It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are all going to die...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This post was inspired by the thread:
Secret Society gearing up and preparing for 2012
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Death

We are all aware of it, we have all "lost" someone to it, and if you watch TV, you see it reported on most every day somewhere. But what is death, anyway? Some people are obsessed with death, and some just don't care anymore.

I used to work in a funeral home. I was in preliminary training to be a mortician. We had someone come in most every day or so, and my job was to wash and clean the body, hair, and so on, and get it ready for my boss, who would do the incisions and apply the embalming fluid. The bodies were cold, and dead. You could do anything to them and they would not draw away, or voice a protest. That which animated the body was gone to another place, and what was left was nothing but a cold, dead receptacle where a person used to live.

The thing that struck me funny, and still does is how the survivors will spend out thousands of dollars to "respect the dead," even though the dead person may not have been such a good person alive. Bills of $20,000 were common, and this was in the 70s, I can't imagine how much it costs today. Usually a person would get up there and talk about the dead guy/girl,and would say things that were out and out lies, for everyone seems to be good when they are dead.

Death has many meanings, and you can see from the Dictionary.com definition:

death [deth]

1. the act of dying; the end of life; the total and permanent cessation of all the vital functions of an organism. Compare brain death.
2. an instance of this: a death in the family; letters published after his death.
3. the state of being dead: to lie still in death.
4. extinction; destruction: It will mean the death of our hopes.
5. manner of dying: a hero's death.
6. (usually initial capital letter) the agent of death personified, usually represented as a man or a skeleton carrying a scythe. Compare Grim Reaper.
7. Also called spiritual death. loss or absence of spiritual life.
8. Christian Science. the false belief that life comes to an end.
9. bloodshed or murder: Hitler was responsible for the death of millions.
10. a cause or occasion of death: You'll be the death of me yet!
11. Archaic. pestilence; plague. Compare Black Death.
—Idioms
12. at death's door, in serious danger of death; gravely ill: Two survivors of the crash are still at death's door.
13. be death on, Informal.
a. to be excessively strict about: That publisher is death on sloppily typed manuscripts.
b. to be snobbish about or toward.
c. to be able to cope with easily and successfully: The third baseman is death on pop flies.
14. do to death,
a. to kill, esp. to murder.
b. to repeat too often, to the point of becoming monotonous and boring: That theme has been done to death.
15. in at the death,
a. Fox Hunting. present at the kill.
b. present at the climax or conclusion of a situation.
16. put to death, to kill; execute.
17. to death, to an extreme degree; thoroughly: sick to death of the heat.
Origin:
bef. 900; ME deeth, OE dēath; c. G Tod, Goth dauthus; akin to ON deyja to die 1 ; see -th

dictionary.reference.com...

But we are talking about human death, aren't we?
How many people reading this knows that you are an Immortal Being, a Spirit, that inhabits a human body for a time?
How many think that when the body dies, the spirit dies too? How many have had a Near Death Experience? A Past Life Experience? How may can actually remember things from a past life? How many times have you met someone new, and deep down, knew that you know this person, even though you had never seen them before?

The NDE and Reincarnation

Kevin Williams' research conclusions

Reincarnation is considered by some to be the greatest "unknown" scientific discovery of modern times. In the last chapter of Dr. Ian Stevenson's book entitled Twenty Cases Suggestive of Reincarnation (1967), he provides exhaustive scientific reasoning which concludes that reincarnation is the only viable explanation that fits the facts of his study. He considers every possible alternative explanation for his twenty cases of young children who were spontaneously able to describe a previous lifetime as soon as they learned to talk. He was able to rule out alternative explanations using one or more of his cases. Later research also bolstered his findings in favor of the reality of reincarnation. His study is also reproducible for any skeptic who doubts the validity of his study to repeat it for themselves. I believe it is only a matter of time before these findings are realized by the scientific community to be one of the great scientific discoveries of all time.

www.near-death.com...

I know many Christians in here will gladly debate me that reincarnation is not real, but I know better. Now I know that when we do incarnate into a human body on this world, all memories are wiped clean, but sometimes a glitch in the program causes a person to remember.

My own past live memories began entirely spontaneously. As a young boy, I often had clear memory of being in battle, I could hear the gunshots, and smell the gunpowder and hear the screams of the dead and dying. This still goes on to this day. I can sometimes "see" dead people, and I have "seen" 6 soldiers of a forgotten era that have somehow stayed with me all of these years. For what purpose, I do not know.

