It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science is finally taking a new approach, a CURE for religion.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
Holy, or is it, unholy crap! Destroy free will, engineer a world that suits who? Science isn't finding a cure, they would be find a way to neuter freedom and freewill. Why don't the "Find the gene" that causes people to disprove of religion and spray that in your face? What a perverted and maniacal concept is this to promote. Why not find the gene that causes children to smile and spray the antidote in their faces. Who are the divine authorities that think they have an f'ing clue about humanity, decency, truth, justice, or anything livable want to sucker people into thinking this is a great idea?

I have free will, I'd like you too as well

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Im of no religion. I care not what you believe. It is your birth right, why should I take that from you or even desire to do so.

I have no desire to change you....

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Everyone has free will....you are saying that their choices they make in their free will should be taken away from them so no you do not wish others have free will.

No one can make another mind think a certain way they dont want to. In our minds we are all free. Its the world that shackles us. Shoot...I live in the Bible belt and most of them would call me a heretic for my thoughts...but I have no problem with them being my neighbors, my other Americans....its not a threat to me that the majority around me dont perceive things as I do.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

Im of no religion. I care not what you believe. It is your birth right, why should I take that from you or even desire to do so.

I have no desire to change you....

If you could genetically fix children to not have asthma would you avoid it simple because asthma was their 'birth right' ?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
Everyone has free will....you are saying that their choices they make in their free will should be taken away from them so no you do not wish others have free will.

Look at my avatar, the jesus camp child. You think that brainwashed child has free will? PUHLEASE...

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Asthma is a physical problem, the thoughts and the perceptions of individual minds is not.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

I too believe there's nothing wrong with spirituality or one believing in "some thing higher or self". I think the "cure" mentioned religion, which is different. Like you said corrupt, and what is corrupt is evil but most that follow a group think religion are unable to see the evil and so remain part of it.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

My mother chose to raise me strictly Christian. Later in life, with my own logic and thoughts, I moved away from this. She wasnt brain washing me, she was sharing her nurture with me. But I have my own mind, I was able to discover that this was not my nurture nor nature....but I could have my own thoughts.

I do agree that children can be brainwashed. But this is the environment, not a gene.

It took 3 years for me to shed the fears that religion placed in me, but I have no regrets because it all taught me many things about myself and what I felt and thought.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Reply to post by Sundancer

It's true.

The way I see it is that everything has a counterpart in this universe. There will be atheist and believers, war and peace, matter and antimatter...it's just a characteristic of this "whatever" we live in.

There will never be a "cure". Counterparts will always exist, it is a "genetic marker" of the universe so to speak.

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
Reply to post by Sundancer

There will never be a "cure".

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

There is no possible way you can know that.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Reasonable, you don't have to answer this and I mean no offence.

I'm wondering if you experienced something bad while growing up to do with religion?

[edit on 20-9-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

No. Religion causes humans to kill, it's pretty simple and proven countless times to be the case. To say religion does not kill is a cop out. You think some of these extremists could still get whipped up into a suicidal frenzy without the genetic predisposition to become religious or follow something with blind faith? It is that genetic flaw that needs to be removed so humanity can advance

If religion causes people to kill. How is it your still kick'in?
oh ya and, What are you another obsessed atheist?

[edit on 20-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Reasonable, you don't have to answer this and I mean no offence.

I'm wondering if you experienced something bad while growing up to do with religion?

[edit on 20-9-2009 by _Phoenix_]

I grew up in the deep south, southern baptist territory. I refused religion and racism and it made my life hell for many years. I found it all putrid and it still is to this day (i go back to visit my parents once every 4 years). Last visit was the worst having endured a redneck spitting on my mother for having an Obama button on her shirt. He also called her a communist sinner. My experiences ultimately led me to leave the USA when I saw this evangelical base growing nationwide. So yes, I am bitter to say the least. These people are sick and need help. I can't do anything about it but feel science will solve this just like it solves many complex problems.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by reasonable]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

No. Religion causes humans to kill, it's pretty simple and proven countless times to be the case. To say religion does not kill is a cop out. You think some of these extremists could still get whipped up into a suicidal frenzy without the genetic predisposition to become religious or follow something with blind faith? It is that genetic flaw that needs to be removed so humanity can advance

If religion causes people to kill. How is it your still kick'in?
oh ya and, What are you another obsessed atheist?

I don't recall saying religion kills everyone.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Religion has all the answers!

Science has all the answers!

Sounds like someone's religion is science.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.

Unfortunately, there are no 100% cures for any of the many mental illnesses that beset mankind. There are medications to reduce the effects, but you cannot "cure" a problem as deeply rooted in the brain as schizophrenia, down syndrome, or religious indoctrination.

Well just kill 6 billion and start over....

Humans are inherently hunters and our aggressiveness causes us to do evil events as religion pictures it. If we didn’t have religion would we have evil? We would still have those aggressive events but if we saw them as normal human nature we would be in a very different world of what we would like it to be.

So the question is does religion make us the human we wish to be or the evil we do not want to be. I would suggest if we had no religion we would still be a very aggressive hunter like species…. Well at least maybe population control would be a moot point then.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I don't recall saying religion kills everyone.

well i realise that but i figured you to be on their hit list at least.
get over it.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by D.E.M.

Unfortunately, there are no 100% cures for any of the many mental illnesses that beset mankind. There are medications to reduce the effects, but you cannot "cure" a problem as deeply rooted in the brain as schizophrenia, down syndrome, or religious indoctrination.

Well just kill 6 billion and start over....

Humans are inherently hunters and our aggressiveness causes us to do evil events as religion pictures it. If we didn’t have religion would we have evil? We would still have those aggressive events but if we saw them as normal human nature we would be in a very different world of what we would like it to be.

So the question is does religion make us the human we wish to be or the evil we do not want to be. I would suggest if we had no religion we would still be a very aggressive hunter like species…. Well at least maybe population control would be a moot point then.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Xtrozero]

Countries vast in 'non-believers' seem to be doing just fine, such as Sweden & denmark AND they rank in the top for quality of life!
Just imagine if we followed their lead.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Countries vast in 'non-believers'
I would have to argue this point with you also. I bet the u.s
has far more disbelievers than sweden and denmark put together.
any way i believe this link. will make things crystal clear to you. as to why
your hopes are hooey.
all you will ever find is bs. you look at the evil men do, and because of it
you delete all poosbility of the creator. you get one big raspberry pal.
above top secret

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable

Countries vast in 'non-believers' seem to be doing just fine, such as Sweden & denmark AND they rank in the top for quality of life!
Just imagine if we followed their lead.

Well how about communism that between Russia and China has killed well over 100 million in their non religious endeavors. Japan wasn’t very religious during WWII and neither were the Germans, Pol Pot wasn’t either and neither was Genghis Khan. It seems normally when religion is absent things are much worst.

So in the examples you gave do you think it is a lack of religion or just social structering that has developed them to how they are. I would think religion, or lack of thereof, has nothing to do with it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join