It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science is finally taking a new approach, a CURE for religion.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So are you saying that current atheists do not have this gene? Therefore they are not afflicted by this religious disease that the rest of us poor saps are?

This is a ridiculous exercise. For starters where is the proof other than opinion that people would be better off without their faith in god? For some, god provides hope and strength to get through the hard times. God also gives some hope for life after death and in paradise/heaven. In other words god provides meaning to life for alot of people.

So you would so readily take that away?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Maybe there's a cure for evolutionist as well!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave
So are you saying that current atheists do not have this gene? Therefore they are not afflicted by this religious disease that the rest of us poor saps are?

This is a ridiculous exercise. For starters where is the proof other than opinion that people would be better off without their faith in god? For some, god provides hope and strength to get through the hard times. God also gives some hope for life after death and in paradise/heaven. In other words god provides meaning to life for alot of people.

So you would so readily take that away?

It's not taking anything away anymore than cutting out a tumor is taking something away. People would not have a sense of loss after the cure, they would have a sense of awakening, of self reliance, of freedom and liberation to think for themselves. It would be a euphoric state. Quite like someone who was hooked on drugs for years and then given a treatment to cure them of the addiction.. they would get their life back, their mind back. We are talking about liberating people, I see nothing bad about that.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

freedom and liberation to think for themselves

Religion is a choice today for everyone. As you are most likely an athiest by choice. Just like others who choose faith. That choice is liberation and freedom.

I am not sure where you are coming from. No one has or ever will force me to believe in god, it is a choice I am free to make. Perhaps atheists are the ones who need to be "fixed" in order to give them choice.

There is no euphoria in believing that when I die, I am dead and gone and nothing but dust.

The greed and misdeeds of those in power are not those of faithfilled men. These are power mongers who use whatever means available to gain even more power and possessions. In some cases they use religion as a means to their end. This is what makes those who would blame religion for all the troubles of the world.

Man can be swayed and mesmorized by words and desparation and religion need not be the only culprit every time. Look at Obama for example, it is not his religion that captured the hearts and minds of people. Many infamous great leaders in mans history have successfully gained their prominence without religion and their followers would do as asked no matter.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This is a disturbing thread.

Reasonable, on one hand I'm thinking you might really be a theist, who's desperately trying to add ridiculous arguing points to the atheist's side of the fence in some kind of misguided attempt to discredit atheist's view by association (like a foolishly feeble attempt or a first try at subterfuge).

But on the other hand, I think there's an equal chance that you might actually be an atheist, but a hypocrite for thinking it might be a good idea to force someone to believe one thing or another while choosing to be an atheist in that most atheists started upon the path of atheism because of an inherent need to question authority while all others simply accept it.

Authority or deception is what you are saying we should use against the theists (by clandestinely administering the "cure"), as if it were possible. That, in my opinion, is highly malicious behavior (something Monsanto might do), and if you truly believe that we should take steps to force people NOT to believe in God, then I don't want you on my side. THAT is NOT what atheism is about, and I think you might want to reflect on what you really believe in.

The only thing a person believes in when they are born is that falling and loud noises are bad things - everything else is learned through example and indoctrination by parents, teachers and others with the same beliefs. To force someone into one belief or another isn't forcing belief, it's enforcing tyranny and oppression.

It is highly disturbing to me how true it is that the mistakes made in life are meant to be made over and over and over again for all eternity. If you're all that desperate, maybe you could lobby to administer 300mg of Thorazine on every religious believer...that'd stop 'em even if the gene didn't exist. You could set up road blocks to stick em in the arm and bracelet the ones walking around aimlessly with blank stares in their faces like cattle so that you'd know who had already been given the 'medication'.

Good Lord, reasonable...be reasonable.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is something we should NEVER accept.

What else will they want to change next? make people who do not disagree much, people who want stand up for themselves? create a world full of sheeple? etc etc

Be careful.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
O.K., my first post, so cut me some slack!

I can proudly say that I not only believe in my Father God, but that He is a real and constant presence for me, a deep and abiding peace and freedom. I can't help but believe that most people are confusing "religion" with the real existence of an Almighty God.
"Religion" is a man-made concept, just another form of control over the masses, another whip to wield over the backs of slaves. "Religion" has condemned countless souls to hell and innumerable lives on earth to misery and suffering. There will never be peace or freeedom for everyone because those who hold "religious power" (preachers, priests,any form of "religious"leader) make sure to pit one against the other instead of revealing the truth of real LOVE.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

"Science is finally taking a new approach, a CURE for religion."

= = = = = = =

A scientist found Jesus!!! PTL!!!!!

cause............Jesus is the ONLY cure for "religion"

SWEET!!!!!!

OT

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Great first post jb35!!!!

OT
star4ya

[edit on 17-9-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Cure for atheism

A young lady came home and told her Mother that her boyfriend had proposed but she had turned him down because she found out he was an atheist, and didn't believe in Heaven or Hell."Marry him anyway, dear." the Mother said. "Between the two of us, we'll show him just how *wrong* he is."

