It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There will be Blood: Pelosi warns of Political 'Violence'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Its a scare tatic...and they are scared. That march on Washington , all the TeaParties and TownHall meetings are sending a signal they don't want to admit.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
how low can a political party go when they are using a woman to cry on TV so they can get political gain.

She should be very afraid, but not from political violence but from the outrage of the people that elected her looking for change, and for the people that elected the democratic president looking for hope.

All they have done is crap on the American tax payer, on the future of our unborn children and on the wealth of the nation.

Because congress has been sold and bought by private interest and we the people knows.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The Pelosi scrap mirrors an earlier fight. In April, the Department of Homeland Security set off a firestorm of protest when it acknowledged it had produced a report titled: "Right-Wing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment," which warned that right-wing groups could be spurred to violence by the election of the nation's first African-American president.

Republicans — still upset at Pelosi's charge that disruptions by town hall protesters were "un-American" — were quick to take issue.

From Pete Session (R-Tx)

“Speaker Pelosi is right that the American people are upset, but it is her own words that continue to fuel voter frustration in America," Sessions said in a statement sent to POLITICO. "No longer content with criticizing concerned citizens for being ‘un-American,’ the Speaker is now likening genuine opposition to assassination. Such insulting rhetoric not only undermines the credibility of her office, but it underscores the desperate attempt by her party to divert attention away from a failing agenda."

link

Not to mention all the questions surrounding the two DNC certificates of nomination. I am sure she would like it all to 'just go away'.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Yes, the likes of Nancy Pelosi cannot be tolerated! She's calling some of us hooligans and potentially violent! We must get out our muskets and our torches and our ropes and go get her! How dare she call us names! Sic semper tyrannis!

Mods, please note: Saracasm. I know it's getting hard to tell anymore!

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Hey is nothing wrong with remembering how our founding fathers fought for freedom and tyranny.

But now seems that we the people are the dangerous here while the corrupted government are the saviors.

They are scare because the know that it only going to take a spark to ignite the masses.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
There will be blood? I was expecting to see this...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Invoke civil rights struggles, invoke the struggles of LBGT, do these people have no shame?

I am a gun totting redneck livin' in the boondocks and I'm all for gay rights as long as they don't infringe on mine, I am all for human rights, I am for freedom of religion, and the right to cover myself in green jello and watch Cinemax if I so desire.

Why the heck is it every time a liberal senses a shift in the poles they invoke the "GREAT STRUGGLES". Fact, Charlton "Pry My Gun Heston" marched for Civil Rights. That's right Omega Man!

Take a look at some of your "liberal" heroes, they aren't as progressive as you might think!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
When I saw this thread I thought it was a practical joke at first. After all,
Nancy Pelosi is supposed to be the Iron Maiden of the Senate. She's
hurled mean-spirited accusations at the town-hall attendees and even
became angry with a 5 star general who called her "ma'am", instead of
"Madam Speaker", during one of the war hearings. Didn't the Honorable
Madam Senator Speaker Nancy Pelosi also have the guts to call the
CIA "Liars", and to say that General Petraeus should have his name
changed to General Betray-Us?

Perhaps she's starting to crack under the pressure of creating so many
enemies and not being in control of things the way she wants to in
the House of Representatives.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I call crocodile tears. She's an actor alright. Just not a very good one. I believe she HOPES there will be violence so she and her cronies can be vindicated in their use of terms like, "un-American, terrorists, astroturf, nazis, neocons, and, oh gosh...the list is too long.

What a fake.
I pray that the people in California can see her for what she is now, which is a liar and a hypocrite. I hope she's ousted in the next election. And in a very handy way.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I felt she was sincere and her emotions heartfelt.

Odd that the ones who criticize her are the same ones defending the blubber-boy on FOX.

I am sure that for some 2nd only to having a Black President having a woman holding the 3rd highest office in our great land is more they can handle.

Change is at hand my friends. And old fashioned bigotry is no match for progress.

America IS a melting pot. Embrace the present and future or be left in the past.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I felt she was sincere and her emotions heartfelt.

But in connection with what issue?

Fear for herself?

Fear of the people changing the status quo?

