It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Magic Wooden Mirror: More than Meets the Eye

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

This wonderful mechanical wooden mirror looks deceptively simple. In reality, it is technologically complex – the hundreds of blocks in the matrix respond to input from carefully concealed cameras that tell them when to shift and rotate. Subtle shades emerge out of the combination of reflected light, cast shadows and the soft wood grain.

Changing with its environment in real time, this mirror is an animated and ghostly reflection of whatever is put in front of it. We see small bits and pieces of ourselves reflected in all kinds of accidental mirrors all the time – opaque images shop windows, distorted forms in a curved metal hand rail – but this takes a particularly unusual material, not known for its reflectivity, and makes it into a larger-than-live reflector.

Source
========================

Thought this was really cool, check out the video.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Looks neat... but also looks kind of useless. I'm sure it would be cool to have in like a hotel lobby or something for entertainment, though.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Reminds me of those structures on the moon and on mars.
awesome "mirror."

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
When you see how it "works", it's fascinating..

I for one would love to have one of these, but can you imagine cleaning it?

Thanks for showing me something that is high tech, but made with low tech materials.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I had thought about something like that a few years ago but had no idea anyone would make one. The main difference between my idea and this one was mine would look like a painting. I just thought it would be fun to watch someone walk up to a picture and have turn into a mirror.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

how fricken awesome!!! I've never seen anything like that, or would have ever thought it possible....

S&F

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Makes me think of a Steampunk solution to a monitor screen, like something jules verne would have invented, being as each cube is analogous to a modern computer "pixel".

top topics

join