[edit on 083030p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Many scientific theories are as much clown theories as creationism.
Science is clueless as to the nature of consciousness.
Most Universities that teach psychology only teach how to manipulate people
into being controlled consumers. They also teach to let your anger out-this is so wrong
as it develops the habit of anger rather than transforming the anger into positive energy.

The Big Bang theory is another clown theory.
Science cannot deal with the subtleties of consciousness so it needs the big shoes
bright red nose and pyrotechnics of the Big Bang to start a universe-Big time clown theory.

Much in science has helped people but I'd rather do without the deranged scientists who
work on nukes and death rays and bio-weapons as they are truly clown retards who do not
even understand one simple-kindergarten level point-the preciousness of life.

Science needs to weed out the clowns and clown theories which are less intelligent than the religions that teach non-violence and the sacredness of life. It's not intelligent to spend all this
time and money on ways to blow up the planet or poison life. Unless science has a reverence
for life than it is below the demented clown level and is worse than most religions.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Yeah,I was hoping that there would be someone else who realized that what is called "religion" today is no different than being called a Dem or a republican. The truth of God was hijacked millenia ago. What you have now does not even resemble what Jesus taught or what Father God intended for us. The truth is as simple as Jesus taught, Do unto others as you would have done to you. But that is too simple for most people because they can never see life thru someone elses eyes.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
For some reason I just got a vision of a whole planet of Fred "Mr. Rodgers"-type individuals, profoundly sedated and genetically altered to be less "fanatical." Instead, sitting around playing with puppets like Lady Elaine Fairchild and saying in flat, medicated monotoes..."hello, neighbor," voices calm and without the slightest degree of fervor or fancy.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35

Yeah,I was hoping that there would be someone else who realized that what is called "religion" today is no different than being called a Dem or a republican. The truth of God was hijacked millenia ago. What you have now does not even resemble what Jesus taught or what Father God intended for us. The truth is as simple as Jesus taught, Do unto others as you would have done to you. But that is too simple for most people because they can never see life thru someone elses eyes.

And yet you likely think Obama is an Indonesian Muslim Welfare Thug. Am I right? What are your views on Healthcare? As a Godly person do you believe that uninsured children should be given care by the government or left to rot?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

There is no way me for to know what Obama believes to be the truth in his heart. I cannot judge him on his belief systems, they aren't my business. I can only judge how he handles the job that he was elected to do. My children ARE uninsured, that's why we use a charity hospital, has always worked fine for us. The argument about healthcare is not even about healthcare, its about raping and pillaging what little the average American has left in their pocket!! Don't try to draw me out with anger. I aint' mad at ya!!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

There is no way me for to know what Obama believes to be the truth in his heart. I cannot judge him on his belief systems, they aren't my business. I can only judge how he handles the job that he was elected to do. My children ARE uninsured, that's why we use a charity hospital, has always worked fine for us. The argument about healthcare is not even about healthcare, its about raping and pillaging what little the average American has left in their pocket!! Don't try to draw me out with anger. I aint' mad at ya!!

No but you have proven your hypocrisy for us. I know exactly where you stand. Like my evangelical neighbor next door all lovely and pious on the surface. We had some English move next door to her and they trimmed the christians tree which was hanging over their fence and dropping crud everywhere in their yard. The christian came out and went nuts, told her to go back where she came from, etc. How do I know this? The nice english lady is friends with my wife and was here discussing it and horribly upset. I can spot the pious routine anywhere and I can tell by your tone you have some nice picket signs of Obama dressed like a nazi in your garage like the rest of em.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable

And yet you likely think Obama is an Indonesian Muslim Welfare Thug. Am I right? What are your views on Healthcare? As a Godly person do you believe that uninsured children should be given care by the government or left to rot?

You my friend are getting your sources one-sided...relax, look around, there is so much more to faith then your "keith obermin goggles"

For instance: hmm? www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

My goodness, are we a little rabid tonite? I would almost believe that you are trying to punish God because you are too scared to have the faith that is required to just believe His truth. I am terribly sorry about your experience with a religious nut. Me and my family can no longer attend a "church" because those buildings are so full of self-righteous haters. We have had to leave "religion" behind and just learn to listen to the author of the book Himself. You know, if you wanted to get some truth from the bible and God, you could just ask Him to guide you. I mean, if you had Edgar Allen Poe readily accessible 24-7 and you were reading his lit., wouldn't you ask him a question or two? That's the kind of access you can have with God, just for the asking!!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Hi, reasonable.

I WANT that cure ! ! B-)
Where can we order ???

It is soooo hard to get out of one's head, all the brain-washing that
was done when too young and without defense and also too young
to think by ourself ! !

We did NOT brain-wash our children, and they thank us for it ! !
My 1977 son is "neutral", and my 1975 daughter is now "examining"
the spirituality of India. . .

Blue skies.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
If it is on youtube, it must be true.
At one point Hitler became scared of religion. He felt people's Christian beliefs would interfere with the final solution. Surely he would have directed his scientists to work on a project such as this.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join