It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There will be Blood: Pelosi warns of Political 'Violence'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Headline Source

“I have concerns about some of the language that is being used because I saw … I saw this myself in the late '70s in San Francisco,” Pelosi said, choking up and with tears forming in her eyes. “This kind of rhetoric is just, is really frightening and it created a climate in which we, violence took place and … I wish that we would all, again, curb our enthusiasm in some of the statements that are made.”

See (original) Video Here

The heat is on...

I'd like to know more about what this is in reference to - (What question was asked of her, what came before the comment, etc.)

Anyone know?

Regardless, the fear is obvious, but is it real or is it memorex?

EDIT: More...

Pelosi warns right of inciting "violence" — invoking Harvey Milk murder

An uncharacteristically emotional Nancy Pelosi is warning Republicans — and other groups getting whipped up over the health care debate — not to incite unstable supporters who might repeat acts of violence that struck San Francisco in the 1970s.

"I think we all have to take action and responsibility for our words — we are a free country and this balance between freedom and safety is one that we, um, have to carefully balance," said Pelosi, who made no direct mention of Republicans.

She added: "You have to take responsibility for any incitement that [the speaker's words] may cause."

“Speaker Pelosi is right that the American people are upset, but it is her own words that continue to fuel voter frustration in America," Sessions said in a statement sent to POLITICO. "No longer content with criticizing concerned citizens for being ‘un-American,’ the Speaker is now likening genuine opposition to assassination. Such insulting rhetoric not only undermines the credibility of her office, but it underscores the desperate attempt by her party to divert attention away from a failing agenda."

Sessions, who raised eyebrows earlier this year by suggesting the House GOP minority needed to adapt the insurgent politics of the Taliban, added: "During one of the most important policy debates of our time, the American people have been completely abandoned by those elected representatives under her control. Voters are justifiably frustrated with Washington, and the Speaker's verbal assault on voters accomplishes nothing other than furthering her reputation for being wildly out of touch with the American people.”

see source

peace

[edit on 17-9-2009 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

she should follow her own advice....

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Maybe she reads ATS

Really, we've got plenty of people on here who seem to be pretty eager to shoot their neighbors because they voted for the wrong guy.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
What about the acts of violence this very government has inflicted upon the tax payers by piledriving us into the bedrock of massive, unending national debt over bullcrap pet projects and wish list private interests on the part of our so-called representatives?

If wishes and dreams were ponies and horses, Nancy Pelosi would be in possession of a fleet of Arabian stallions paid for by our tax dollars.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
She's a liar, and a hypocrite.

What? Pelosi can't use the race card any more?

Boo.

Hiss.

Thumb, down.

Nice thread though. . . .

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

She should know, considering she's part of the cabal that is destroying the world. She knows full well that the reaper will be coming to collect his dues from her and her "buddies" soon enough.

And by reaper I mean peasants with pitchforks...

[edit on 17-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
D E S P E R A T I O N !!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I have no pity for her. She has had the power to pass some very meaningful legislation that would benefit all Americans, but has chosen to play partisan politics instead.

The only reason she is putting on a show is because her career is in the dumps. Exactly where it belongs.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I was reading the comment section of this piece on the original source, and all of a sudden its not there, it either my computer or they didn't expect so many people calling her out in their comments.

IMO, she should just quit while she's still ahead. Since she got her spot as speaker, she has inciting people to commit "political violence".

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
You guys need to stop it right now!

Stop making that nice lady cry.

She has done nothing but GIVE, GIVE, GIVE for you and this is the thanks she gets?

You guys should be ashamed.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I wish people like her would spend some time in reflection, I mean if she herself and most of the other career politicians looked in the mirror and asked themselves what have they really done for this country and what do they plan to do to make it better...I would love to hear the answers. By her owns words she of all people should know the consequences of adding fuel to the political fire, and by acknowledging the fact she has seen this type of atmosphere before in the '70s it's good to know that a damn thing hasn't changed. Ironically she champions the right of every American to express free speech yet she herself chooses to listen to only one side, just the same as many republicans refuse to give an inch of ground in the healthcare debate. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a good argument here and there but we elect these officials to actually accomplish something during their time in office yet everyone holds their vote, not on principle or for the benefit of the public, but to push through the agenda of whatever side of the isle they sit on.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Give me a break. Pelosi and her ilk are as much to blame as anyone. They're the ones calling everyone who disagree with their agenda racists, nazis, un-American, or domestic terrorists. Does she honestly expect that at least some people wouldn't be *extremely* pissed off by it?

Hey Nancy, take a long look in the mirror. Hopefully it will not turn violent, but if it does, its her fault and that of any who have engaged in the type of political baiting that she has.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by vor78]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
She has done nothing but GIVE, GIVE, GIVE for you and this is the thanks she gets?

The only thing that she has given me (other than grief for having opposing views) is something other then baseball to think about to last longer with my girlfriend. Mind you if you try this method, you can only think about it for about 3 seconds every minute or else your entire night will be spoiled.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
She, like all the other career-politicians, are ACTORS.

What we see of them is SCRIPTED.

When they are not acting or being directed, they are in 'productions'.

Perhaps they see a time when the Republican-Democrat monopoly in government might actually end. I suppose they would cry over that.

Wouldn't that be nice?

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DropInABucket

Originally posted by KSPigpen

The only thing that she has given me (other than grief for having opposing views) is something other then baseball to think about to last longer with my girlfriend. Mind you if you try this method, you can only think about it for about 3 seconds every minute or else your entire night will be spoiled.

Ew.

So essentially, what I hear you saying is that as 'birth-control' she works well....speaker of the house...not so much.

You, my friend should not stop taking your meds.

Sorry...OP, thank you very, very much for bringing this video to our attention. It's amazing how emotions, especially a woman crying, can either motivate change, or ammunition sales.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
straight up hipocracy. its cool if her side says this or that cause it falls under the 1st admendment but if we do it we are ars'.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
She knows best considering the insane leftist population of her district. I found a nice little compilation, though strictly presidential targets...

www.modernconservative.com...

People dont kill politicians, Democrats do...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Please Nancy, just go away. I am so tired of you and it is getting old hearing your annoying voice and seeing your damn ugly face on TV.

Such dribble comes from you weekly it seems there is no end. Get back on your broom an ride out of town already.

Have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Maybe the 70K to 2 Million pissed off Americans at her office last weekend has her worried.
Ya think. Could be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join