It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panama: youngsters claim to have killed an alien

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Panama: youngsters claim to have killed an alien

momento24.com

The discovery of a strange creature in Cerro Azul, Panama, sparked controversy among the people, for what some say might be a creature from another planet, others simply believe that it si just an animal.

Two young men were having fun on the hill when they saw at the entrance of a cave a creature that was approaching them. They were frightened and stoned it to death.

Panama’s Channel 13 showed images of a strange creature that appeared last weekend in Cerro Azul, east of Panama City, and that alarmed local residents.

According to Telemetro, polemic unleashed between those who belie
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
g1.globo.com

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I first found this in the brazilian MSM , and then searched for a english source to post here , link to the portuguese headline is also in the additional links.

Bizarre , seems like a shaved , or simply born withouth hair animal to me.

What is your opinion on this? Do you think this could be an ET?

momento24.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Thats one heck of a disturbing picture x.x

What the heck could it be ?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I tend to agree with one of the comments on the site. Its probably a sloth.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
That's a sloth. Panama has many of them. Most have fur, however. I can't imagine it was stoned to death, as there doesn't appear to be any gashes on the body, as would be the case in a stoning.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm leaning towards sloth. Maybe an albino/gene deficient variant with no hair. It has the "claws" of a sloth, the same body shape. Crazy/disturbing none the less.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
poor alieny slothy thing

People are horrid.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Not to be rude, but threads on this popped up two days ago. How many threads about it do we need? There have been at least half a dozen....

link   
Looks like one of those bears that hang from trees with those long claws. Can't remember the name, but in spanish it is "Oso perezoso", look for images in google.

www.fotonatura.org...

Well... somehow this particular one is hairless and skinny. Lol

You can see one of its claws on the right arm.

link   
reply to post by Roufas

On another website it was identified as a Sloth, based on its unique hands which only a sloth has.

case closed.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
That's a sloth. Panama has many of them. Most have fur, however. I can't imagine it was stoned to death, as there doesn't appear to be any gashes on the body, as would be the case in a stoning.

I have to agree when I first looked at the pic I was wondering where the marks were from the stoning. So either it was already dead and stripped of fur or it is plain fake.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I hope the sloths don't retaliate. Imagine 5000 sloths invading a village.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bettermakings
I hope the sloths don't retaliate. Imagine 5000 sloths invading a village.

Well, they'd better start coming down the hill soon...
I'm set to die within 80 years.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
See something strange or that makes you scared... kill it.

And people wonder why "they" don't make contact.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Sloth is a weird creature, but on the other hand cute and very friendly.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2b9fe3749a32.jpg[/atsimg]

Creature on the images looks like a shaved sloth, you can't mistake those claws.

There already was a shaved monkey alien (not one, but a few), even shaved rat alien as I recall. Lots of animals look alieny when shaved.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
That is obviously a sloth, how are people so easily fooled that this makes it onto the news?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Although it is ok to have the same topic in 2 different forums, you may want to check out this topic already being discussed in Aliens & UFOs. Good info in that thread

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Not saying it's an alien, but why is it's nose completely colorless? The pad on an animal's nose isn't hair... it's a black patch of flesh, spongey and very unique to the point that it can be used to "fingerprint" the animal. This creature has no nose pad. Every picture of a sloth I can find has a distinct black nose pad.

I'm actually wondering if this is an embryonic sloth photographed in such a way as to make it appear larger in size. Or else maybe it's a new breed of sloth, not seen before. Is there such a thing as a cave sloth? If it lived in the dark it's whole life, it could appear almost albino... maybe its food or water source in the depths of the cave stopped replenishing and it was driven out by hunger.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yeah stone it to death. *sigh* Why kill it? I don't know, nevermind.
The argument could go either way I suppose.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing as well.
It has a colorless nose.

Albino perhaps, as you said. Or perhaps just cave-dwelling. They said it was coming out of a cave, afterall.

I don't buy into the idea that something with claws like that could possibly be an extraterretrial race.

I would think a species would at the very least need hands SOMEWHAT similar to ours in order to master space-flight.

I'm guessing that this creature's species never had an industrial age and just sorta' magicked themselves into space.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join