It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery beast beaten to death by kids in Panama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Terrified locals in a South American town are running scared after a strange creature they describe as "Gollum" crawled out of a lake and charged schoolkids.

The beast — which has "sparked fear and confusion" in the small town of Cerro Azul, Panama — was spotted on Saturday when four 14 to 16-year-olds were playing by the waterfront.

According to their account, reported by Panamanian news service Telemetro, the youngsters "screamed" when the five-foot creature emerged from a cave and started clambouring over rocks towards them "as if to attack them".

In a "desperate bid to defend themselves" the four terrified boys said they hurled rocks at the strange creature to kill it, before throwing its corpse in the water and running away.

Their disbelieving parents returned to the lake the following day — and were stunned to discovered the beast's body washed up on the shore.

www.nypost.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

Wow, I just saw the picture. This story is either a hoax, or a very creepy encounter with a really shiny E.T. Can't wait to hear what others have to say about it.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Its a sloth. There are about 10 other threads about this.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

A hairless sloth? I didn't see a picture of its claws either. A sloth has very large claws and how per se does a sloth charge children? The term sloth is said to people who are extremely slow, correct?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Oh whatever it is it's fantastic! This is the sort of thing so many of us live for and please, PLEASE, no one tell us it's something biologically identifiable because that's all part of the fun! Of course I hope it is something that we know about, otherwise the kids killed something new and beautiful. Those photos are of good quality, it's a shame they couldn't be a bit more detailed; but ah well. Great stuff!

Ramadwarf on photography

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

A sloth's speed can actually be fairly quick. It's a myth that they are slow(most anyway), based on the fact that they generally DONT move very fast.

That being said, I dont buy for a second that it charged the kids. There are no marks on it where they supposedly pelted it with rocks. And then they took pictures and thres it in the ocean.

The story has changed at least 4 times since it first arose two days ago.

For more info, see any of the near dozen threads on this subject.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
They could have shown a pic of the whole creature. I'd like to see the shape of its body. Does it have a tail?What shape are it Legs? Flippers? Claws? One of the bottom pics looks like a mirror image of the top.

It looks like it doesn't have any teeth. Looks kind of pathetic. I can't help but feel sorry for it.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Does look allot like a sloth, but as stated you can't see it's claws...

Mange will cause hair to fall out or it could have simply be shaved after the fact to create a hoax, or.... it is something else.

Hard to say 100%

Caves have had reports of weird stuff coming out of them for all of human history and i'll attest there is much more down there than we know.

It's definitely not an alien though....

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
it's a sloth, the kids found it dead, washed up on the shoreline and made up a sensationalist story that they beat it to death.

case closed.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

I agree, the creature looks somewhat weak and I feel bad for it being stoned to death. Very well could be a sloth, it definitely shares some resemblance.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Looks like Jar Jar Binks. Mesa jusa wanted to see the kidsa!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Double

[edit on 9/17/2009 by Chaos Lord]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This article has a picture of it the next day after it had been partially eaten by buzzards and you can clearly see the claws of a sloth.
www.metro.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The original article source is the Sun, which increases skepticism immediately.

I agree, it looks like a sloth suffering from some type of hair loss.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Aww, it looks pretty poorly. Well, I mean, it would do now, but what kind of life has it had? Was it in desperate pain until it finally died of exhaustion and/or pain? disease? starvation? Looking at the most recent photo I'm feeling a bit, aww

Ramadwarf on feeling it deep

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It does look like a sloth, although I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be some wierd art done by the artist who created the 'Golden Mermaid'

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The toe claws do look remarkably sloth-like though...

-WFA

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This topic is certainly doing the rounds.
There are quite a few threads discussing this, and most have basically proved it's a sloth. Try searching before you post a new thread?

(Not meant to be malicious or nasty, by the way.)

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I felt pretty angry that some animal would be killed like that. Made me remember being a pupil at a school in Mathews ridge, Guyana when a howler monkey came into the school some older kids opened it up with a machete and dragged it around like a trophy.

It seems the norm to kill first and ask questions later... From 1978 to 2009 Nothing has changed :mad

[edit on 18-9-2009 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I can't believe this story even made International news once anyone observed the claws of this creature coupled with the shape of its face and body, it is more than obvious that it is a sloth.

I also don't buy the story of these kids killing it. It appears bloated to me like it's been dead a while. Where's the blood? It definitely appears washed like it died and then washed up.

As for it not having hair...whatever...the damn this is a sloth. Period.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

The moral of the story....

Do not scare children or you will be beaten to death

How times change

[edit on 23-9-2009 by XXXN3O]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join