It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Obama Cave? (Poll on Fox)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
You guys should check this out. I know that Fox can have some whacko followers, but this is pretty cool.

www.foxnews.com...

Here's what it looked like a few minutes ago.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9a2d5ee2c3a.png[/atsimg]

Uh...I know there are a LOT of armchair generals in the US, but this is pretty overwhelming. Are we still afraid of Russia?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
He "caved" to the fact that we were going to be spending a lot of money on something almost entirely useless in a lame bid to reignite the Cold War, and to piss off our European allies - the politicians in Poland and the Czech Republic like the plan because we were offering them a lot of money and defense aid, but the populations there opposed them by wide majorities because they made them targets for Russian nukes if WW3 breaks out.

Canceling this project is actually one of the reasons I voted for him, and I am glad it is one little bit of "change" we are actually seeing from this administration.

People talk a lot here about the PTB as if it were a united front, however it's fairly easy to see that there are different factions with different agendas. I'll stick with the faction that doesn't want to bring the Cold War back to spur massive defense spending, thanks.

PS: somehow I don't think a Fox News poll is going to get us anything like a "representative sample", any more than an MSNBC poll would.

[edit on 9/17/09 by xmotex]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
He "caved" to the fact that we were going to be spending a lot of money on something almost entirely useless in a lame bid to reignite the Cold War, and to piss off our European allies - the politicians in Poland and the Czech Republic like the plan because we were offering them a lot of money and defense aid, but the populations there opposed them by wide majorities because they made them targets for Russian nukes if WW3 breaks out.

Canceling this project is actually one of the reasons I voted for him, and I am glad it is one little bit of "change" we are actually seeing from this administration.

People talk a lot here about the PTB as if it were a united front, however it's fairly easy to see that there are different factions with different agendas. I'll stick with the faction that doesn't want to bring the Cold War back to spur massive defense spending, thanks.

PS: somehow I don't think a Fox News poll is going to get us anything like a "representative sample", any more than an MSNBC poll would.

[edit on 9/17/09 by xmotex]

Yeah...I understand the whole money pit thing over there...whiz bang things that whir around a go 'beep' every now and then a friggin' expensive. Fox is just as much a joke to me as everyone else is at this point. What I thought was sort of amusing was the 90 percentile thing just how much bigger the line was.

And it really makes me wonder if this isn't just a way to get Russia some more territory and resources.

Interesting how so many can see it as 'caving' is all...I don't agree with his decision, because I mostly just don't agree with anything he does, but this one brings up cold war type stuff in my head.

I know we live in a different time now and all...it just seems like without US help there, quite a few countries are going to become Russia again. I suppose there really isn't much to worry about though.

Do you think it was an effort to appease the Russians that was related to Iran in any way?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

For myself this entire thing echoes what I call parallel Worlds of perception. We live in what is presented to us; the World of the masses. It is full of bread, and circus; as was learned from the great Roman Empires to keep the masses at bay.

The other World is one of mysteries, smoke, and mirrors. It is the World of the Power Elite. They are above, and beyond simple geographical land borders defining what the masses perceive as countries. These boys, and girls when making any move; could be to the ole' saying about the US,"When the USA sneezes the rest of the World catches a cold!".

Imagine being so powerful that not many know of Your existence; it's out of the perceivable realm of reality for the common man, but the decisions of the different Elite groups define, and alter history.

I know this may be a bit confusing, but I see what Obama did when scrapping this defense shield(which imho was an offensive shield) as a concession of one group of Elites to another. Obama is only the visible pawn being shown to make the decision to stop the shield.

People in the Western World have been enslaved for so long they cannot recognize something; which steers us away from war as good.

S&F

new topics

top topics

join