It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst product you ever bought.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Nothing ticks me off more than thinking I bought something really good, and it turns out to be cheap, rotten, garbage.
Either through false claims or other means we have all fallen victim to buying a product that fell far short of our expectations.
Most recently, I purchased this...

I thought woohoo! never shave my legs again! only seconds to work!never cut myself again!
BSBSBSBSBSBS
This product cost me $17.00, and it doesn't work in seconds.
Took me a full 10 minutes to do the same size area that I could swipe with a razor in 2 seconds flat, and the hair grew back at the same rate as if I shaved it off with a 25 cent razor.
I'll never use it..just let it collect dust in my bathroom cupboard.

So what products have you bought that you wish you hadn't?
Share it here and spare us the trouble and expense.

(yes I know I could look up product reviews online..but I'm always here )

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
My electronic drum set.
Usually with those you can change the heads or the pads when they get old or damaged.
Mine i bought just assuming that was the case.
It turns out once you ruin the pad the kit is finished.
Its a drumset so obviously they will get beat up and bashed around.
They made it so you can't upgrade anything or replace anything.
Whoever heard of a company that doesn't sell parts for its products??
If I had my way I would just

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought of the exact same product. Not only did it not work for me, it left my skin red and sore.:shk: I want my friggin money back!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Ditto. I do use it on my knees though since those are bony and treacherous. Sitting on the couch watching tv, or talking on the phone, doing my knees. Once used it in the car at a traffic light.

Thought I could use the small one for my eyebrows. Nada.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The select comfort bed. Which is an expensive mistake to make. My husband and I have very bad backs. Not being experienced in shopping, I didn't know what to look for.

He likes his side firm, I like mine soft. Perfect for us, right?

Well soft means a deflated bag. So basically I sleep in a bowl. Sometimes my husband rolls into me.

Never again. Took me a few years to pay off that mistake too.

The only advantage is that when I was preggo, it came in really handy. It was comfortable then for some reason and I could change it as needed.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Leather furniture when my wife is a cat person. We have three of the little monsters and what was once a lovely new chair which is now shredded.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
sorry for you buying that womanly product XD
lets see...i usualy am too smart by now to buy some appliance without reading on the net,saved my ass MANY times,peoples voice rulz XD
i once got a NEO MP3 player,broken a** piece of ****.
ihave a panasonic car cd player,not so bad,but with the bump protection,when i go throw a small hole in the ground the music stops for a couple of seconds and sometimes the disk comes out with the E2 ERROR,i know its protection but it SUCKS,go buy a USB player,put ur usb in,and dont deal with cds becoming corrupted or music starting to loop the same sentence 20 times FRIKKIN nasty.

new topics

top topics

join