It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panama: youngsters claim to have killed an alien

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Another thing that is puzzling me is where in the world are its teeth?

What on Earth would this thing eat?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
You're scared so you kill it. Sounds like something a dog or bear would do. And we are supposedly advanced?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It had obviously been in the water for a while. It is extremely bloated, and bleached.

The kids were OBVIOUSLY lying about it charging them.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It looks like it could be related to that piggy in that clip that Silo posted

Crazy pic though? probably a hoax?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
It had obviously been in the water for a while. It is extremely bloated, and bleached.

The kids were OBVIOUSLY lying about it charging them.

yeah and what a typical human response- to kill it- that bit rings true

2nd line

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

There isn't nearly enough information to call it a hoax.
Jesus, why does everything have to be explained away.

It is a bunch of kids claiming it is an alien. But they don't KNOW that. For all they know, it was an, as yet, undiscovered cave dwelling animal.

For the life of me I can't understand why people would just jump to the conclusion that the children in question are lying about this.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Poor little thing...

I can see why they were scared, but it doesn't look harmful.

That picture has upset me slightly.

Humanity eh?

EDIT: It looks like the 'baby' from David Lynch's Eraserhead.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

There isn't nearly enough information to call it a hoax.
Jesus, why does everything have to be explained away.

It is a bunch of kids claiming it is an alien. But they don't KNOW that. For all they know, it was an, as yet, undiscovered cave dwelling animal.

For the life of me I can't understand why people would just jump to the conclusion that the children in question are lying about this.

well like another poster pointed out- look at it- doesnt look like it had the energy to charge anyone-

I'm going with what you said- an as yet undiscovered cave dweller- or it's a hoax

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen

well like another poster pointed out- look at it- doesnt look like it had the energy to charge anyone-

Well, when was the last time you saw an energetic dead creature? I really wish the hind quarters were shown in the picture. That could possibly answer these questions once and for all.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Well, when was the last time you saw an energetic dead creature? I really wish the hind quarters were shown in the picture. That could possibly answer these questions once and for all.

Simple biology my friend.

No teeth, bloated stomach, skinny limbs, small eyes, narrow point of vision.

Learn a little biology and you'll finds these are traits not associated with dangerous animals (assuming it is an animal)

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Yeah but look at it it's all bloated- plus where are the marks from it being stoned to death?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
another reason it is obviously a sloth is that children were able to throw stones at it and kill it? Sloths are super slow. I doubt aliens would stand around and accept that kind of treatment!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
So I didnt read the thread before posting and it seems it's a sloth

Makes ya sad that people would skin an animal to prove a point- happens all the time- I hope it was dead first or that they didnt kill it just to skin it and put it up on the www

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

It doesn't look skinned..... well because it looks fleshy and seems to have skin.

Obligatory second line.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It's clearly an alien sloth. If there can be alien people, surely there can be alien sloths, right?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
It's clearly an alien sloth. If there can be alien people, surely there can be alien sloths, right?

Umh perhaps but not on earth

second line

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Wormwood Squirm]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Since some people missed the link I posted, I will post here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have found an interview by Nieves B. Pazos to Prof. Gastón Aseff , a researcher in cryptozoology: he stated to have just been at the phone with one of ther biologists who performed the autopsy to the creature:
according to him, it could be a mutation of a sloth: Perezoso, which translation returns "Sloth".

Source
www.almanaqueazul.org...

Also according to Jacobo Araúz, a zoologist who teaches at the Faculty of Natural Sciences at the University of Panama, it should be some breed of sloth, but he added that it could also be could be a mutation of a mammal born with some form of malformation.
He also stated that they should investigate the area in order to find out whether there are similar ones, and also if in the area is being used any pesticides that cause this type genetic malformations.
Another possible cause would be the so called "endogamia" (inbreeding):

This type of malformations are common in wildlife when populations are small and begin reproducing between themselves, a union that in biology is known as "endogamia".

www.critica.com.pa...

Inbreeding may result in a far higher phenotypic expression of deleterious recessive genes within a population than would normally be expected. As a result, first-generation inbred individuals are more likely to show physical and health defects, including:

• Reduced fertility both in litter size and sperm viability
  • Increased genetic disorders
  • Fluctuating facial asymmetry
  • Lower birth rate
  • Higher infant mortality
  • Slower growth rate
  • Smaller adult size
  • Loss of immune system function

• en.wikipedia.org...
    so the theories are basically two, each one of them not neccessarly excludes the other one: (it could be some malformed sloth as far as they know)

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:49 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Gools
    See something strange or that makes you scared... kill it.

And people wonder why "they" don't make contact.

It's an excellent survival mechanism that's kept humanity around so far.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:54 PM
    link   
    reply to post by greeneyedleo

It certainly does look like a sloth.
    I wonder why it was reported coming out of a cave.

Oh well. One thing is pretty certain, it isn't an alien.

I also still wonder why it has no teeth. I mean, it has obviously lived long enough to have eaten a few meals, but there aren't any teeth.

The obvious question is still the albino look. But hairless albino animals aren't all that rare, I suppose.

The teeth gets me more than anything.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:55 PM
    link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

It doesn't look skinned..... well because it looks fleshy and seems to have skin.

Obligatory second line.

It does look fleshy but that's not to say someone got rid of it's fur somehow?

I dunno, these we killed an alien pics all look pretty much the same- a dead animal looking like thing with no hair

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join