It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science is finally taking a new approach, a CURE for religion.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

No, not really, but that's not the point I was making. This was a superstition derived from the oldest religions and yet people still tolerate this stuff.

It's amusing at times nothing to be believed in as most know. Does have some strangely correct things to say about personality though. But, in the end who are you to judge? As for your quote, allow me to quote myself, "Think for yourself!". Your words are simular to those that you condeme in that you condeme that which you don't agree with.

A better question would be who do we not know of, what buried heretical work are we oblivious to that we should know. We were lucky that some heretics' reputations proceeded them.

Assumption is great isn't it?

Back in ancient Egypt when the priest wanted to bury someone, they go across the land erasing evidence of his/her existence - they knew how to obliterate the influence of heretics.

Actually, your extrapolating the cases of a few pharaohs.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

It's amusing at times nothing to be believed in as most know. Does have some strangely correct things to say about personality though.

They're just Barnum statements, which Derren Brown likes to pick on a lot.

But, in the end who are you to judge?

It's absolute bollocks, and all you have to do is get 2 different issues for the same date from 2 different newspapers and compare then and they don't at all line up.

Assumption is great isn't it?

And on the other hand, what would have happened if the church had just stood away from free inquiry? Science gives rise to technology, Religion just gets in the way.

Actually, your extrapolating the cases of a few pharaohs.

Yes and? The aim was to remove specific Pharaohs from the historic record.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

They're just Barnum statements, which Derren Brown likes to pick on a lot.

I care why? As I said, I am profoundly uninterested in what a great deal of what I can best see as the "priests" of your "non-religion" that yet acts amazingly like one has to say. I'm one of those people that don't like party lines and prefer to make up his own mind.

It's absolute bollocks, and all you have to do is get 2 different issues for the same date from 2 different newspapers and compare then and they don't at all line up.

Missed the point of the question eh? Or do you think that your opinion is the only one that counts?

And on the other hand, what would have happened if the church had just stood away from free inquiry? Science gives rise to technology, Religion just gets in the way.

Incidently, the Church also encouraged and funded scientific study. You choose the time period it did not for your own purposes. Technology which in turn gave rise to the atom bomb, germ warfare and all the lovely weapon technologies that make whole sale slaughter so much easier. Your point was exactly? Humanity gets in the way of himself. Not any of his concepts I hate to tell you. Take away a concept and another to be abused will be found. But of course it's easier to play scapegoatsie.But I love how you scientism people are so keen on starting a new cycle of silliness.

Yes and? The aim was to remove specific Pharaohs from the historic record.

Which was not in line with your statement. I know your going to go with the whole "God-King" line and decide that it thusly makes it religious. But you were after all talking about priests doing it to other priests. But Phaoroh was a different animal altogether. Might want to know Egyptian History before commenting on it, just a suggestion.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Steven Weinberg, Quoted In The New York Times, April 20, 1999 ...
20 Apr 1999 ... But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, The New York Times, April 20, 1999 . ...

All wrong, it's the manipulation done by people that cause you to do something bad. Besides, we MUST keep the free will at all times.
A religious gene doesn't exists but it could be measured what a deep believes does to you by looking at the activity of your brain.
Another fact, what would the NWO be without a religious mind-control system ?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I got a very effective but very painful cure for my life as a fundie Christian. I got a nice bit of money and my church recommended to me a man to help me invest it.
I created a website for my story - www.swindledforjesus.com...

Now I am out of money and it has been total agony but I now have Sunday morning free.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I've just been reading thru, sorry to say but what a load of crap.

Personally I don't believe in there being a god who began everything.

If there is anything to be worshipped then it should be the earth we live on. The destruction we do to it daily.

Adaptation is the key to survival of any species. This includes all species. How can the trees adapt when we go in with chainsaws? How can the sealife who we add chemicals?

Back to the scientists. When they can pinpoint their claims and attach it to a broken string on DNA like this:

en.wikipedia.org...

I will believe them. And why/who/how did they get into this line of research to start with?

As for religion, I am not interested in people knocking on my door to tell me about theirs. They are perfectly entitled to believe what they want. Keep it to themselves. If all of a sudden 'devil worshippers' started advertising their agenda at their place of gathering I really think TpTb would try to stop them.

Believe what you want. I believe there is a bigger picture to everything and none of us individually will find out what. I think it's a group type enlightment and we will all go 'wow' and wake up to ourselves.

Everyone has the right to their own opinion. I would fight for that right above any other. Noone has the right to take that away.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Wow! Lots of good points made in this one! I can't wait to see additional updates to this research.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
I believe the below link to be a historic moment:

www.youtube.com...

This is virtually a public outing of a new movement in science. One that I have been eagerly awaiting. I believe the core of the above message is that science can stop religion in it's tracks by way of a biological cure. Religious belief and fervor is a biological/genetic trait. Science is constantly pinning down the 'god region' and is very close to finding the precise genetic markers of religious belief. Just a few days ago it was announced colorblind monkeys were cured with gene therapy. I believe many scientists behind the scenes are currently plotting the same technologies could cure religion. Ideally it can be a therapy with an aerosol like distribution, or could be covertly added to the nations water supply, food supply, vaccine programs, etc. This will not only be a brilliant thing for the USA but for the Middle East as well and all countries biologically held prisoner by this disease. It would mean the complete awakening of mankind and prosperity we can not even imagine.

These mentioned scientist will be dragon food for such BLASPHEMY SO BE IT DRAGONS LIKE NONBELIEVING SOULS THEY CRY LOUDER THEN ANY OTHER SOUL FOR MERCY FROM THE WHO THEY NEVER ACKNOWLEGED.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
And if you doubt DRAGONS EXIST SHAME ON YOU LOL.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
According to the divine message: the god's gene book Gods has give people Superpowers

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
SCIENCE "is" the New RELIGION. So its about time for the PHYSICIANS to HEAL themselves. Which we know will never happen because SCIENCE or MEDICINE hasnt found a Cure for anything in their entire existence.
Scientists and Religionists are really the same: Science has itsTHEORIES and Religion has its PROPHECIES (same difference).

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Maybe at one point, religion was a genetic advantage, but like the moth, the genetic benefit can turn to a disadvantage when there are too many fires in which to orbit.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join