It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Labour be Wiped Out?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Bumping this one time to see if anyone has more comments.

Second Line

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
At least you are making the effort to attend the polling station rather than millions that will not bother and then complain but I guess in a democracy, people have the right to vote or not vote

It should be mandatory as far as I'm concerened for a General Election.

The Locals and European's needn't be, but the General Election should be - even if the ballot paper just gets spoiled.

For too long we've had a "majority of a third of the population" government. It needs to change.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I'm not British, but have lived here for four years( citizen of an EEC country, so entitled to vote) and I will be voting. Politically I'm much more inclined to vote Labour, however I have always voted for the person and not the party. I am hoping Sky is successful in their drive to have a televised debate as it's something I grew up with in the States and I am very intrested in seeing the three main candidates battle it out.

I don't understand why people don't vote, I have always voted where I have been able to. Not only voted but researched to make sure my vote was made based on issues and not personalities. To me being a member of a community instils some responsibility, one of those is to vote. Even when I felt my vote may have been wasted It did not deter me. Voter turn out says a lot about a society in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
There's every possibility that this current ''New'' labour would take onwards of a decade to evetually pull back and earn any credibility. As someone quite rightly argued, they would have to go back to basics.

Unfortunately, while I do sympathise those folk living in constituencies with confortable seatings in a majority, things don't change much at all.

I'm not altogether convinced by people who persist to claim of Conservative's tandem derivatives with ''New'' Labour. Similarity on localised policy, yes, maybe, but the Torries are going in a different direction.

Conspiracy aside [because I've yet to witness hard-evidence of them ermerging into post-modern neo-fascism as some bloody idiots would claim on here] Torries would actually make a great improvement on the general standard of life in Britian as a whole. Labour has failed because of the quality [or lack-thereof] of candidates...not on its policies in general, fundamental policy of the party were long undermind to make way for the status-quo, by incompetence - not bad policy.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by BAZ752]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Agreed but how would you enforce it? Have people registered on a database or something similar? As we don't really need more of that.

Additional Internet voting could work.
Not sure I would trust the government though in implementing it, look what happened in America in 2004.

People need to realise that they can effect change when they act together, not when they are divided by a 2 party system.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I better renew my passport, because if New Labour win I won't be able to leave this country quick enough. The Tory lead has been cut to just two points in a new YouGov poll.

If the idiots in this country vote for Gordon Brown & New Labour, then I will truly be ashamed to call myself British. After everything that has been said and done by Gordon Brown & New Labour, you would have to be completely devoid of any morals & ethics to want to vote for them.

www.newstatesman.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join