I have been through past life regression. I can remember little events and snips of many previous lives, and if one researches this on the internet, one can find many things refering to this. To me, Death is a misnomer. It isn't real.
We human beings are containers for a soul. the soul is important, the body is not. When I choose to leave this world, or that choice is made for me, I will step out of this human container and still be quite alive.

Some research links:

Past Life Memory Bank
www.open-sesame.com...

Past Life Memories and Experiences
www.geocities.com...

Where Do Past-life Memories Come From? (PDF)
www.ibrt.org...

Past Life Recall and Spiritual Enlightenment
www.som.org...

A Civil War Past Life Memory
www.newvision-psychic.com...

Reincarnation and the Bible
near-death.com...

Reincarnation in world religions
www.comparativereligion.com...

Evidence for Reincarnation in the Bible
markmason.net...

Saul and the Witch of Endor
focusonjerusalem.com...

You see, we don't really die! We are all Immortal Beings! We are Spirit, not human. People have gotten so deep into their technologies that they have forgotten who they really are. They think of themselves as their profession first, name second, and political flavor or religion next. Ask me, I will say, "I am Spirit, and I live in and inhabit this body you see here." You are Spirit too, friend, never forget this.

A few months ago, I was sitting on my sofa watching TC. All of a sudden like the room got very quiet. I realized that I had stepped out, or was pulled out of my body and was standing there in front of it in true Spirit form. This happened three times. I think it was meant to show me that this is how it will be, you know, WTSHTF.

Questions, anyone? Love and Light to All Beings.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
A good post, and great links, thanks, I'll be looking at them in a bit

Just wanted to say that I agree with you wholly. My own experiences speak to the truth of it all, and my wife had an NDE when she was quite young, and remembers everything about it. (she's one of those weird folks who remembers everything when they are young. Even to the point of being in her crib at 1 year old and feeling the dirty diaper lol)

Her NDE is amazing, and very convincing. So, on a personal level, as well as personal experiences, I KNOW the truth of it. There's no fear of death in our household. Death is not the end, just the next step on a constant journey.

Anyhow, just wanted to toss that in here for you, you're not alone by far.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Thank you for the links. Checking them out now
Viva La Life!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Excellent post my friend. I total agree. I have had a NDE myself and before that I can honestly say I was scared of dying, but my situation completely changed my perception of death and I am no longer afraid of it. As a matter of fact I will embrace it when it comes.I also just recently lost both of my grandparents, who you could consider my parents because they raised me, 4 days apart and a bit unexpected. My family members were a bit surprised on how well I was taking it but it is because I know their death is not the end, death is not the end of any of us. Star and Flag for you.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Good post S&F:

For a long time, I have fought with the idea of reincarnation. It wasn't until I recently sat down and recalled some of my childhood memories and dreams, that I began to change my mind on the subject. When I was a lot younger, I would have this recurring dream of me waking up inside a house that was on fire. It always felt very real, and I could feel the adrenaline rushing through me. I would never make it out of the house because I was always trying to take as many of my material possessions with me. From as early as 3 years old, I can remember certain patterns triggering a flash-back sort of memory for me. In this flash-back, I'd see burning flesh and holes in skin. I still get these to this day. All these things lead me to believe that I may have died a violent death in my past life

I should also mention that I too have had out of body experiences. One time, it resulted in me actually seeing my 'spirit arm' coming out of my body.

your OP gave me hope in this time of darkness

[edit on 17-9-2009 by leira7]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I've always thought people remembering past lives, or glimpsing into future lives was a glitch in the sytem too OP

In reality though, we are living all our lives at once- so in that sense there really are no past lives or future lives- and the same way as most of us dont remember our past lives most of us have forgotten we are living more than one life at a time.

Will check out your links.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Great topic and content, S&F OP!!!

I had a recurring dream when I was 3 to 5 years old that I am convinced was some kind of a glimpse into a former life. In the dream, I can remember being in chains and led through the desert to a small settlement. I remember the structures looked like they were made out of limestone or something of that nature, with long wooden ladders layed against it so as to get to different parts of the building. This is all that I really remember, but I am fairly certain that in a past life I was a slave...my gut tells me Egypt, but I really can't be sure.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I know many Christians in here will gladly debate me that reincarnation is not real,

Yes because they are conditioned to think that- churches would lose control if people thought they had another life time to work things out- that is why the catholic church brought in confession- to combat the growing belief in reincarnation- it gave the people another chance in this lifetime.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I've never had a NDE but I have pretty distinct and detailed "memories" (or dreams?) or places I have never been to in this lifetime. Some seem futuristic and not even on this world and some seem from other countries in the past. They're not places I have read about or as far as I know seen on TV so it's pretty bizarre. As far as death, it comes to us all so I hope (and my gut feeling tells me) that there is more that happens after we leave this life.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It's weird. In another ATS 'incarnation', lol, I used to say all and more that others have said so far in this thread.