Sorry I don't believe it was all based on her recollection of the past.

Any ideas?

peace

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Beck will not stop until his people are blowing stuff up.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I would have to agree with Pelosi; I think a violent confrontation is coming.

To avoid it, if she knows something the masses don't, I wish she, or anyone else in the know, would share.

Some people love Pelosi, some people hate her. One man's God is another man's Satan and vice versa.

Years ago, I took a college course called "Statistical Methods of Psychology." It was in that class that I learned that just about every statistic you have ever seen can be manipulated by the stat taker and/or the people that created the survey.

My point is that it's impossible to get every one to agree one a single idea. "I'm right, your wrong...facts or no facts."

Enjoy the ride.

Peace until War.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Her fear of orchestrated violence by Americans toward other Americans. Period.

IMO, It was a nonracial point of reference. A reminder from her personal recollection and perspective. I watched the interview on TV in it's entirety. There is more than excerpt in OP.

Regards...KK

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Huh.....I didn't think a dried up old hag could muster enough moisture to produce tears, real or crocodile.....

It's an act/scare tactic. She's trying to scare the masses into thinking that the people who oppose this health care reform are going to turn violent. Not that I don't think there are a few whack-a-doodles out there capable of being violent, I just think she's trying to over-dramatize the opposition, thus undermining it.

Just my .02

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

America IS a melting pot. Embrace the present and future or be left in the past.

Of course when Bush was in office, you guys had every right to riot in the streets, burn cars and break in to businesses!Of course YOU don't have to embrace the present. I'm more and more amazed at how people on the left and in the media rewrite history in their own minds. Its like the last 8 years never happened.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly

Of course when Bush was in office, you guys had every right to riot in the streets, burn cars and break in to businesses!Of course YOU don't have to embrace the present. I'm more and more amazed at how people on the left and in the media rewrite history in their own minds. Its like the last 8 years never happened.

Perhaps the VERY REASON peeople are "this way" is directly BECAUSE of the last 8 years.

I'll be curious to see the level of outrage from the right-wing neocons after 4 or 8 years if the vitriol after less than one year is any indication.

I endured. The shoe is on the other foot pal.

If there was no periodic shift of party power, then this really isn't a democracy, or republic or whatever the constitutionalists like to call it.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
She's scared - deservedly so!
This should serve to put all liberals on notice - YOU are a TINY minority! The vast majority of Americans want nothing to do with your failed policies. If these politicans who are hired to represent US can no longer serve in that capacity, they had better be prepared for the consequences. If violence comes, then so be it! This great nation was built upon the foundation of defeating oppression. And right now a cabal of wingnut leftists are oppressing the wills and wants of the vast majority of Americans. These politicans will have no one to blame but themselves should they fall upon the pitchforks of the peasants!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by Wimbly

Perhaps the VERY REASON peeople are "this way" is directly BECAUSE of the last 8 years.

I'll be curious to see the level of outrage from the right-wing neocons after 4 or 8 years if the vitriol after less than one year is any indication.

I endured. The shoe is on the other foot pal.

If there was no periodic shift of party power, then this really isn't a democracy, or republic or whatever the constitutionalists like to call it.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by kinda kurious]

WHAT periodic shift in power??? When the two parties are just two heads of the same snake.....we ALL LOOSE!

You sir have fallen right into the trap of "divide and conquer"

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by silo13

She should know, considering she's part of the cabal that is destroying the world. She knows full well that the reaper will be coming to collect his dues from her and her "buddies" soon enough.

And by reaper I mean peasants with pitchforks...

[edit on 17-9-2009 by warrenb]

she is referring to the murder of harvey milk (gay activist) and moscone (mayor of san francisco) by right-wing republican dan white. amazing that you don't hear about gays murdering right-wingers...i guess only then would it be shocking...and how does this relate to current events??? well, this is how some right-wingers express their freedom of speech...
as in killing gays, killing abortion doctors, killling liberals...

and to think that she is pleading for republican congressmen to step up and denounce the type of violent rhetoric that is being encouraged by the right wingers...and if you don't think that is happening?...go to google and type in k*ll obama, see how patriotic americans express their freedom of speech.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join