It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scorpius

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I wonder how many UFO reports this sort of testing generates. Very cool.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Just wondering. What is this doing in the UFO board? There is just going to be a bunch people namming the craft and a little backround on it and someone else will post another video of it, but it really does not have much to do with UFOs.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

While I totally understand your point. I do find it helpful to be kept up to date on what exists in the realm of human technology.

Part of understanding what something can or cannnot be (in UFO research) is to first establish a data set of 'what is' and 'how what is operates'.

Identified objects are good to see in my book, because they help us to identify future UFOs that might be that craft.

Also, identifying future space vehicles (this one is a moon lander prototype I believe) will help us in the future to determine the identity of a crashed craft here on Earth that does not escape orbit (such as the case in the Kecksburg thread, where images of identified craft were used as comparison points...)

Hope that makes sense.

Plus, that vehicle is really neat! I want one!

-WFA

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Oh and also, I love your signature line! Priceless!

-WFA

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Yeah good point. Where did you find this. do you know anything about this thing?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Trivia: Armadillo was founded by John Carmack, the lead programmer for ID software (Doom, anyone?). He's well on his way to establishing a private space industry, all on his own with a couple of engineers. This little bird is going to net him a 1 million dollar prize from NASA.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Very cool,and the guy is going to win a million?
I honestly thought from the thread title it was going to ask if a race like the sebaceans and scarran could exist in the universe though...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If I shot at that thing with a rifle it would simply explode

That's what's cool

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I saw this on a space news site and it reminded me of some footage I had seen of "flying humanoids" on one of those UFO shows. Flies in the same upright hovering sort of fashion. This competition is within the private sector for the X-Prize... no telling what the DoD has developed with its resources.

I also think it's good to see this sort of test video in this venue, because you know someone's eventually going to repost the video with a different heading and claim it's an alien craft.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

No doubt in my mind that's earthly made ....

UFO ... NOT

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Good question. More than likely, some folks would think we were being invaded if they saw one land!

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that if this marvelous machine were clad in a body like this:

www.freewebs.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

then it would just be perfect

And I want one too.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

If you were planning to try and get out of earths atmosphere, perhaps. This is meant to be a prototype Lunar Lander, however. Thus weight = crucial, and a series of spheres in a framework is better than a big heavy ol' skin of sheet metal around you

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Well aware of what my example was. The point was; that 1950's space-ship design - or indeed any "Flash Gordon" type ship - is evocative and beautiful. The prototype in the video's layout suggested it could take that kind of body work well.

How wonderful it would be to see ships like that taking to the sky instead of the utilitarian craft we have at present.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Ahhh, so true, so true, I can quite agree with you on that respect my good sir. If only the interests of our species were still pointed outwards to the stars instead of inwards, we might have one day seen such works.

top topics

join