I've seen a couple of ghosts and one of these was a 'proven' ghost -- I learned his identity a few days after the experience, even though I'd never known him in real life and had no connection. So, yes, ghosts are real and I have no interest in debating it with anyone who claims otherwise. They might see a ghost before their life is over. They might not. Until they do, they have no reason to believe them and I can understand why they wouldn't take anyone else's word for the reality of ghosts.

I've had the past-life visions, not many, but pretty persuasive.

And for years, I was like the OP .. said the same things .. read all the books for decades .. and when I had the opportunity I tried to reassure others that they had no reason to fear death.

And yet --- lately, I'm no longer sure and have even begun to suspect that for most, death is final .. like going to sleep and never waking up.

And that's ok too. That's nothing to complain about. Most people need and deserve a good long sleep after struggling through life

It doesn't bother me either way. And in any case, there's not a thing we can do about it

To be honest, if the 'afterlife' is filled with the same people as real life, I wouldn't want to be in their company because generally speaking, people aren't all that great. So who the hell would want to avoid them in real life, only to find themselves stuck in the same situation after death ?

I do believe the concept of reincarnation is very seductive. That's why people want to believe it. Ego. And greed.

It's to be hoped that if people do reincarnate, that it's subject to the commonly-held concept of 'karma' ... whereby they'll reincarnate alright --- in accordance with how they've conducted themselves during 'life'.

For example, Cheyney, Bush and their ilk .. the mass murderers .. the slaughterers of thousands all down through history -- the superficial wastes of time, the liars, the cheats, the manipulators

if they come back and if there is ANY justice in the universe, then surely scum would be reincarnated in a manner which would knock the grins off their faces ?

But most people don't think that way. They WANT to believe in the 'clean slate' theory. They do NOT want to have to make amends or clean their OWN slate via a thousand reincarnations as pond life.

Anyway, despite what each of us might have experienced or believed we experienced --- the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. Until then, it's all speculation --- and wishful thinking on the part of most

Which is an entirely different type of post compared with those I've submitted in this and other forums over the years -- particularly since reading Jung's opinions re: the dead

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Excellent post. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Wonderful post!! It brought to mind while reading it of what David Icke (love em or hate him ) said about seeing his mothers body at her funeral..how the picture above the coffin of her alive was so full of light and life, he understood then that the body was merely a container and no more.
Something i too have always believed, our beings are eternal, i do not know why i know this, i have no 'proof' to back it up, it just comes to me as common sense i guess i could say...death is only part of a much, much larger cycle of death and rebirth, reincarnation has always seemed.....obvious i guess.. the earth herself shows us this cycle as the seasons change from life to death, death to life, each day the sun rises and sets shows us the cycle and so on.. not to mention the hugely larger than we can probably even comprehend at this time, cycles in our world and the cosmos as a whole..

My own death has never scared me really, i dont want to go yet, but i have to say i am damned well looking forward to see what comes next when it is 'my time' ..in hopes as well certain answers will come from it..
Once released from our human bodies, i would imagine..and hope.. our souls themselves are limitless..endless
S&F to you

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Nothing ever dies I dont think its possible no one has proven that we dont exist after our bodies take its last breath

Sometimes I am afraid of dying but other times I want to and not because of depression or anything like that its just so I can cure my own curiosity for what could possibly be on the other side as its called

But enough of this talk time for some living laterz all

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Northernwolf]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Mental Illness is a terrible thing.

Im seriously worried about some of the folks on ATS who are living in fantasy land and appear to be living out comics and cartoons and books fomr their youth.

Life is not so bad...not full of conspiracies...no one is out to get you. You dont have to be from another planet..or another life-just be you. Its okay. Really.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
We all die, we're all energy so only our bodies die, I get your point. Been "feeling" that feeling for years.

And I believe what worries people isn't dieing but how they're going to die. I'd preferably go peacefully in my sleep then horrifically and slowing through a wood-chipper.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Good post OP you have nailed it with this post.

we are on a almost never ending journey and this present life is just one of many path we travel.

we are in exciting times right now all chose to be here at present.

just most don't know it.

SM

new topics

top topics

join