to this guy and the first question I asked him was if he had jurisdiction in a city limit. Then he got mad and told me has jurisdiction all over the State of Florida and if I don't shut up he was going to give me a (bleep) ticket. I was frustrated so I told he doesn't have to talk to people like that. A shiny plastic doesnt make anyone a better than anyone else and of course to my surprise he turns on his lights, and tells me to pull the
over!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
It was a mistake on the drivers fault,one that I am sure as soon as he looked over grabbed his head with that wth did I just do look on his face.
Its ok to hate the establishment...you just can't hate the people doing their jobs because they are people too like you and me.
Theres no reason for it really.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by DrumsRfun]

Oh, there is really a reason to hate the little Barney Fifes out there. The police are public servants. SERVANTS. I don't know why most of these useless little worms think they can abuse their authority. Their job is to serve the public, their employers. They are supposed to protect us from real criminals. Not protect themselves and their virgin sensibilities from a hand gesture. I guess it comes from the fact that no one challenges them, in court, enough. If that happened, if they could be sued, for example, for brutality or violation of civil rights consistently and very frequently, we'd likely see a change.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

When I saw the title I clicked on the link expecting to see some children on a tirade about their right to act like children.

Then I saw it was from an article in Time. With all that is happening in the world Time has space for this I thought?

Then I saw the explanation. ACLU! So I was right. Children talking about their right to act emotionally immature.

We of course do have the right to act like emotional midgets and fools, but should we?

I have not flipped anyone the "Bird" since I was a child of perhaps 18 or 20. By then I realized that I was indeed indicating my IQ and that intelligent people have other ways to communicate.

The Cop acted like a child when he cited the person. The person acted like a child which caused the Cop to act like a child. It kind of balances the equation out

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

What? Are you suggesting the police may shoot and kill you for swearing around/at them?

Bit extreme even by some US police force's standards.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

I suppose it all comes down to whether the police force are there to 'Protect and serve' the public, or to oversea and manage the public. I'm afraid things are leaning towards the latter.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

that was funny!!!!!!!

yep, you can legally flip off a cop ...
and he can illigally beat the piss out of ya ... even after someone yells "cut"

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

Was that a Michael Moore movie? Maybe I missed the part where the floating styrofoam was supposed to be a glacier that just melted. Wait, I am confusing that with another fictional movie by Al Gore. All three movies including the one on YouTube was great to watch. Hopefully the sheeple don't get fooled into thinking that was a real cop and that the event wasn't staged.

Anyways, back in the real world, you are a complete moron if you approach a police officer (county, city, state) or a federal agent and flip them off. You are only making yourself a "person of interest" which nothing good ever leads too. Did you miss that check mark on your tax form? Hmm... Suddenly the alphabet soup of agencies thinks of ways to make you less energetic. Not saying that this will happen to everyone but under the right circumstances, it won't turn out well for you.

One last thing to consider as I have seen enough posts on here to understand why so many people have been hit in the head by the police, tasered or arrested; you are idiots. Plain and simple. There is no other profession outside of law enforcement that puts their life on the line every single day except for the armed forces. You wouldn't walk into a lawyers office and flip them off and lawyers can be extremely cocky. How about a doctor's office? I know, how about those parking meter maids. Yeah, we should totally flip them off. Do yourself a favor and experiment with meth or other toxic drugs. The world would be much better off without you idiots taking up the time of the police when they could actually be out saving people or arresting people. Thanks douche bags....

Not bad for my first post after being banned. Wahoo!

[edit on 23-9-2009 by House Of Mirrors]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om

That's hilarious!

You have the right to behave like a moron, the cops reserve the right to put your punk ass down in style

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The officer made a tactical mistake imo by citing the guy for "obscene language and gestures"... on duty police officers can't be legally be offended.

Here in California flipping a cop the "bird" can be characterized by sworn officers as displaying "the international challenge to fight".. and challenging someone to fight in public is a misdemeanor
(covered under 415PC)

... and the police can arrest for misdemeanors committed in their presence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join